Page 112 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3266
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, but Nadia, another new name who should be up there (along with Ironheart) corrected him saying "eighth". That list is why Nadia's G.I.R.L exists. Because there were no girls on there and she wanted to prove girls could match the boys. Even Kamala called Amadeus out on it when asking for ideas!
    Insinuating that Ms.3rd-mistake-in-Pym's-life & her worthless no-name cannonfodder are some smart enough to fill the slots & are on par with T'challa or even Doom? Yeah no cold day in hell I'll ever accept that.

Eh, Doom and Panther would be pretty high up, the teen girls would be in the 6th and 7th slots, just above Ammy. And of course, they should all get pushed down when Reed and Bruce are back from the "dead" (Reed is legally dead, but is really still alive).

I wonder how Cho would react to that? Hulk smash?

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    because bendis was the reason the 05 are in 616 if bendis is gone that means marvel might try to undo some of the things he has done... meaning cyclops can be send back and off the team for good
    Noooooooo! This has been the first characterization of Cyclops I've ever liked! I hated that character through the 90's and then a younger version of him joins this team and he's actually decent. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...ps-cuts-loose/

spoilers:
    So High Evolutionary really didn't evolve Viv at all. I guess it's a good thing that now she has to face her feelings over her brother and mother's deaths, but her losing her powers just for that is pretty lame. I still doubt that she's gonna die, but now it feels like she gonna be written out for a while.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I still think she's going to die, but damn did this issue hurt.

Also, I really liked how Cyclops is treated in this series. It would be so easy to make a ton of drama around him, yet he's just treated as another member of the team and that's awesome.

Spectacular Member

With how obviously they’ve signposted Viv’s death, I wonder if they’ll actually do a fakeout - I just can’t believe they’d be that cliche and still treat the crossover like there’s any suspense over the ending.

We know she’s fully lost her powers, but maybe she can be mission control for a few arcs while she sorts out her emotions?

Hoping this is the case. If they want to write her out or demote her to secondary character status and be less active, then that's fine. But just killing her off just seems like the cheap and lazy way out.

One thing's certain. She'll have to be replaced. Nadia looks like an eventual drop in, she said she's no Viv was still able to do calculations... and the way she hugged Nova!

ANAD Avengers (including Kamala, Sam, Miles and Nadia) on a GOTG variant:

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One thing's certain. She'll have to be replaced. Nadia looks like an eventual drop in, she said she's no Viv was still able to do calculations... and the way she hugged Nova!

ANAD Avengers (including Kamala, Sam, Miles and Nadia) on a GOTG variant:
    I mean, technically that's the entire ANAD roster prior to the split after Civil War II. If anyone is replacing Viv, it's definitely going to wind up being that Red Locust character that Waid created.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Red Locust is definitely going to come in, yeah. Doesn't mean she'd be the only one though. Nadia probably won't be available until May, and remember, she's also a Waid creation. If she leaves the Avengers after No Surrender, she'll be a Champion. We may be losing Hulk (because Banner is coming back) and Cyclops (because X-Men Blue is changing it's roster, which may mean bye bye O5), which will free up more spots on the team.

And actually, Nadia shouldn't really be on that GOTG cover. She appeared in ANAD Avengers but actually joined the team officially between Hercules and Spider-Man in current series issue 1. She wasn't in Kamala's last fight as an Avenger (in Champions #1), nor the fight where Hercules was recruited.

What kind of evolution is that, High Evolutionary?

Yeah, it's one thing making Viv human, but he depowered her in doing so. If she survives, she'll need MGH derived from Kitty Pryde's blood to at least get part of her powers (phasing) back. If HE is so clever, why couldn't he have engineered an X gene that would specifically give her Kitty's and Prodigy's powers (Prodigy's would've allowed her to keep her tech knowledge)?

I hope the changes to Viv are reverted. I wasn't a fan of making her human when I thought she was keeping her powers, I'm even less a fan now.
    Seems like a way to retire her from superheroing.

As for who might join in her place, I think both Nadia and Red Locust are likely.
    I also hope Cyke leaves. Not because I don't like how he's written here, but because the O5's presence in the present has really hurt the X-men line. I think it's about time they return.

Forgot to post this here but Moon Girl was talking about how there is a teenage superhero forum that everyone used to talk to each other .... Miles And nova was listed... also Nadia was in there to... so maybe the champions can start getting people off the forum if people start to leave

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope the changes to Viv are reverted. I wasn't a fan of making her human when I thought she was keeping her powers, I'm even less a fan now.
    Seems like a way to retire her from superheroing.

As for who might join in her place, I think both Nadia and Red Locust are likely.
    I also hope Cyke leaves. Not because I don't like how he's written here, but because the O5's presence in the present has really hurt the X-men line. I think it's about time they return.
    There's nowhere for them to go back to. If they actually went back, they'd damage the timeline even more. There's currently identical dupes of them that never traveled to the present, those dupes (and their future selves) would be affected if the current O5 went back and revealed who they are. I think they'll eventually be merged to the adults, sacrifice themselves, become villains, or simply be written out.

I like the idea of a New XMEN joining the team though...