Page 204 of 218 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3266

BANNED

I'm so excited for the Champions Fresh Start. Really hoping to see Singularity, Gravity, Pei, Kid Kaiju, Cullen Bloodstone, Cammi, Scorpia & Ricochet. I wonder how much of a deep-diver Zub is. I can't wait to see which characters he brings into the fold.

Singularity won't be showing up - at least for a while.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1050067194040733707
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Singularity won't be showing up - at least for a while.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1050067194040733707
    Hopefully a later addition then

Solicits:

CHAMPIONS #1
    JIM ZUB (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A) • Cover by Kim Jacinto
    Variant Cover by Michael Cho
    Variant Cover by Lee Garbett
    MARVEL 80TH VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    Variant Cover by Skottie Young
    THE WORLD STILL NEEDS HEROES – AND THERE ARE HEROES ALL OVER THE WORLD!
    The Champions have gone global! The team has seen explosive growth under Ms. Marvel’s leadership, with super-powered members ready to answer the call in a dozen different countries. They’re saving people and improving lives across the planet while they inspire the next generation… but something sinister lurks beneath the surface of their expanded mission. It’s a dark secret that could destroy the team and everything they stand for!
    Jim Zub (AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER, UNCANNY AVENGERS) and Steven Cummings (Wayward, Legends of the Dark Knight) ignite a new era of CHAMPIONS, filled to the brim with action, adventure and drama in the Mighty Marvel Manner!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IRONHEART #3
    EVE L. EWING (W) • KEVIN LIBRANDA (A)
    Cover by AMY REEDER
    As Ironheart gets deeper into the search for a missing friend, she stumbles into something much bigger than a single kidnapping — and something much more dangerous. She may not know it yet, but she faces an ancient power, and it’s deadly.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP #4
    JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • Gurihiru (A)
    Cover by STACEY LEE
    • G.I.R.L. has just been handed its first major defeat by a new branch of A.I.M., which broke into the lab to steal research, inventions and ideas — and worse yet, left both Wasps and the young scientists in their care battered and bruised.
    • With the villains of A.I.M. on the loose, how can Nadia and her team even feel safe in their own lab?
    • Nadia is on the case with only one mission in mind: FIX EVERYTHING.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #2
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by MARCO D’ALFONSO
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCO D’ALFONSO
    • Miles is getting closer to solving the mystery of the thievery ring plaguing Brooklyn, but the Rhino has complicated matters quite a lot.
    • Rhino doesn’t usually have minions preferring to charge alone. What’s behind this change of methodology?
    • Plus, meet a new antagonist who may just become Miles’ most dangerous foe!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

No Ms. Marvel, due to G. Willow Wilson's recent illness.

An interesting trivia note in Life of Captain Marvel #4 - Carol's Kree name Car-Ell means Champion. That means Kamala accidentally named the team after her!

http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/179276...tops-ms-marvel
    Anonymous asked:
    In issue #22 of Champions Nova stops Ms. Marvel from revealing her identity to him but in All New All Different Avengers #10 he calls her "Kamala". Was this an error? Also do Sam and Miles know each others identity? I could never find that out.

That panel in All New, All Different Avengers #10 is a mistake. Sam and Miles shouldn’t know Kamala’s secret identity because she hasn’t revealed it to them.

Sometimes little continuity mistakes like this happen. It can be difficult when there are thousands of characters and hundreds of story lines to keep track of in the shared Marvel Universe.
    WHY hasn't she revealed it though? When her mother and friends were told, they already knew. The same would apply to Viv at least, who figured out Sam's identity by checking his communications records, and so could easily have exposed Kamala's and Miles's too. And Kamala's supposed to be the team leader... they trust her despite not knowing who she is?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-21-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/179276...tops-ms-marvel

WHY hasn't she revealed it though? When her mother and friends were told, they already knew. The same would apply to Viv at least, who figured out Sam's identity by checking his communications records, and so could easily have exposed Kamala's and Miles's too. And Kamala's supposed to be the team leader... they trust her despite not knowing who she is?
    Well, she recently got the courage to tell her best friends that she's Ms marvel and since she waited so long to tell them, it "kinda" makes sense that she wouldn't tell Miles & Nova.

My comic book reason for it- is simply her not finding the right moment to them tell or her chickening out.

I wouldn't be surprised if after they all come back from weirdworld, she tells them.

They probably sat down Viv and told her about superhero etiquette.

(This is kinda off topic but do you know if other writers are allowed to reveal another superheroes identity in another comic without some kind of permission or at least a heads up to the head-writer of the superhero?)

Kamala found out Sam's identity in ANAD Avengers despite Sam having a solo at the time.

To be fair Sam's shown to be pretty bad with keeping his identity a secret, I mean he flat out told CARNAGE who he was.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    To be fair Sam's shown to be pretty bad with keeping his identity a secret, I mean he flat out told CARNAGE who he was.
    I wouldn't say any of the Champions are all that good about keeping a secret identity to be honest (at least for the ones who actually have them to begin with).

The only ones who even do have a secret identity are the ex-ANAD Avengers trio, the team founders. And yeah, they're all bad at it. Nova slipped up with both Carnage and Kamala (Kamala said something like "so your name really IS Sam?" when Sam Wilson addressed him by that name). Sam also didn't hide his online activity, meaning Viv found out his name before he told the others upon his depowering (previously, of the team, only Miles and Kamala knew his name). Miles got told off by Kamala in Champions #24 because he had his mask off on a rooftop - Jessica Jones busted him as well. Kamala twice revealed herself to people only to find they'd already guessed.

Actually when you think about it besides Miles, Sam, and Kamala I guess none of the other members of the Champions really have a secret identity (though I suppose at this point Cho and Viv can't really do much about it). They have superhero names but they are pretty public in terms of being superheroes. Can't really speak to any of the new members coming in though, cause out of them I'm only really familiar with Powerman and I suppose Red Locust who appeared in this series.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-23-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean he had a concussion.