Page 202 of 218 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    A couple of international teens i hope to see make it into the Champions

Prodigy http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/prodigyaf.htm
    Turbine http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/turbinespdm.htm
    Joline could actually be very interesting since there's very few characters that aren't able-bodied. It could make for some interesting dynamics. And there can never be enough redheads. However, she's appeared in one issue so I'm not sure most people even remember her.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Joline could actually be very interesting since there's very few characters that aren't able-bodied. It could make for some interesting dynamics. And there can never be enough redheads. However, she's appeared in one issue so I'm not sure most people even remember her.
    Doubt anyone remembers either but he did ask for obscure one as well.

I LOVE that the team is going to be more international. Marvel really need to get better at exploring things outside NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I LOVE that the team is going to be more international. Marvel really need to get better at exploring things outside NYC.
    This expansion approach that Kamala & Co are taking is everything I hoped would happen at the end of Gillen's Young Avengers, after they social networked a defense against the multiverse invasion. I'm really excited to see whats in store.

Anyone familiar with the artist announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Anyone familiar with the artist announced?
    Steven Cummings a long time creative partner of Zub's and they both co-created the independent Image comic "Wayward" in which Cummings did the art for the entire 30 issue run.

And from what I've seen in Wayward, and his twitter account (ステスケ (@Stekichikun) | Twitter "he lives in Japan"), Champions is once again in good hands.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 10-09-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Here's some info on the relaunch straight from Zub's website
    Why a new issue #1?

The response to my Champions stories have been great so far and many of the single issues have gone into second printings, but in the current retail climate the simple truth is that readers look to issue #1’s as a clear jumping on point for stories and characters. When new Marvel Editor-In-Chief CB Cebulski came on board I was already announced as the writer of Champions with issue #19 and so, as other Marvel series have been getting Fresh Start issue #1’s to mark important story changes and signal to readers and retailers that they have big plans, it was decided that Champions should get the same treatment in the new year. Marvel is really happy with what I’ve been doing and they want to make sure more people know about it and get on board.

In order to make sure we were worthy of that new issue #1, we’re swinging for the fences with wild ideas and a big dramatic story to open things up in 2019. Bringing on Steven and Tamra, my phenomenal Wayward art team, gives me the confidence that we can really go for broke with action and drama in the Mighty Marvel Manner.

What kind of big ideas?

Ms. Marvel is now the formal leader of the Champions and she’s decided that the team needs to make their mission bigger than ever. She believes that since young people will inherit the world some day, they need to step up and make it a better place. Dozens of teen heroes around the globe have answered her call and the Champions are becoming a movement like no other.

How many heroes are we talking about?

On our first cover there are 11 characters, and inside that first issue there are 3 more who join them. That means there are 14 heroes so far and more will appear in future issues. There are five heroes at the center of the Champions story – Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, Amadeus Cho, Sam Alexander, and Viv Vision – with many others contributing depending on where in the world (or across the universe) they find themselves. There are a lot of popular and obscure teen heroes in the Marvel Universe who haven’t had a ‘home’ in quite some time and I hope Champions will be able to spotlight some of them as our story grows.

You mentioned big drama…

Yeah. With a team this big, the Champions have gained the attention of some A-list evil in the Marvel Universe as well, a major villain who wants to stop their movement before it starts. This villain’s plans lay the groundwork for our first arc, a twisted tale of dark secrets and betrayal that could destroy the very future Kamala is working to protect. This first arc will have major repercussions on the team and will change some of them forever.

At the same time, there’s unrequited love brewing among team members, friendships being broken, and new egos to contend with. More heroes means the Champions can tackle huge threats, but it brings a ton of other unexpected problems. Ms. Marvel and her friends will be tested like never before.

As we get closer to the January launch, I’ll be showing preview pages and teasing story revelations. Keep an eye out because in 2019 the Champions go BIG and I can’t wait for you to read it!
    So 14 heroes so far with more on the way with the original five at the center of it all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

So 14 heroes so far with more on the way with the original five at the center of it all.

and yet they keep forgetting that in the current climate it often means a great jumping off point.
    remember all those x-series that never regained their momentum?

The more details he reveals the more excited I become. SO MUCH to look forward to!
    And their inclusion with War of the Realms is exciting too. Is Dauterman on art duty for that event? I love him so much and it would be so terrific to see his take on Kamala & Co.

