Page 10 of 218 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSlimeThing View Post
    Amadeus really needs a pair of XXXL size shoes. Subway stations are so damned filthy ya know.

More on topic though, I have high hope ANAD Avengers will improve once this book comes out.
    It's painfully obvious that Waid is playing it safe while following some mandate from above to rope in younger readers with the relaunch after Secret Wars.
    Now, a year later, after the teens get their own book, we'll hopefully see a marked improvement.
    Going from a completely mindblowing Daredevil run to what we got in ANAD Avengers... well it's certainly not what I (and a lot of folks) expected.
    If you check the cover again... All the kids are floating on the train station, so no need for shoes

I didn't knew ANAD was gonna continue after CW II, I thought it was gonna turn into adjectiveless avengers, and the teen would join Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully there will be a cartoon show spinoff.

Just what was involved in Marvel reclaiming the Champions name? I remember there was a big kerfluffle years ago when it was attempted to be used for a Civil War tie-in series.
    Apparently they went through the work of settling a rights lawsuit with another company that also used the word Champions for their comics and toys. So they must be really committed to make champions a thing

If they make a cartoon spinoff I don't think they'll use the same lineup, Viv and young Cyclops would be complicated to add so they might get crossed, there are more teen heroes around in the animated MU that can compose the team.
    Also kamala, Miles, Amadeus and Sam are around so they have 66% of the lineup. I hardly think they'll consider adding a mutant, they only added cyclops because Waid likes him

Any cartoon with the animated version of Sam would have me feeling very apprehensive about watching it .

But yeah, Miles is stuck in the main Marvel Animation universe for the foreseeable future, Kamala has just been introduced, and Cho is...there. Though Ms. Marvel is the first one who's going to join The Avengers in the cartoon continuity, and I'm not sure if they'd just move her to a completely different team after that, let alone another show.

I wonder if we might see Cho become a Hulk for the sake of synergy? Though it would be kinda silly since they've never established the same relationship between him and The Hulk that he had in the comics, so I'm not sure if there'd be much point to doing it other then giving him his current comic identity.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSlimeThing View Post
    Amadeus really needs a pair of XXXL size shoes. Subway stations are so damned filthy ya know.

More on topic though, I have high hope ANAD Avengers will improve once this book comes out.
    It's painfully obvious that Waid is playing it safe while following some mandate from above to rope in younger readers with the relaunch after Secret Wars.
    Now, a year later, after the teens get their own book, we'll hopefully see a marked improvement.
    Going from a completely mindblowing Daredevil run to what we got in ANAD Avengers... well it's certainly not what I (and a lot of folks) expected.
    Actually, he (and Samnee) went from DD to Black Widow. The later just took a little longer. Waid's most recent previous Marvel "team" book was S.H.I.E.L.D., which I don't think was as well received as ANAD Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    If they make a cartoon spinoff I don't think they'll use the same lineup, Viv and young Cyclops would be complicated to add so they might get crossed, there are more teen heroes around in the animated MU that can compose the team.
    Also kamala, Miles, Amadeus and Sam are around so they have 66% of the lineup. I hardly think they'll consider adding a mutant, they only added cyclops because Waid likes him
    Viv isn't that hard to introduce. Just say she's Vision's daughter and that's it. Viewers would't need to get the whole story.
    Scott really is harder unless they plan to introduce all the X-men as being younger. At this point, they don't even plan to introduce the X-men, so it's really not happening .

There's an X-Men animation embargo, so the chances of Scott Summers appearing in a possible Champions cartoon are slim (heh) to none.

Maybe we can have animated Falcon join the Champions? He's around the right age group .

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Viv isn't that hard to introduce. Just say she's Vision's daughter and that's it. Viewers would't need to get the whole story.
    Scott really is harder unless they plan to introduce all the X-men as being younger. At this point, they don't even plan to introduce the X-men, so it's really not happening .
    That'll be hard too, seeing that Vision still hasn't shown-up in the animations.
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's an X-Men animation embargo, so the chances of Scott Summers appearing in a possible Champions cartoon are slim (heh) to none.

Maybe we can have animated Falcon join the Champions? He's around the right age group .
    eventually there will be An X-Men Comics Embargo if they are that scared of promoting them in anything

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    eventually there will be An X-Men Comics Embargo if they are that scared of promoting them in anything
    Hardly, if fox can't even save their own movies from underperforming I don't think marvel will feel that the comics promote the movies.
    Hell if fox can turn great X men stories into whatever the movies are I don't think marvel had anything to fear about pumping up decent X men stories.
    Actually what I like about marvel is that most of the times the movies have been an improvement over the source material, well they get to cherry pick but still movies turn out good, my favs were civil war(I'm so glad it ignored the comic).
    Now back on subject, yeah I hardly see Tyke in animation of any type, but an option would be to pull him from the past and then narrate his story through flashbacks over flashbacks and occasionally mention that he had mentors and friends but that's now part of the past. Sort of like robin in teen titans occasionally referring batman or red X being Jason Todd but never properly mentioning them. Could be Cyke mentioning that he had a good mentor that cared about him or that he once dated a cute redhead.

Also, why hasn't vision appeared in Avengers Assemble?

Niffleheim

Vision is definitely going to appear in Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars but i don't know if he is going to show up this season of Avengers Assemble

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I didn't knew ANAD was gonna continue after CW II, I thought it was gonna turn into adjectiveless avengers, and the teen would join Champions
    It is - but apparently not until November. October's issue, which may well be the last, is a CWII tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Actually, he (and Samnee) went from DD to Black Widow. The later just took a little longer. Waid's most recent previous Marvel "team" book was S.H.I.E.L.D., which I don't think was as well received as ANAD Avengers.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for a few more issues to come out before diving into that. I like to binge read.

Here's a variant cover (Mike Choi) for issue #2

f5vsnwdkoldx.jpg
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

stepping out of the shadows.

Astonishing Member

I like that variant and find it curious that Tyke is in the foreground.

Now that is a great and symbolic cover. You got the team, and the shadows symbolizing their progenitors. I can forgive the white bland background for that.
    ----------------------------------------
    Personally I hope that this 6 will be just 6 for at least a year. Allow the 6 to grow together as a team and have good character action before cramming new team members in. I'd certainly be all for new members, but not so soon.