Page 93 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Actually the new one I saw was that they're relaunching Ultimates for all the legacy characters as an imprint.

So Miles becomes Ultimate Spider-Man again, Riri becomes Ultimate Ironheart and all that, and the Champions become the Ultimates, led by America Chavez with Riri and Nadia (and maybe Patriot) but minus for some reason Viv. Hence why I'm worried about the crossover, because she might die at the end of it.

The only way I'd accept her not being part of the team is if she gets out of the hero game entirely to become a civilian who occasionally appears (maybe as a form of Mission Control?) in whatever Avengers title Vision ends up in - the rumours suggested a more classic book written by Aaron.
    Message me a link to it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    this is a recent rumor...saying marvel wants to push America as the lead Female over marvel because the push for carol is not working
    But with a bad solo, Captain Marvel's problem came a bad event, where her character was damaged by not her solo writer.

Actually the new one I saw was that they're relaunching Ultimates for all the legacy characters as an imprint.

So Miles becomes Ultimate Spider-Man again, Riri becomes Ultimate Ironheart and all that, and the Champions become the Ultimates, led by America Chavez with Riri and Nadia (and maybe Patriot) but minus for some reason Viv. Hence why I'm worried about the crossover, because she might die at the end of it.

The only way I'd accept her not being part of the team is if she gets out of the hero game entirely to become a civilian who occasionally appears (maybe as a form of Mission Control?) in whatever Avengers title Vision ends up in - the rumours suggested a more classic book written by Aaron.
    Marvel going out of their way to revive the Champions with all the legal issues involved, only to just attempt to make the Ultimates a thing again? That'd be pretty lame, if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But with a bad solo, Captain Marvel's problem came a bad event, where her character was damaged by not her solo writer.
    well we find out if any of these rumors are true in the coming months we just have to wait

Astonishing Member

I am wondering with Hulk going to planet of the Hulk, how this will affect the Champions as he was the main source if not only for funding, like I get they can still do stuff but does anyone think this maybe addressed in comic.

this is a recent rumor...saying marvel wants to push America as the lead Female over marvel because the push for carol is not working
    Pushing a queer woman of colour as their lead female? Ha! Not a frigging chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Pushing a queer woman of colour as their lead female? Ha! Not a frigging chance.
    Pushing Carol is not working so they going to have to go into a different direction soon.. but all this are just rumors until its proven otherwise we will see what marvel has plan after legacy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well if Carol's not working, I can see why they might try. Marvel don't have a Wonder Woman to market for a lead female, and if they can't use Carol, and Black Widow's already had her push, and they can't use any X-Men or Sue, then America could be marketable - hence why they gave her a solo in the first place, even if it hasn't been reviewed well.

On that whole list of rumours that include moving all the legacy heroes to functionally a separate universe (or rather a different branding where none of the adults ever show up) and getting rid of just Viv - the sole confirmed LGBT one - out of all the Champions, it's not the worst idea.
    Last edited by FantasticVision; 07-10-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Pushing Carol is not working so they going to have to go into a different direction soon.. but all this are just rumors until its proven otherwise we will see what marvel has plan after legacy
    I doubt they'll give up on Carol that easily especially with all the work and dedication and commitment marvel and it's writers has put in pushing Carol Danvers as captain marvel not to mention the fact that her film will be quite important and big for marvel when it realizes in 2019 with it being their first female superhero movie, with all that said there's no doubt that Carol as captain marvel struggles to sell month to month and there's quite a major majority of readers and fans who claim to hate her character and I must say in many ways It's honestly brave on marvel's part in how they're still committed and dedicated they are in pushing Carol Danvers as captain marvel and how much faith they have in it all of it despite the hate they get for it.

Well if Carol's not working, I can see why they might try. Marvel don't have a Wonder Woman to market for a lead female, and if they can't use Carol, and Black Widow's already had her push, and they can't use any X-Men or Sue, then America could be marketable - hence why they gave her a solo in the first place, even if it hasn't been reviewed well.
    I'm sure Marvel would be quite happy finding another straight white gal to push as their lead female. A queer woman of colour? They don't have nearly the courage for that. For all the talk of Marvel's "SJW agenda," they're not really that progressive, and most of their progressivism is still mostly lip service.

So, yeah, no way would Marvel actually push America as their lead female character.

Astonishing Member

This whole Miss. America being on the Champions feels like a bad idea, cause I am betting that it will just become YA vol 2 (Please note I absolutely hate YA Vol 2) it won't feel like what Champions meant to be, Young Avengers was to show there are still Avengers out there, Champions is to show the world there are other heroes out there. It doesn't help with the fact that America wants to shoot more to the stars while the Champions want to deal with problems closer to home. Her being the leader would be even a worse decision "Hey lets just kick out one of the original 6 to let this character take the lead". Also that whole Champions becoming Ultimates, ya no just no a big thing for them is "Go for CHAMPIONS" you don't make a battle cry and change your team (Plus the legal taking)

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    This whole Miss. America being on the Champions feels like a bad idea, cause I am betting that it will just become YA vol 2 (Please note I absolutely hate YA Vol 2) it won't feel like what Champions meant to be, Young Avengers was to show there are still Avengers out there, Champions is to show the world there are other heroes out there. It doesn't help with the fact that America wants to shoot more to the stars while the Champions want to deal with problems closer to home. Her being the leader would be even a worse decision "Hey lets just kick out one of the original 6 to let this character take the lead". Also that whole Champions becoming Ultimates, ya no just no a big thing for them is "Go for CHAMPIONS" you don't make a battle cry and change your team (Plus the legal taking)
    ok so here is the info i got from the rumor take it with a grain of salt none of this is confirmed until we see what marvel has after legacy

spoilers:
    They’re bringing back the Ultimate line for the teen heroes. Miles will become Ultimate Spider-Man again. Riri becomes Ultimate Iron Man. X-Men Blue becomes Ultimate X-Men. Champions becomes the Ultimates. The only “adult” character that will be a regular presence is Captain Marvel because they want her to be seen a prominent character to the overarching power structure of the WSC/SHIELD and other elements that will factor into her movie heavily. They’ll still make guest appearances in the “main” books but don’t expect them to anchor anymore franchises. Bendis staying on Miles and Riri. Hopeless is still on Ult X. New Ultimates writer is Amy Reeder
    end of spoilers

and Redder recently had a tweet saying her fav spider-man is Miles

Extra stuff spoilers:
    the new ultimates lineup is Miles, Kamala, Riri, Cho Hulk, and new Wasp led by America
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by PSJ; 07-10-2017 at 04:34 PM.

I haven't read America's book nor know or care about any controversy that comes with it, so I guess I'm OK with whatever they plan to do as long as Ms. Marvel remains and done well.

My only disappointment would be the splitting up of the Miles/Kamala/Sam trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I haven't read America's book nor know or care about any controversy that comes with it, so I guess I'm OK with whatever they plan to do as long as Ms. Marvel remains and done well.

My only disappointment would be the splitting up of the Miles/Kamala/Sam trio.
    if any of these rumors are true at least Miles and Kamala will still be on the same team.

4c rumors don't have any weight to them most of the time anyways.