Page 128 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3266
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelFan91 View Post
    I'm hoping at some point Pei and Red Locust however.
    Ok Pei would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    I haven’t been a fan of Waid’s run, but this should be good.

On an unrelated note, I like the idea of Ms Marvel’s scarf doubling as a hood.
    Attachment 61039
    Ha.
    Riri blocking her ARMORED face gave me the giggles.

We're getting an eighth member on the team.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170026...-is-there-room
    They've not appeared in the book before .
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170039...ready-appeared

I know this will revive speculation about Jolt, who he wrote in two issues of Thunderbolts and who isn't involved in Champion For A Day (everyone who shows up there, plus Gwenpool, are ruled out). But for gender balance, a guy is more likely, which makes me think of Ghost Rider.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I know this will revive speculation about Jolt, who he wrote in two issues of Thunderbolts and who isn't involved in Champion For A Day (everyone who shows up there, plus Gwenpool, are ruled out). But for gender balance, a guy is more likely, which makes me think of Ghost Rider.
    Would make sense with Legacy.

I dunno why I don't like the idea of Reyes on the Champions. Silly, because I really enjoyed the "teamup" he had with Hulk and Wolverine.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    We're getting an eighth member on the team.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170026...-is-there-room
    They've not appeared in the book before .
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170039...ready-appeared
    If that's the case then I am predicting:

• His solo got prematurely cancelled much like Nadia's
    • He had a pretty significant appearance in the Marvel Legacy one-shot that I can see getting continued here.
    • Hasn't appeared in the book yet.
    • Is a legacy of a member of the original team.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I remembered Waid teasing Robbie showing up in the book when it was first announced.

I don't think even Zub cares about continuing his Thunderolts run enough at this point to include Jolt here .

Here's the solicit for Champions #19

JIM ZUB (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
    Cover by Stefano Caselli
    A WIDER WORLD Part 1
    • IRONHEART and THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP join the Champions at last! The team has grown but the mission stays the same – the Champions fight to make the world a better place for all!
    • Writer Jim Zub (AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER) and artist Sean Izaakse (UNCANNY AVENGERS) reunite to push the Champions beyond their limits with any icy Antarctic adventure that will challenge everything they believe in!
    • Don’t miss this first chapter of a new era of Champions – and the birth of a brand new hero!

Looks like the new member is a new character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I dunno why I don't like the idea of Reyes on the Champions. Silly, because I really enjoyed the "teamup" he had with Hulk and Wolverine.
    You don't like the idea because he doesn't fit, yes there was a Ghost Rider on the first team, but they were just a Super Hero team. The Champions are a movement to find better solutions, and that doesn't really work when one of your members solo job is to send people to hell.

Ms. Marvel: What can we do about the Freelancers?
    Ghost Rider: I say we send them to a horrible after life, where their souls shall burn, until the void consumes all
    Ms. Marvel: We'll call that plan B

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    You don't like the idea because he doesn't fit, yes there was a Ghost Rider on the first team, but they were just a Super Hero team. The Champions are a movement to find better solutions, and that doesn't really work when one of your members solo job is to send people to hell.

Ms. Marvel: What can we do about the Freelancers?
    Ghost Rider: I say we send them to a horrible after life, where their souls shall burn, until the void consumes all
    Ms. Marvel: We'll call that plan B
    That's not Robbie's thing, though. From that, it's safe to say you're not actually familiar with character, just the idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's not Robbie's thing, though. From that, it's safe to say you're not actually familiar with character, just the idea.
    I do know him while he does his best not to kill, but the deal he made with his uncle to stay away from his little brother is if they see someone as bad as him they must kill them/send them to hell because his uncle likes that for some strange reason.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelFan91 View Post
    I'm hoping at some point Pei and Red Locust however.
    I'm so confused about Red Locust. She was a brand new character created SPECIALLY for the Champions book, and she's not even going to be a regular part of the team going forward? Zub's definitely not adding her to the team, considering this last piece of info about the new member. What was even the point of creating the character?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm so confused about Red Locust. She was a brand new character created SPECIALLY for the Champions book, and she's not even going to be a regular part of the team going forward? Zub's definitely not adding her to the team, considering this last piece of info about the new member. What was even the point of creating the character?
    I’m assuming Waid had long term plans before he knew they’d kicked him off the book - maybe she was going to become Viv’s girlfriend?

Characters get dropped when creative teams change all the time - Zub says they aren’t dropping the thread of Viv’s sexuality, but I doubt Red Locust will be involved.

Yeah, what happened was the EIC changed and now everyone's getting reassigned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman