Page 171 of 218 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3266
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Probably coming from a heart-to-heart from Miles' near-death-experience from the last arc of his series.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Which makes me wonder if that means something will happen involving the Novas. Certainly sounds like there's something he didn't want to spoil. Gotta read between the lines!
    Should be fun! So long as we don't read too hard and start seeing white.

I do hope this means we're getting a Nova book back with Sam and Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Probably coming from a heart-to-heart from Miles' near-death-experience from the last arc of his series.
    Makes sense. It'll mirror how Kamala and Sam shared that close moment not too long ago when Sam was super out of it for being the one without any powers.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-16-2018 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    So can we talk about the tease zub just put on his tumblr of miles and kamala.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/176996...ns-i-was#notes
    Truly one of the best things about Champions, and by extension "All-new All-Different Avengers", is the relationship dynamic between Marvel's young trinity of, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, and Nova. Having those three together in anything is an instant buy for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Truly one of the best things about Champions, and by extension "All-new All-Different Avengers", is the relationship dynamic between Marvel's young trinity of, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, and Nova. Having those three together in anything is an instant buy for me.
    They really are a gem of a trio, aren't they.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    They really are a gem of a trio, aren't they.
    Which is exactly why if Marvel does make a comic series called "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" then it had better be about these three.

Also, Newsarama posted an article that Champions #24, which is centered on Miles, will deal with school gun violence and shootings. They also revealed the actual cover for the issue.

CHAMPIONS #24 to Deal with Gun Violence in Schools, Centered on MILES MORALES

Are we meant to know those floating heads? I recognise nine:

Row 1: Nobody
    Row 2: Nova and Wasp
    Row 3: Snowguard
    Row 4: Nobody
    Row 5: Ms Marvel
    Row 6: Brawn and Moon Girl
    Row 7: Ironheart and Ganke
    Row 8: Viv Vision
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Which is exactly why if Marvel does make a comic series called "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" then it had better be about these three.

Also, Newsarama posted an article that Champions #24, which is centered on Miles, will deal with school gun violence and shootings. They also revealed the actual cover for the issue.

That would definitely be cool!

Also, this issue seems to be tieing in nicely to the Champions' walk of life.

Are we meant to know those floating heads? I recognise nine:

Row 1: Nobody
    Row 2: Nova and Wasp
    Row 3: Snowguard
    Row 4: Nobody
    Row 5: Ms Marvel
    Row 6: Brawn and Moon Girl
    Row 7: Ironheart and Ganke
    Row 8: Viv Vision
    I'm wondering who most of these heads are, too, honestly. I see what looks like Ganke and Dust (X-Men character) in the last two rows in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That would definitely be cool!

Also, this issue seems to be tieing in nicely to the Champions' walk of life.

I'm wondering who most of these heads are, too, honestly. I see what looks like Ganke and Dust (X-Men character) in the last two rows in the center.
    One looks like Dust one looks somewhat like Globalita from the Iron Man promo book but im guessing most or just generic.

Globalita

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    One looks like Dust one looks somewhat like Globalita from the Iron Man promo book but im guessing most or just generic.

Globalita
    I think zub said something on his tumblr about bring up those "Super hero teen fourms" all the young heros post om that was brought up in Secret warriors.

Spectacular Member

Second row to the right of Wasp is probably Nakia from Ms. Marvel.
    Third row to the left of Miles’ Head is probably Fabio
    Bottom row appears to be Dust and Barbara next to Viv.

I have a bad feeling though. I don’t see Judge on that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post

Globalita
    I assumed the one you think is Dust was just a generic character, and the one you think is Globalita is definitely Moon Girl.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I don't normally post in this thread but given the (deliberate) public interest this story will generate I think that a few words are warranted. It should go with out saying that a topic like school shooting will make #24 the most memorable issue of Champions entire run - just for all the wrong reasons. I hesitate to use the term 'escapism' but there is an inherent fantastic quality to all super hero comics that Champions is now recklessly disregarding. It seems as though Marvel is courting controversy like a bad PSA, when the media story about the book becomes more important then Champions itself.

Did anyone notice the massive continuity error in Iron Man 600? Miles showed up there, having been recruited for Leonardo da Vinci's SHIELD by Cable. When he arrives, his parents, despite knowing he's Spider-Man, are surprised that he knows Riri - who still has her old armor (and also, why didn't they know she'd joined the Champions? Riri's identity isn't secret). Trouble is, this is AFTER Spider-Man 240, and Riri's armor was destroyed in Infinity Countdown, Miles missing that arc because of his coma. By the time he woke up, she'd replaced it. Of course, she has her old one in Iron Man 600 - which is clearly set after Champions 23, because Miles was still in his coma in that arc as well. So Riri's new armor ought to have debuted in Iron Man 599.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-17-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Did anyone notice the massive continuity error in Iron Man 600? Miles showed up there, having been recruited for Leonardo da Vinci's SHIELD by Cable. When he arrives, his parents, despite knowing he's Spider-Man, are surprised that he knows Riri - who still has her old armor (and also, why didn't they know she'd joined the Champions? Riri's identity isn't secret). Trouble is, this is AFTER Spider-Man 240, and Riri's armor was destroyed in Infinity Countdown, Miles missing that arc because of his coma. By the time he woke up, she'd replaced it. Of course, she has her old one in Iron Man 600 - which is clearly set after Champions 23, because Miles was still in his coma in that arc as well. So Riri's new armor ought to have debuted in Iron Man 599.
    Which means that updated armor of Riri's did not make it to the Iron Man creative team in time for the illustrating of the issue.

Is it gonna deal with a real-life shooting adapted into the MU or or is it gonna get dark and have Miles' school be the victim of a shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I don't normally post in this thread but given the (deliberate) public interest this story will generate I think that a few words are warranted. It should go with out saying that a topic like school shooting will make #24 the most memorable issue of Champions entire run - just for all the wrong reasons. I hesitate to use the term 'escapism' but there is an inherent fantastic quality to all super hero comics that Champions is now recklessly disregarding. It seems as though Marvel is courting controversy like a bad PSA, when the media story about the book becomes more important then Champions itself.
    If you're JUST now getting mad at how Champions is "disregarding escapism", I'll have to redirect you to issue #1. The one with the Champions stopping an underage sex trafficking ring.