Page 138 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3266

The thing is, both Cross Time Capers and Poison X started without time for Champion For a Day to take place between finding out about the mission and leaving for it. Something doesn't quite fit.

Read it now, and I see that Patriot, Falcon, and Red Locust weren't shown to leave the team. Presumably next issue will establish that they're reservists, and if Hulk does get depowered, maybe someone will rejoin later.

Also, there is of course the Viv situation. spoilers:
    Synth Viv is brain dead, so human Viv decides she can live on through her, and asks Nadia to merge them.
    end of spoilers

It wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being explained that Nadia HAD left the Avengers prior to No Surrender, but was still living at the mansion due to the Unity Squad (and thus Janet) being based there. She was simply getting the groceries with Jarvis when No Surrender started, and at the end of that issue the call went out to all Avengers past and present (though except for Lightning, they all got frozen).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-28-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope I'm not the only one that found the fix for the Viv situation creepy. It's basically original Viv possessing Viv 2.0's brain dead body as some way to remember her by, but it's really just wearing her dead sister's body so she's not human anymore. And as many others have said it pretty much makes this whole arc pointless because I doubt this is going to effect anything moving forward.

Also Cyke's whole departure did nothing for me emotionally, it's the biggest problem I've had with Waid on this he just tells us everyone is close without giving us any real reason to believe it.

I think they rushed that ending when it was decided to change the creative team.

I did notice though, the human body didn't drop dead, it vanished. Was the human form living data the whole time? Well, after she escaped from the High Evolutionary at the end of #15 anyway.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one that found the fix for the Viv situation creepy. It's basically original Viv possessing Viv 2.0's brain dead body as some way to remember her by, but it's really just wearing her dead sister's body so she's not human anymore. And as many others have said it pretty much makes this whole arc pointless because I doubt this is going to effect anything moving forward.

Also Cyke's whole departure did nothing for me emotionally, it's the biggest problem I've had with Waid on this he just tells us everyone is close without giving us any real reason to believe it.
    Yea I agree on both counts that it's both creepy and renders the whole plot point entirely pointless because it basically just circles back to where it started from with no real consequences. Now if the transfer had resulted in something like Viv being able to shift between human and synthezoid at will due to her body having been converted partially into data from the end of the Worlds Collide arc it'd be one thing but the way it turned out, it just raises the question of just what was the point of this whole thing? As for them increasing their size to compensate for the lack of Viv, that could have easily been changed to that as a result of their team-up with the Avengers, they feel they aren't doing enough and decide to expand their ranks.

Exactly, the biggest consequence to this whole situation is Cyclops leaving and it had nothing to do with anything that happened and even that didn't hold much emotional weight.

I wasn't even aware Cyke was still in this comic given how absent he has been during eventitis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Exactly, the biggest consequence to this whole situation is Cyclops leaving and it had nothing to do with anything that happened and even that didn't hold much emotional weight.
    Is great for Cyclops fans, it reminds us that he's a hero because he wants to help others, not because of tragedy... Then in the first happy memory of his childhood we ever got, and finally it applies to both Cyclops (old and young) because this was prior the time jump

Incredible Member

Why did they even make Viv human if not even 5 months later she’s back to her status quo pre world collide, literally the next arc after the event reverted her back, that seems pretty darn short for crossover consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Why did they even make Viv human if not even 5 months later she’s back to her status quo pre world collide, literally the next arc after the event reverted her back, that seems pretty darn short for crossover consequences
    I said at the very start that this whole plot point was just plain dumb. Now it's dumb and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Maybe Waid had longer-term plans, which he had to abandon when it was decided he would leave the book. Or maybe he just thought it would be an interesting story. I mean, sometimes, a story is told for the sake of telling it, not as set-up for another story.

You're probably right about longer term plans - which is also why issue 16 had Spider-Gwen and Moon Girl only cameo (instead of being new recruits like the cover implied), and why issue 17 wasn't focused on Red Locust like the cover and solicit implied - the arc was truncated. It's also why Avengers No Surrender's first issue showed Cyclops with the Champions when they got frozen. We now know that should've been Ironheart (they ought to fix that for the TPB), because Zub says No Surrender is between Champions 21 and 22. So presumably at the time that scene was drawn, Champions 18 wasn't supposed to end with Scott's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're probably right about longer term plans - which is also why issue 16 had Spider-Gwen and Moon Girl only cameo (instead of being new recruits like the cover implied), and why issue 17 wasn't focused on Red Locust like the cover and solicit implied - the arc was truncated. It's also why Avengers No Surrender's first issue showed Cyclops with the Champions when they got frozen. We now know that should've been Ironheart (they ought to fix that for the TPB), because Zub says No Surrender is between Champions 21 and 22. So presumably at the time that scene was drawn, Champions 18 wasn't supposed to end with Scott's departure.
    I doubt Spider-Gwen and Moon Girl were actually going to join the team. More likely, it was just a "here are some possible recruits" thing, with those two always being intended to remain independent.

Red Locust, Falcon, and Patriot didn't end up joining permanently either.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Red Locust, Falcon, and Patriot didn't end up joining permanently either.
    Those three probably were intended by Waid as permanent new members. It's not like they had anything else going on, after all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Those three probably were intended by Waid as permanent new members. It's not like they had anything else going on, after all.
    I also suspect that those 3 were originally slated as permanent members. Red Locust was obviously (in my opnion) being set-up for a Sixth Ranger dealie, and Falcon and Patriot also seemed like shoe-ins. The former was foreshadowed as early as issue 1, in fact.

Of course, a lot of things just did not pan out.