Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theilikepie View Post
    Here's a variant cover (Mike Choi) for issue #2

Attachment 38668
    Oh!
    I love this cover so much!
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Now that is a great and symbolic cover. You got the team, and the shadows symbolizing their progenitors. I can forgive the white bland background for that.
    ----------------------------------------
    Personally I hope that this 6 will be just 6 for at least a year. Allow the 6 to grow together as a team and have good character action before cramming new team members in. I'd certainly be all for new members, but not so soon.
    That's proper use of empty space - it draws the eyes to the important parts.

I'm also hoping the roster remains static for a couple arcs at least. It's not really a proper team if the roster changes with each story.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Attachment 38668
    You can definitely make out Peter, Carol, and Rich in that cover (and it's nice to see them acknowledge Rich as anything more then a helmet), though some of the other shadows...

Is that supposed to be The Hulk behind Amadeus? An overly muscular Bruce Banner? Hercules?

I almost thought Viv's shadow was the Scarlet Witch for a second .

Tyke's just looks like a normal shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's proper use of empty space - it draws the eyes to the important parts.

I'm also hoping the roster remains static for a couple arcs at least. It's not really a proper team if the roster changes with each story.
    Or until the next event hits.

It's a beautiful cover which transmits very well the message behind this book.

I still find it hard to believe but the cover seems to indicate Scott really is going to lead this team.

Astonishing Member

Even in the first cover revealed, Scott was in the foreground, I don't know if that means anything but it's interesting.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Even in the first cover revealed, Scott was in the foreground, I don't know if that means anything but it's interesting.
    Scott is the only member of the team that is a standout leader. I think it's pretty clear that the team is initially not going to inherently want to trust him, but he's going to be the one that leads.

And that's what this means.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Scott is the only member of the team that is a standout leader. I think it's pretty clear that the team is initially not going to inherently want to trust him, but he's going to be the one that leads.

And that's what this means.
    Although at this stage of life Scott is mainly just a field leader - others say what, he handles how. Granted, he hasn't been leading much since coming to the future, but that might be one of his hang-ups after seeing his future self.
    Dark does not mean deep.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Although at this stage of life Scott is mainly just a field leader - others say what, he handles how. Granted, he hasn't been leading much since coming to the future, but that might be one of his hang-ups after seeing his future self.
    Well, not quite. Leadership was taken away from him early on when the teen X-Men got to the future because Storm knew that Scott wasn't an inherent leader, but was made that way, and given to Jean. They ended up co-leading together. I could see a similar thing happening with him and Kamala, or him having to learn to think on his feet.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Well, not quite. Leadership was taken away from him early on when the teen X-Men got to the future because Storm knew that Scott wasn't an inherent leader, but was made that way, and given to Jean. They ended up co-leading together. I could see a similar thing happening with him and Kamala, or him having to learn to think on his feet.
    Actually Jean sort of ended up screwing up every mission, got tyke killed, got captured by the shi ar, lost her will and decided to leave once, couldn't keep tyke in the team , got the team stuck in the ultimate universe, then left the team a few months later, so her leadership stage was a bit disappointing. On the other hand teen Cyclops wasn't exactly in the best mental capacity to lead and his pals weren't exactly trusting him 100 %, but hopefully this time he'll be up for taking the Champions to victory (as a field leader)
    Last edited by somacula; 08-06-2016 at 09:50 AM.

BANNED

Die industry die...
    There's gonna be a 1:1000 variant cover... There are gonna be retailer exclusives that are 1:3000 at least.. The Alex Ross cover is 1:100... I don't even... See it for yourselves
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...s-variant.html
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...-window-cling/

Last edited by somacula; 08-06-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I don't know what this Outhouser site mean. I guess my english isn't good enough but i understood nothing of that article.
    But from BC" article i guess marvel is realy giving Champions a good push to the frontlines, like they did to Iron-Man at the start of ANAD.
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Yeah Champions is looking like the flagship title this season

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I don't know what this Outhouser site mean. I guess my english isn't good enough but i understood nothing of that article.
    But from BC" article i guess marvel is realy giving Champions a good push to the frontlines, like they did to Iron-Man at the start of ANAD.
    I think is a big bet...
    Iron man had orders of 300k on issue 1#, one issue #2 it was down to 75k... Same as last run (gillen I think...)
    So champions will most likely reach 300k or even 500k but numbers will stabilize around issue #5,if the first arc can generate enough interest and a bit of healthy controversy (you've got a Cyclops, use him!) champions will be a top seller, if not it'll crash and burn like uncanny avengers v1 and V2.

Champions is the flagship, same as uncanny avengers, ANAD and invincible iron man, look were are those right now! That's why I'm wary of what marvel is doing, I hope it works because they have the potential to become their brand new franchise team, and a a Cyclops of sorts is getting exposure. Also you know that Cyclops is the only one in the team that's been on a movie!
    Last edited by somacula; 08-06-2016 at 10:34 AM.

So what is going to be the response from members of the original Champions group: Hercules, Darkstar, Black Widow, Johnny Blaze, Angel, Iceman...?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Die industry die...
    There's gonna be a 1:1000 variant cover... There are gonna be retailer exclusives that are 1:3000 at least.. The Alex Ross cover is 1:100... I don't even... See it for yourselves
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...s-variant.html
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...-window-cling/

I only buy digital now since I live 90 miles from the closest comic shop, so chase covers mean squat to me. If I want the art, I just click and save on the image.
    Dark does not mean deep.