Page 139 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3266

Spider-Man #239 features the Champions (the original six plus Ironheart - it must be set before Worlds Collide else either Cyclops or Viv wouldn't be there), and so will issue #240. spoilers:
    The cliffhanger is actually that the team is about to get killed in a hail of bullets. We know that obviously won't happen!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Also possible good news for Champions not derailing again to deal with Viv’s endless personal drama

spoilers:
    No Surrender might not affect Champions as much as previously thought, because Vision is said to be repairable in 687, though that still may not happen. He might get resurrected in 690, assuming he isn’t brought back to sacrifice himself in 688, given he’s on the cover. Or they randomly can’t repair him for arbitrary plot reasons.
    end of spoilers

Here's the preview for Champions #19
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-champions-19/
    This could potentially be Snowguard.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This could potentially be Snowguard.
    I wonder if she has ties to the Inua, but not necessarily a demigoddess like Narya aka Snowbird.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yeah, I think we just met our new Champion.

I like that 1st tag on the cover. It was used in the 90s, for example on 1998's Avengers #1.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-03.html

Issues 20 and 21 will be a week later than originally planned. Newsarama mistakenly seems to think this week's #19 is still Waid...
    https://www.newsarama.com/39423-new-...-schedule.html

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-03.html
    Woof, Ms Marvel is another book that could use a relaunch/retooling.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It still sells OK digitally. That's really issue 47 though, and it's solicited to 31/50, so Wilson's had an impressive run with Kamala. How many comics last that long nowadays?

If Kamala were to lose her solo, all of the Champions would be without one. Miles's is going on hiatus, Riri and Amadeus are losing theirs to Tony and Bruce, Nova and Unstoppable Wasp were cancelled a while ago.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-09-2018 at 06:06 PM.

If we could actually KNOW about what exactly these digital or Scholastic or non-floppy sales are, then at least some of that fear could be eased.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    If we could actually KNOW about what exactly these digital or Scholastic or non-floppy sales are, then at least some of that fear could be eased.
    Since we can't know, the answer is actually pretty simple: Stop giving a **** about sales numbers, buy the books you want to read, enjoy them for as long as they last.

The sales don't matter. Sales have absolutely no impact on the quality of a comic. If a book gets canceled? Well, it sucks, but it happens, and it still has no bearing on the quality of the comic.

So people need to just stop focusing on how well a book sells. It does not matter.

I'm not worried anyway. Look at Moon Girl. If the direct market was all that mattered, she would've been cancelled a dozen issues ago.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So Issue #19 was pretty much a retool of the series. Zubb hinted at it before on his twitter, but the direction is shifting from a book about social issues to the team taking superheroics on a global front.

I'm fine with that. I actually enjoyed this issue overall, even though it was more of a "setting the new status quo" type one.
    • Amadeus, Nadia, and Riri built a mobile bunker for the team that doubles as their new home base.
    • Sam and Miles are going to be roommates in the bunker.
    • Riri is kind of the anti-social one on the team because she has trouble interacting with people her age.
    • Viv is back to turning her emotions off again though due to the events of Waid's last arc. Though she still bonds with Riri.
    • Amadeus isn't acting like a Dudebro anymore.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I enjoyed this issue the character interactions were great, and I loved the art. The mobile bunker is cool and the jokes were pretty funny.

BANNED

I thought the issue as a whole was pretty good, but Riri was the highlight here for me.

If Sam dies or is de-powered, I'm dropping though. Normally I'd think it was just a complete fake out but the solicit for #21 has me a bit worried.