Page 104 of 218 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3266

As for a magic user possibilities
    One of the Spellbinders http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Spellbinders_(Earth-616) possibly Kim Vesco.
    Demoma http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Demona daughter of Daimon Hellstrom.
    Glyph http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Glyph
    Jack Holyoak http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/holyoakjack.htm though possibly to old.

Telepathic side
    Hummingbird http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mar%C3%...ba_(Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

I like Demona! Especially with Hellstrom on a team again.

I remember they teased Robbie as a possible addition a long time ago. It kind of works I guess. Classic Champions connection at least.

I hope we're not losing Viv, but that looks very likely. The only characters that I think we can be 100% sure are staying are Ms. Marvel and Miles.
    Red Locust looks like one of the most likely to join since she was created for the book.
    Out of the girls, I think Red Locust and Nadia make the most sense. Lunella is a bit too young for them, we already have a spider on the team so I wouldn't want Gwen and Riri is just not very interesting to me. Actually, Riri would be a great replacement for Tyke lol.
    As for the guys, I think Joaquin is getting the limbo treatment if the Falcon solo is any indication. The new Patriot seems to have a better chance now.

It would really suck to see them kill Viv off since she's still relatively new as a character and has only recently been established as being LGBT .

But at least Sam still has a book .

BANNED

My ideal Champions team:
    • Ms Marvel
    • Nova
    • Spider-Man
    • Viv Vision
    • Wasp
    • Ghost Rider

From there, I don't mind too much who fills out the team though I'd be glad to see Cho & Joaquin stay away just becuase they irk me

if we are going to need a new mutant replacement we have the whole case of the new x-men to work with Surge(was a leader and has EXp), you can maybe add Wind dancer(sofia)(make a story line where you get her mutant powers back with the help of her team), one of the Cuckoos (because i think there was a storyline going on where they want to be their own person over a 3 in 1), maybe Blindfold? but i think she is link to a overall bigger X-men story if they every use her

So, if Viv does get killed, I think that'll be me done with Mark Waid. Just, like, in general. He's already written her in a really shitty way that completely misses the entire point of her character. He took a character whose main trait was feeling emotions very strongly, and decided, "Nope, that's boring, I'm just going to turn her into an emotionless android, that's way more interesting than an android who has the emotional extremes of a teenager." That was already lazy and awful and stupid. Then, when he realized he'd somehow made a diversity-oriented youth team that was totally devoid of LGBTQ+ rep, he kinda-sorta teased Viv maybe-possibly not being straight, and then proceeded to do absolutely no follow-up at all at any point anywhere. And now he's going to kill the closest his book has to LGBTQ+ rep? Who's also a deeply compelling character that he fumbled the ball on in the first place?

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE. It's a stupid decision. And I just cannot support that ****, and I cannot respect Waid if he does it, and I just have no interest in ever supporting anything he does ever again. So, yeah, if it goes the way it seems to be going? Then Waid has permanently lost me as a reader.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So, if Viv does get killed, I think that'll be me done with Mark Waid. Just, like, in general. He's already written her in a really shitty way that completely misses the entire point of her character. He took a character whose main trait was feeling emotions very strongly, and decided, "Nope, that's boring, I'm just going to turn her into an emotionless android, that's way more interesting than an android who has the emotional extremes of a teenager." That was already lazy and awful and stupid. Then, when he realized he'd somehow made a diversity-oriented youth team that was totally devoid of LGBTQ+ rep, he kinda-sorta teased Viv maybe-possibly not being straight, and then proceeded to do absolutely no follow-up at all at any point anywhere. And now he's going to kill the closest his book has to LGBTQ+ rep? Who's also a deeply compelling character that he fumbled the ball on in the first place?

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE. It's a stupid decision. And I just cannot support that ****, and I cannot respect Waid if he does it, and I just have no interest in ever supporting anything he does ever again. So, yeah, if it goes the way it seems to be going? Then Waid has permanently lost me as a reader.
    So see you next issue then? Cause this is book has had nothing but criticism yet it still here & people who criticise it still read it because "Well It's got my babies in it so I'll give it a chance".

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Sounds like a bad writing, but imo seems like an overreaction. Every writer eventually screws up like this.. multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So see you next issue then? Cause this is book has had nothing but criticism yet it still here & people who criticise it still read it because "Well It's got my babies in it so I'll give it a chance".
    I haven't been reading Champions. I dropped it with issue #3. But I've still been reading Avengers (admittedly, that was mostly because of Mike Del Mundo, but I've largely enjoyed Waid's writing on the book, too, even when Del Mundo wasn't on art duties). And I didn't have any particular bias against buying his work, if he happened to do a book that interested me. But killing off Viv means I will swear off anything Waid does. No matter what it is. No matter who the art team is. No matter what characters he uses. No matter how acclaimed it is. Killing off Viv is just something I object to so strongly that I refuse to support anything he does, ever again.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    if we are going to need a new mutant replacement we have the whole case of the new x-men to work with Surge(was a leader and has EXp), you can maybe add Wind dancer(sofia)(make a story line where you get her mutant powers back with the help of her team), one of the Cuckoos (because i think there was a storyline going on where they want to be their own person over a 3 in 1), maybe Blindfold? but i think she is link to a overall bigger X-men story if they every use her
    If Cyclops were to be pulled from the team, I'd definitely want one of the New X-men era Mutants to join the group like Surge, Mercury, or Hellion.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I think either Surge or Armor would be good replacements for Tyke.
    Armor makes a little more sense thematically since she used to be part of the main X-team just like most of the other Champions used to be Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think either Surge or Armor would be good replacements for Tyke.
    Armor makes a little more sense thematically since she used to be part of the main X-team just like most of the other Champions used to be Avengers.
    The reason i didn't list Armor is because she will be on Cable's new team..... i don't know if Cable is willing to give teh champions Armor... unless Cable wants someone he trust to look after Miles(seeing how Cable is going to play some type of role with miles in the future).
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If Cyclops were to be pulled from the team, I'd definitely want one of the New X-men era Mutants to join the group like Surge, Mercury, or Hellion.
    TBH i think Hellion or Mercury should be in the All new wolverine book with Laura.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Viv, but I will be incredibly bummed if she'll be killed off because of what happened in the Vision solo. If they want Viv off the book, fine, but there's no need to freaking kill her.

well looks like sam is still not getting any respect from the superhero community... even Nadia does not want to really talk to him