Page 126 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3266

Riri and Nadia joining doesn't surprise me, as they're almost certainly gone from Iron Man and Avengers when those books change creative teams. Cyclops will presumably be written out in #18. That issue will probably also confirm that the two new team members are around long term (though Nadia requires a timeskip at some point during Champion For a Day, as she can't join officially before No Surrender), while dismissing Red Locust, Falcon, and Patriot. This news also means that Amadeus will probably lose his solo book to Bruce, but not be depowered. I assume Planet Hulk II and World War Hulk II (his current and next solo arcs) take place between #18 and #19.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really liked their work in Uncanny Avengers and the few issues they cooperated in Thunderbolts. These are great news I really dig Viv's design. Although I'm not sure about both Nadia and Riri's pressence in the team, as there are already a good amount of smart characters (Amadeus, Viv, Miles and Kamala more or less)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It really looks like this book will be in good hands, no more continuity issues.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/955509895121563650
    "If there are changes coming to any of the cast, I'll absolutely be coordinating that with the solo series writers and editors to make sure it's properly reflected in the team book."

Makes sense as Zub always gave off that vibe of someone who checks in with a respective character’s main writer before doing anything major, it’ll be interesting if he plays with randomly dropped plot threads like Miles/Kamala’s relationship that both Bendis and Willow have checked out on since Zub mentioned teen angst/romance

I like this a lot. Maaaaaybe Janet can be in the main avengers team again after 15 years or so

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I like this a lot. Maaaaaybe Janet can be in the main avengers team again after 15 years or so
    God, I would love that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Would make sense for Janet to be in the main Avengers again, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really liked their work in Uncanny Avengers and the few issues they cooperated in Thunderbolts. These are great news I really dig Viv's design. Although I'm not sure about both Nadia and Riri's pressence in the team, as there are already a good amount of smart characters (Amadeus, Viv, Miles and Kamala more or less)
    They do all have different specialties. Riri is a robotics engineer. Nadia is about physics and of course the Pym Particle tech. Miles is clever, but isn't a super-genius like those two or Moon Girl. He's actually bad at chemistry: it was Ganke who made his web fluid until he developed his organic webs recently. Kamala has proven to have leadership skills on par with Cyclops (it's why he ceded to her when they were deciding on a team leader, they were having the same ideas anyway), and is knowledgeable about the superhero community. Like Miles though, she's just clever, not a genius. Viv's specialty is electronics, but her main role is that she's a walking Internet connection. The main point of interest for her now of course, is how will she have been affected by Worlds Collide and the second Viv. Amadeus's specialty is genetics and radiation, which is how he got his powers. And Sam's is space.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

No Jolt

But I am interested to see how this book fares with a different creative team. Waid seemed like his heart wasn’t in this book, and I don’t think Ramos’ art was the best fit for these specific characters.

Too many girls already. We're going from a 4-2 male-female split to a 3-4 split (one boy out two girls in). Another girl would make it 3-5.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Too many girls already. We're going from a 4-2 male-female split to a 3-4 split (one boy out two girls in). Another girl would make it 3-5.
    Is this real life.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Is this real life.
    Is this just fantasy?

Cool that they're shifting the split that way, though.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Well here's hoping Jim Zub has a new direction for the team & will actually get me to like this team instead of hoping everyone but Sam & Kamala die in a car fire or another trip to Murderworld....

Kinda peeved that Viv is just gonna head right back to her Synthezoid form.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Kinda peeved that Viv is just gonna head right back to her Synthezoid form.
    Maybe it'll be sort of like Iron Man/Bleeding Edge's deal where she can assume a human or robotic form as necessary.

BANNED

Yesssss. Pleased that Zub is taking over Champions. It has a lot of potential and I’m interested in what he’ll do for all characters involved. And I’m really happy with his roster choices.

Spectacular Member

The whole point of Viv is as a contrast to all of her other family in that she’s fine with not being human, and even the good version of her openly calls humanity lesser and devolved. She’s also useless without powers in the long-term (all she’d be if developed as human is another tech genius maybe with armour, and we’ve even got Riri now), so I’m glad we get the status quo. It does sort of make the end of the crossover seem pointless though - unless they emphasise her trauma about remembering her own death, maybe.