Page 185 of 218 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Riri was STRAIGHT trolling folks with that comment and her armor.

A real punch in the face for some.

Is it true that there is a limit to what people can do even heroes can not save all people, on the other hand how often a tragedy must happen for someone to do something about it?

As one of the students attacked in this issue was also a mutant I can say that it is a very familiar topic for X-mens fans.

As a fan of the X-mens I have seen the mansion being attacked and students dying for years and today it seems that the X-mens act as if this is something totally normal? This really makes me uncomfortable as if they had lost the ability to feel empathy or maybe seeing so many deaths has affected them.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    A real punch in the face for some.

Is it true that there is a limit to what people can do even heroes can not save all people, on the other hand how often a tragedy must happen for someone to do something about it?

As one of the students attacked in this issue was also a mutant I can say that it is a very familiar topic for X-mens fans.

As a fan of the X-mens I have seen the mansion being attacked and students dying for years and today it seems that the X-mens act as if this is something totally normal? This really makes me uncomfortable as if they had lost the ability to feel empathy or maybe seeing so many deaths has affected them.
    Yeah that is also my main issue with the X-men and the X-editors who practically turned the students more relevant than the school's furniture. It makes them look like they don't give two damns if any of the kids die in an attack at the institute

Good news and bad news on the solo front - Miles Morales: Spider-Man is out in December. But it's bad news for Viv... Vision is cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good news and bad news on the solo front - Miles Morales: Spider-Man is out in December. But it's bad news for Viv... Vision is cancelled.

Considering it was Chelsea Cain whom is a.....questionable author and her intent was "Kill vision, make Viv new vision" which would presumably also mean taking her off Champions and putting her on an Avengers team I'd say its ok.

Actually, Champions has already set up Vision's death, so killing him and making Viv the new Vision may well still happen.

And no, she wouldn't be moving to the Avengers. Aaron could've used Vision if he wanted. If so, they probably would've just not had Hulk smash him, which is what caused Vision's demise (the repercussions are explained in Champions #22, but basically he's dying and not telling Viv).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Him dying is a dangling plot point that can be undone by anyone, it hasnt actually happened yet. In the mini it was a definite and whilst Vision isnt there now if you think Marvel wont hop on the synergy train next year for Avengers 4 then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Uh, did you see Avengers 3? He died! Killing him off is synergy!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Considering it was Chelsea Cain whom is a.....questionable author and her intent was "Kill vision, make Viv new vision" which would presumably also mean taking her off Champions and putting her on an Avengers team I'd say its ok.
    Chelsea Cain in an interview confirmed that the mini series would be set before Viv joined the Champions, so stop with the paranoid theory conspirancies. She had no plans of killing off Vision.

And he'll be back, theres still the Young Avengers set up they need and any other Avengers stuff. Only ones who will be dead are Heimdall, Loki, Cap (maybe) and Stark.

and what if he gets resurrected in Number 4?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    And he'll be back, theres still the Young Avengers set up they need and any other Avengers stuff. Only ones who will be dead are Heimdall, Loki, Cap (maybe) and Stark.
    Jonas? I don't think they'd even use him. Besides, that still requires the Vision we know to die!

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back though. I don't think they confirmed one way or another whether Shuri finished copying his mind.

Will #25 be a good jumping on point? I have an interest in most of these characters but haven't really been following this series because of funds. The DnD angle looks like a lot of fun so I'm thinking about picking it up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Will #25 be a good jumping on point? I have an interest in most of these characters but haven't really been following this series because of funds. The DnD angle looks like a lot of fun so I'm thinking about picking it up.
    It should be doable. Issue #19 would be the best, as that officially begins the current writer's run, however #25 should be serviceable. Just know that it will likely reference things that have been happening and building up in previous issues and the "Infinity Wars: Champions" mini-series tie-in, in case you end up wondering something like "when did that happen".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Well if the solicitation is anything to go by, you should be good to go

"OVERSIZED 25TH ISSUE! Celebrate 25 issues of CHAMPIONS with the start of a brand-new story and a perfect jumping-on point! Swords and sorcery beckon as our heroes travel to Weirdworld, a place where dreams can come true, but nightmares are never far away! A quest begins and sacrifices will be made..."