Page 100 of 218 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3266

Is that a mind meld? They've fused themselves to each other!

I liked the cover with Vision and his daughter.
    Hope this story is more about the union between the heroes than fighting each other.

Carol needed to be in this story along with Kamala .It would be a great opportunity for both to understand each other and make peace.

With Ultimates cancelled, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carol end up on the Avengers team, but it won't be until the Champions crossover is done (have to wait for the January solicits). Maybe one of the Marvels will show up in the other's book in the near future? There'll need to be some sort of follow up to the Generations: Ms. Marvel issue.

Spectacular Member

I'm going with 'getting their emotions back together by trauma sharing' which seems like a significant enough event to be in the crossover, given how it would impact their writing going forward. I've had that theory for a while, so I hope it's not just clickbait. Maybe we'll get more flashbacks?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Always here for more Viv-focused issues. It's so frustrating when a cover is really interesting but the solicit doesn't give you any clue as to what it means, though.

All of the Champions except Cyclops appeared in SECRET EMPIRE #9. spoilers:
    Kamala is clearly delighted when, fighting with the Secret Warriors, she sees Nadia and realises that the Red Room kids have been freed (by Taskmaster and Black Ant, who turned as soon as they realised they were going to lose). Viv got a spotlight moment, managing to dilute Vision's virus by spreading it to the enemy, thus freeing her father from Hydra control. Nova had some fight scene cameos, one of which was alongside Kamala. X-Men Blue didn't show up, hence Cyclops's absence.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Spidey webbing up Taskmaster and Black Ant after they freed them was hilarious
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to see Cyclops will be getting a spotlight issue given I've been feeling Waid's Tyke better then I have Bunn's over in X-Men Blue.
    Waid's Scott is actually competent - Bunn's is an inept cardboard cutout who can't hit the broad side of a barn and can't affect it in the unlikely event his blast connects. I really wish Waid had enough pull to get exclusivity.

Here's the preview for Champions #12
    http://wethenerdy.com/exclusive-preview-champions-12/

Uh oh. They're not about to give Tyke the boot are they? He's missing from that cold open splash page, and they really don't sound sincere when talking about him in the other pages.

Continuity error: The team had barely even started last Halloween. Cyclops should definitely have his ANXM uniform in that flashback.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-31-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Tyke put on a fake mustache and called it a halloween costume... Waid gets Cyclops.

That was... not what I had in mind, at least the first half. But the ending was nice. I think it was good issue overall.

By the way, 'Cyclops killed Xavier' is turning into 'The Hank Pym Slap'.

I swear really want to like young Tyke but I can not. He keeps crying and every time start liking him he goes back to criticizing the old Cyclops as a villain and blah blah blah.

Overall it was a good issue is nice to see this bond of friendship forming between them and why Cyclops is so reserved. But the writer needs to do research tears or swim have never been a problem for Cyclops after he started using the display and joined the X-mens.

And next Avengers vs Champions (hope not).
    Last edited by Knives; 09-06-2017 at 11:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I swear really want to like young Tyke but I can not. He keeps crying and every time start liking him he goes back to criticizing the old Cyclops as a villain and blah blah blah.

Overall it was a good issue is nice to see this bond of friendship forming between them and why Cyclops is so reserved. But the writer needs to do research tears or swim have never been a problem for Cyclops after he started using the display and joined the X-mens.

And next Avengers vs Champions (hope not).
    Having enjoyed the last few issues quite a bit I found this issue to be...just ok.

Giving a spotlight to Scott was a good idea and I liked where the issue ultimately ended up but overall I was underwhelmed. Having Scott's emotions unleashed by the Psycho-Man played out as just too goofy to me.

But I've been pretty happy with Champions lately so I won't let my disappointment this time around dissuade me from sticking around.

I'm actually pretty stoked to see how the crossover with The Avengers will be.