Page 124 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    You've never learned quadratic equations?
    I have. That's exactly why I'm not seeing any error there.

I am genuinely asking you point that out to me. I'm not trying to be a smartass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I have. That's exactly why I'm not seeing any error there.

I am genuinely asking you point that out to me. I'm not trying to be a smartass.
    Where did the 15 (-1) come from?

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    Where did the 15 (-1) come from?
    Because "i" is imaginary number. It's the square root of (-1), hence, i^2=-1. Some use "j" instead of "i", but it's the same thing. These are called complex numbers(a+bi).

It's still super dumb way to talk. And that equation wasn't complex(pun totally intended). And they're solving it like a fifth grader would.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 01-18-2018 at 01:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Because "i" is imaginary number. It's the root of (-1), hence, i^2=-1. Some use "j" instead of "i", but it's the same thing. These are called complex numbers(a+bi).

It's still super dumb way to talk. And that equation wasn't complex(pun totally intended). And they're solving it like a fifth grader would.
    Yes, you put it better in that they are dealing with the imaginary number square root of (-1) but solving it like a 5th grader would.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    how do we know any of this?
    From yesterday's issue.

And the last point I said "possible".

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Waid took his toy with him?
    Cyclops? I said it as a maybe but I'm hoping so.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Not a fan of our new Champions. We're potentially losing half the team and I'm not at all impressed by our replacements. I really don't like Joaquin or Red Locust. If I had to add anyone, Ironheart and Wasp (Nadia Pym) are acceptable options. Patriot still bothers me because he's taken up the mantle of Young Avengers founding member Elijah Bradley. Almost forgot Moon Girl, who I guess is okay? I don't really like her in a team dynamic though- Secret Warriors made a point of her continuosly making everyone else seem dumb.

I do wish that characters like White Tiger, Robbie Reyes, Hazmat, Cloud 9, Thunderstrike etc. could get some time to shine- though I'm fairly certain they're all slightly older?
    If only Christos Gage took,over the book and was allowed to put in his AvAc kids. Sneak in White Tiger and Butterball. Bring Mettle, Juston, and Reptil (?) back to life. Have Hazmat and Ms Marvel fight over leadership because their personalities would clash SO HARD. Damn, now that I'm making up all these possible story directions, I'm only gonna end up disappointed.
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-18-2018 at 03:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It's been mentioned before, but Elijah Bradley is off the shelf as far as usable characters go (along with all the other Bradleys). To that end, no reason to feel uncomfortable or hate on Shaun for making use of an identity that was never getting used again in the first place.
    I remember. It still sucks. I just tire of replacement heroes taking up identities of other heroes. I don't mind Shaun, but I miss Eli that's all. My post was more about the selection of characters overall for the Champions. I think there are more interesting candidates.

Spectacular Member

I’d be fine with a roster change but I hope Viv gets to go somewhere that isn’t limbo in that case because her story was easily the best part of the recent issue. Cyclops can go, though. I also don’t think this team needs to be huge, either.

I’m also not happy about Viv 2.0 as a possible villain - maybe she’s just affected by that virus? - but I think the way they set it up with her unhealthy obsession with her dad and her superior attitude towards humanity was very Ultron. She’s also a lot more like Virginia this time around, so it’s 50/50 on her strategy for ‘pleasing’ Vision by giving him one daughter being murder of human Viv or suicide.

I really hope they just embrace the status quo and merge them like would obviously be the better option than both of them pointlessly dead - maybe Viv 2.0 sacrifices herself?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Patriot still bothers me because he's taken up the mantle of Young Avengers founding member Elijah Bradley.
    Yeah can we stop pretending Elijah was the only character in Marvel to use that name? Jeffrey Mace beat him by roughly 60 years using that name & quite frankly I don't care how much of a "fan-darling" Elijah is to make the argument of popularity. Patriot's not an exclusive name to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So......spoilers:

-Four new members
    -Viv 2.0 becoming a possible villain (ugh such a wasted opportunity)
    -Creative Team changeup in a couple of issues
    -Possible team shakeup as Cyclops, Hulk, and Viv might be leaving
    end of spoilers

Champions are in for a hell of a few months.
    I'm actually annoyed right now, because I was expecting the April solicits two days ago. It's been four weeks since we got the March solicits (I guess Christmas messed me up, and March's were actually a week early). When we do get that solicit (which will definitely be next Tuesday if they don't reveal it in advance), we'll get some clarity over both the creative team and the roster going forward.

