Page 151 of 218 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Well, that mini confirms time is faster in the microverse so it's possibly the entire mini could be set in a hour but weeks in the microverse.

Zub is basically confirming a Miles solo but not just yet. Plus, setting it before the Spider Man last arc is kinda messy.
    I don't really get a confirmed or hint miles will get another book.

August solicits are a clue though. He has an annual out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whenever a writer wants to do a big Sam-focused storyline, I ask myself "Is he ever going to really find his dad?"
    I wonder that, too. It's accidentally turned into Sam's own little epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^Bring back Novas, dammit.
    This please.

Champions #21 preview.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-champions-21/

Infinity Countdown: Champions #1 is also due out on June 20, but there isn't a preview for that on AIPT.

Nadia's joining Future Fight, which means that only Viv and Snowguard are missing from the game.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Say it loud, say it proud, Kamala. <hair toss>

Thanks - though a warning for anyone else, that last page there spoils something that happens in #21.
    spoilers:
    Snowguard is seen sleeping in Viv 2.0's bed, she's moved in with Viv.

Long time no see, Mrs Alexander. Sam's right, it is lucky that she knows he's a superhero. In fact, all the Champions' Moms know their secrets, except for Amadeus, and that's only because his folks are dead.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Say it loud, say it proud, Kamala. <hair toss>
    Except she's literally completely wrong here. In fact, her soapbox about adult heroes has gotten pretty annoying since she seems to think they're always the ones who are wrong. Yes, the adults have times of cynicism but at the same time, they have the experience on their side that allows them to make these types of calls. And Miles' discovery proves their point. I'm really hoping to see Kamala both eat some crow and take this as a learning experience by the end of this issue.

Did I say she was right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Except she's literally completely wrong here. In fact, her soapbox about adult heroes has gotten pretty annoying since she seems to think they're always the ones who are wrong. Yes, the adults have times of cynicism but at the same time, they have the experience on their side that allows them to make these types of calls. And Miles' discovery proves their point. I'm really hoping to see Kamala both eat some crow and take this as a learning experience by the end of this issue.
    In this specific instance, yes, Kamala is wrong and Miles' discovery will obviously be the lazy way this conflict is resolved (Because why have genuine ideological struggles with no clear answer when someone can just be evil?) Although given Carol's one of the leaders here, it's not like she had any ground to stand on in the first place.

However, she's isn't wrong that most of the time the adults in this universe are pretty worthless and just screw things up. And experience? How did Cap's massive amount of experience serve him in Avengers vs X-Men again? I'd say it's just because this is a world where people can fall to the whims of bad writing, but even in our world, it becomes more clear every day that just being older and more experienced doesn't make you wiser.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    In this specific instance, yes, Kamala is wrong and Miles' discovery will obviously be the lazy way this conflict is resolved (Because why have genuine ideological struggles with no clear answer when someone can just be evil?) Although given Carol's one of the leaders here, it's not like she had any ground to stand on in the first place.

However, she's isn't wrong that most of the time the adults in this universe are pretty worthless and just screw things up. And experience? How did Cap's massive amount of experience serve him in Avengers vs X-Men again? I'd say it's just because this is a world where people can fall to the whims of bad writing, but even in our world, it becomes more clear every day that just being older and more experienced doesn't make you wiser.
    It's either this or have more stupid conflict people are tired of.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Most of the time? The only times that the adults are presented as useless is when Marvel is trying to do their stupid hero vs hero stories. Throughout most of their published lives, the adult heroes have served as beacons of hope and if not for them, the MU Earth wouldn’t even still be standing. Yes there are moments where they are written terribly out of character to service the plot (aforementioned hero vs hero) but just looking at the iconic heroic moments that the characters that are adults have outweighs the attempt at making them look bad by a massive margin. Hell the event of Secret Empire even served to them as a mirror to what they had become thanks to the overuse of hero vs hero and pushed them to learn from it to become the heroes that the world truly needs. So yea, at this point they’re just flanderizing Kamala’s entire stance of ideals to the point that she basically views that the adult heroes are never right about anything and that it’s just them pushing around their authority.

And really, this is the second time in a few months that they’ve had the Champions soapbox needlessly towards the adults and it gets to be pretty annoying that whenever they’re gathered, they basically turn into glorified adult haters sitting atop the tallest of high horses. You ask me, X-Men Blue handled the concept of a villain who is doing good in the moment so they can do evil with it later much better than here.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-15-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Most of the time? The only times that the adults are presented as useless is when Marvel is trying to do their stupid hero vs hero stories. Throughout most of their published lives, the adult heroes have served as beacons of hope and if not for them, the MU Earth wouldn’t even still be standing. Yes there are moments where they are written terribly out of character to service the plot (aforementioned hero vs hero) but just looking at the iconic heroic moments that the characters that are adults have outweighs the attempt at making them look bad by a massive margin. Hell the event of Secret Empire even served to them as a mirror to what they had become thanks to the overuse of hero vs hero and pushed them to learn from it to become the heroes that the world truly needs. So yea, at this point they’re just flanderizing Kamala’s entire stance of ideals to the point that she basically views that the adult heroes are never right about anything and that it’s just them pushing around their authority.

And really, this is the second time in a few months that they’ve had the Champions soapbox needlessly towards the adults and it gets to be pretty annoying that whenever they’re gathered, they basically turn into glorified adult haters sitting atop the tallest of high horses. You ask me, X-Men Blue handled the concept of a villain who is doing good in the moment so they can do evil with it later much better than here.
    Agreed! Kamala has become pretty annoying over time, always projecting an attitude of superiority and self-righteous, that she knows what's right and everyone else is wrong. I also don't like how they portray the Champions as always deferring to whatever she wants. I hope Zub brings more balance to the team and gives each member equal focus. Also more pushback and less acquiescence to Kamala. And finally stop with all the adults are worthless, clueless, wrong about everything narrative, it's grating and also annoying. This book truly portrays the niavity of youth.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Agreed! Kamala has become pretty annoying over time, always projecting an attitude of superiority and self-righteous, that she knows what's right and everyone else is wrong. I also don't like how they portray the Champions as always deferring to whatever she wants. I hope Zub brings more balance to the team and gives each member equal focus. Also more pushback and less acquiescence to Kamala. And finally stop with all the adults are worthless, clueless, wrong about everything narrative, it's grating and also annoying. This book truly portrays the niavity of youth.
    You know something that makes a lot of sense. And it would be nice to have more balanced narrative.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    This book truly portrays the nativity of youth.
    More like many responses to the book portray how out of touch with reality so many adults are.

EDIT: (Before a mod shows up, this comment is no more a direct jab at tall man than their comment was toward me.)
    Last edited by Assam; 06-15-2018 at 11:23 AM.