Page 208 of 218 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3266

Yeah. In the current Iron Man series, Jocasta has taken a surname. She was built by Ultron as a bride... but she's also his daughter, and thus, Hank's granddaughter, Vision's sister, and Nadia's niece. So she became Jocasta Pym.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I feel like they can make at least 2 super teams of 8 with the Pym family and their relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. In the current Iron Man series, Jocasta has taken a surname. She was built by Ultron as a bride... but she's also his daughter, and thus, Hank's granddaughter, Vision's sister, and Nadia's niece. So she became Jocasta Pym.
    I thought that was just because she married Ultron back in Mighty Avengers which was also written by Dan Slott.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

No. Jocasta had Tony give his AI Friday a physical body like hers - she became a synthezoid called Friday Stark, who is effectively Tony's daughter. Ultron himself never calls himself Pym, at least not before he merged with Hank. And Jocasta used a different surname, Vi Quitéria, in Avengers AI. She's definitely only taken on the Pym name as a way of showing humans and AI should be treated equally - in other words, she calls herself that to emphasize her relationship to Hank.

Champions #27 variant cover:

Seems to be homaging somebody's debut, but I don't know who.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-10.html
    Looks like that extra dollar cost Champions over 1000 orders, but Ms Marvel has improved slightly from last month and Wasp sold a lot more than the later issues of last volume (issue 8 didn't even sell 7000), but of course it's a number 1, so we'll have to see how far that drops. It'll be interesting to see how Miles's and Riri's relaunches do.

Viv and Riri showed up in Unstoppable Wasp #2, with the rest of the team explained as being at school - a goof on Whitley's part. No reason why Snowguard shouldn't have appeared too, as she and Viv go to the same one! And the excuse doesn't work for Amadeus either.

Champions #27 variant cover:

Seems to be homaging somebody's debut, but I don't know who.
    It's based off the most popular Mar-Vell cover. Or second most, considering Death of CM.

2840967-captainmarvel029.jpg (99.2 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images

After reading the first issue of Uncanny X-men, I really hope that Zub can take as much Academy X characters as he can, it's so obvious how shitty the X-office are with the characters and how obnoxious the editors are with them (f@# Jordan White).

It will be interesting to see which mutant that Zub uses, especially cause that would mean they evaded the mutant rapture and may not be in Age of X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It will be interesting to see which mutant that Zub uses, especially cause that would mean they evaded the mutant rapture and may not be in Age of X-Man.
    I really hope that more than one will appear in Champions away from the terrible x-editors.

Champions-adjacent news:

Finesse, from Avengers Academy, will be stopping by Unstoppable Wasp!
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1064579310445568001

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really hope that more than one will appear in Champions away from the terrible x-editors.
    Since Zub does recognize Academy X as a wholly separate group from the X-Men, there's a major chance we will see a bunch of them with the other Marvel teens during War of the Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Champions-adjacent news:

Finesse, from Avengers Academy, will be stopping by Unstoppable Wasp!
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1064579310445568001

Since Zub does recognize Academy X as a wholly separate group from the X-Men, there's a major chance we will see a bunch of them with the other Marvel teens during War of the Realms.
    I knew it!!!!!!
    I knew it was Finesse!!!!

And Hazmat's in Captain Marvel. Reptil or Striker both cameoed in Iron Man 600. All four are viable candidates for either Champions or Young Avengers. The remaining two Academy originals will probably never appear again, as one was killed and the other depowered.

And Hazmat's in Captain Marvel. Reptil or Striker both cameoed in Iron Man 600. All four are viable candidates for either Champions or Young Avengers. The remaining two Academy originals will probably never appear again, as one was killed and the other depowered.
    I really loved Avengers Academy, so I hope to see more of them in the future

Here's the solicit for Champions #2

CHAMPIONS #2
    JIM ZUB (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    CAPTAIN MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY PEPE LARRAZ
    • When the dream is at stake, everything you believe in and have fought dearly for, what would you be willing to sacrifice to keep it alive?
    • One of the Champions has made a choice that will haunt them for the rest of their days… And now the villain behind that decision has everything they need to shatter the next generation of heroes.
    • Jim Zub (AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER, UNCANNY AVENGERS) and Steven Cummings (Wayward, Legends of the Dark Knight) take the Champions into uncharted territory, and the team will never be the same.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 11-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.