Also, if synthezoid Viv doesn't stay on the team, Avengers: No Surrender #675 has a continuity error, as she was with Cho, Nova, and Cyclops when they got frozen (Champions #16 is definitely before No Surrender, since it takes place immediately after Worlds Collide). Any new members can be assumed to have been iced off-panel. #676 confirmed Kamala was frozen as well, which makes me wonder if her current solo arc takes place during No Surrender. If not, that'll be twice she's vanished in a short space of time!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-18-2018 at 06:00 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was looking for this thread yesterday. Whew.

A little worried that Viv 2 is either going to go Virginia on us, or maybe Viv 2 and Viv 1 will be refused pretty soon to restore the character to normalcy. I can -almost- see the comic putting the new Viv as a villain that only the old Viv can figure out how to beat and therefore overcome her "weak humanity," but with people like Riri and Cho already on the team (and Vision so heavily invested) it would seem a little bleh to go down that route. It would be much better, for me at least, to see the two Viv's refused and have a new outlook on life and humanity from a very unique perspective.

I don't mind the new additions though I assume not all of them are sticking around. Or at least it'll be like a rotating roster of who's needed/local at the time.

I really like this issue. Vision struggling with being human, and the shortcomings of the human condition, is some powerful stuff. Curious to see how Vision sneezing pans out...Miles calling Patriot and New Falcon "Ratchet and Clank" made me laugh. Of the potential recruits, I'd like Ironheart the most. I'm not familiar with her character but she'd be a bigger "get" IMO due to star power. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Junkie View Post
    I really like this issue. Vision struggling with being human, and the shortcomings of the human condition, is some powerful stuff. Curious to see how Vision sneezing pans out...Miles calling Patriot and New Falcon "Ratchet and Clank" made me laugh. Of the potential recruits, I'd like Ironheart the most. I'm not familiar with her character but she'd be a bigger "get" IMO due to star power. Just my two cents.
    I enjoyed that too, I had so much fun with that series. And I agree with you about Ironherat, I feel she'd be the best addition.

Go read Bendis's Invincible Iron Man. She debuted in the ANAD run and is the star of the Marvel NOW! one (which merged with Doctor Doom's Infamous Iron Man for Legacy, so they're co-stars there).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Go read Bendis's Invincible Iron Man. She debuted in the ANAD run and is the star of the Marvel NOW! one (which merged with Doctor Doom's Infamous Iron Man for Legacy, so they're co-stars there).
    I had been reading Bendis' IIM until Tony left so I'll have to go back and read through the stuff with Ironheart. I want to catch up because I'm interested in "The Search for Tony Stark" storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    If only Christos Gage took, over the book and was allowed to put in his AvAc kids. Sneak in White Tiger and Butterball. Bring Mettle, Juston, and Reptil (?) back to life. Have Hazmat and Ms. Marvel fight over leadership because their personalities would clash SO HARD. Damn, now that I'm making up all these possible story directions, I'm only gonna end up disappointed.
    The premise of the Champions is great, and I really do like most of the founding members. Amadeus bothers me b/c he's incredibly arrogant, or as he would put it, 'totally awesome'- but he fits. And I really do think it's the perfect place to make use of Riri & Nadia who don't have a solo title. Patriot is so new that it's hard to be attached. I do wish that Robbie Reyes had found a home with this team- he certainly fits the theme of Legacy heroes, he isn't being used elsewhere and he kinda has history with Kamala.

White Tiger, Hazmat and Reptil (assuming he's alive) would be cool additions. Unfortunately, I suspect they're doomed to linger in writers limbo.

I'm still attached to the idea of a Young Avengers rehaul. It'd be a nice contrast to the Champions. And then we can eventually have interactions between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Yeah can we stop pretending Elijah was the only character in Marvel to use that name? Jeffrey Mace beat him by roughly 60 years using that name & quite frankly I don't care how much of a "fan-darling" Elijah is to make the argument of popularity. Patriot's not an exclusive name to anyone.
    I'm not saying he was. I just really loved the YA and I'm attached to most of the involved characters. If you read my last post, it's less about having problems with Shaun and more to do with missing Eli..