Page 115 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3266
    BANNED

Champions should be a place where our young heroes can flourish. I'm adamant that the Champions Trinity (Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man & Nova) should stay, but the rest can easily be switched out for other characters. Especially since Viv, Cyclops and Hulk all may leave the team.

Nadia Pym van Dyne Wasp is an obvious choice given she lost her solo title and may lose her Avenger status after No Surrender. Ironheart once Tony comes back so she can have continued development. From there, I'd like to see Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and perhaps Patriot (Shaun Lucas). Speed (Tommy Shepard) could be a good addition to the team too, though I'd much rather see him on a Young Avengers relaunch alongside Wiccan, Hulkling & Stinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So I've been tuned out to Champions stuff since the crossover started (Wasn't interested in reading it) and now I'm hearing that Viv is going to die...

WHAT?!
    She's AWOL from January and February solicits and covers, and December's solicit mentions a casualty. And Viv was transformed into flesh and blood by the High Evolutionary, and is therefore depowered. So yeah, doesn't look good!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So I've been tuned out to Champions stuff since the crossover started (Wasn't interested in reading it) and now I'm hearing that Viv is going to die...

WHAT?!
    She's not confirmed to die but it seems like something happens that requires the team finding someone to fill her spot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nova's cancellation did give him full control of Sam's destiny though. Scott's costume change was even forced on them.
    Not sure if it did or didn't happen, but from the last time I looked, I rather wish that Nova's solo lasted long enough to cause the nuances added to his look to stick in Champions. It probably would have, if the solo wasn't, you know, cancelled after the first story arc...

Yeah, I was expecting Sam's costume to change when Scott's did, but it didn't. The only place Champions has used the new costume is in the Legacy Primer... in a shot that also included Scott's OLD uniform, which means they should have also used Sam's original suit...
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-24-2017 at 01:43 AM.

The Champions (minus Miles) cameoed on a billboard in Darkhawk #51.

Astonishing Member

The Champions (minus Miles) cameoed on a billboard in Darkhawk #51.
    .....And even get mentioned within SECRET WARRIORS #9; even though Ms. Marvel is only one who's actually there.....!

I think that's becoming a running gag. Someone sees Kamala with other heroes. Oh, it must be the Champions. The same thing happened in Totally Awesome Hulk, when they had that all-Asian team-up. Only two of that team were actually Champions.

Astonishing Member

The Penulimate Chapter of the Avengers/Champions Team-Up, via these Preview Pages for AVENGERS #674.

.....Plus, some interesting News regarding Cholk's return to Earth {following RETURN TO PLANET HULK}, via this Linkage below.....

WORLD WAR HULK II:....SMASHBACK..!!
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 12-01-2017 at 12:56 PM.

I think we're losing another Champion. "Final fate"... that sounds like depowering at least to me - especially since there's no need for the Totally Awesome Hulk to be around any more now that Banner's coming back in Avengers.

BANNED

especially since there's no need for the Totally Awesome Hulk to be around any more now that Banner's coming back in Avengers.
    There's more than enough room for both Banner and Cho (And if there wasn't I'd pick Cho every time)

Right now I'm mostly just worried about Viv surviving, but as someone on Reddit pointed out, the fact that there's no issue of mourning suggests that she's just going to leave the team temporarily.

Hulk isn't popular enough for two solo books any more though. That's why Banner's return means the end for Cho.

It's not like Cho being de-powered means he can't still contribute to a team.

He was going on crazy and dangerous adventures long before he actually got powers.

Man, Waid just can't write Spider-Man.

BANNED

"If you leave me here I'll simply jump" -Viv

& I'm suppose to be sad she's going away because.......?