I'm a bit disappointed that Miles and Kamala are still the main characters.
    With so many members, I'd rather see the focus on Amka or Victor or others who don't have their own ongoing.

Still, I'm getting JLU vibes from this. With so many teen heroes in limbo, it's a good setting to give an update on everybody's favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm getting JLU vibes from this. With so many teen heroes in limbo, it's a good setting to give an update on everybody's favorite characters.
    I was getting the exact same feeling. It's like I'm imagining the intro to the old JLU cartoon in my head and seeing Kamala, Miles, and Sam in place of DC's holy trinity then you span out to see just one long line up made of as many Marvel teen heroes you could think of.

So who do you think is going to act as Kamala's "lancer" on the team?

Seems we know 13 of the 14 heroes appearing in #1

Cover
    Sam Alexander
    Brawn
    Ironheart
    Ms. Marvel
    Patriot
    Power Man
    Red Locust
    Snowguard
    Spider-Man
    Viv Vision
    Wasp

Confirmed
    Bombshell
    Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Seems we know 13 of the 14 heroes appearing in #1

Cover
    Sam Alexander
    Brawn
    Ironheart
    Ms. Marvel
    Patriot
    Power Man
    Red Locust
    Snowguard
    Spider-Man
    Viv Vision
    Wasp

Confirmed
    Bombshell
    Falcon
    I think that Zub confirmed that the 14 hero would be teen hero from the India (I'm not sure if it will be a new hero, or an already existing character...I think it's a new one)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that Zub confirmed that the 14 hero would be teen hero from the India (I'm not sure if it will be a new hero, or an already existing character...I think it's a new one)
    Seem to recall that to now that you mentioned it. I also think it was stated the hero would be new.

I assume the events of issue 24 are why Goldballs isn't included.

So, first arc is Kamala takes the team international - the bunker will be replaced by a bigger HQ. Second arc is War of the Realms.

Anonymous asked:
    Will some news characters, from your creation, appear from 2019 (hroes or villain) ?

YES!

There will be new teen heroes appearing in the CHAMPIONS relaunch, including a new East Indian hero in issue #1, and new villains in the AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME weekly story. I’m always excited about building new parts of the Marvel Universe!

Anonymous asked:
    Can you tease us what kind of people will join the Champions ? Mutants ? Inhumans ? Mystics ? Aliens ?

Eventually, I think I’ll be able to say ‘yes’ to all of those categories.

Anonymous asked:
    Will the Champions be in War of the Realms ?

YES! Champions have a cool spot in War of the Realms! You know I couldn’t stay away from a sword & sorcery-style event like this. I had to throw in my hat and bring our global team of teens into the mix.

magnificientgreatshadow asked:
    So with an 11 member roster will Nadia give The Bunker a TARDIS upgrade like Infinite Avengers Mansion?

The Champions Bunker is far too small for all these new heroes joining the team, as you’ll see in Champions #1 (2019).

Anonymous asked:
    In Champions 25 you used the Siege Perilous but screwed it up and called it the Siege Parallel. It's a real thing from history and was used in X-Men. Don't you have editors over there?

Maybe, just maybe, it was intentional?

Oh wait, there is no subtlety on the internet. If I’m not 100% clear then you’ll assume the worst interpretation, screenshot it and claim I’m an idiot.

It was intentional.

I’m well aware of both the Arthurian concept of the Siege Perilous and the Captain Britain/X-Men object called the Siege Perilous. That’s why I asked artist Sean Izaakse to design our Parallel to look similar, but different.

Here’s the panel description from the Champions #25 script:

“Panel 5: Amka is holding an object that looks like the Siege Perilous (from Uncanny X-Men stories, I’ll send ref), but the design here is different. This one is diamond shaped, with a gold frame covered in small whirling patterns.“

Marvel’s mythic stuff is different from our own. I mean, just look at how far afield the Marvel version of Asgard is from history. It’s fun to make new stuff in the Marvel Universe and build on what’s come before.

The Siege Perilous Chris Claremont came up with is nothing like the original Arthurian concept, so I’ve extrapolated that there are other “Sieges” out there and Sila could access it and give it to Snowguard to help them on their quest.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman