Page 140 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3266
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I enjoyed this issue the character interactions were great, and I loved the art. The mobile bunker is cool and the jokes were pretty funny.
    Yeah, this was a nice kick off to the new era. I knew this creative team was going to deliver a solid book and that's exactly what this was. Loved the new mobile HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I thought the issue as a whole was pretty good, but Riri was the highlight here for me.

If Sam dies or is de-powered, I'm dropping though. Normally I'd think it was just a complete fake out but the solicit for #21 has me a bit worried.
    Thankfully, that should be cleared up next week when the next solicits come out. The cover will probably also spoil Hulk 717 by showing whether Amadeus still has his powers.

Also, that captive girl in the preview appears to be A-Force's Singularity. Though I'm baffled why she'd use a foreign language to talk to someone who was apparently speaking English.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not gonna lie, I’m really not a fan of Viv having turned off her emotions again. It really makes the whole arc of her being human completely pointless as that much should have come with the epiphany that you can’t just run from your emotions and have to face them. Instead, they just want to completely return her to status quo as the emotionless girl and as one who really wants to like the character, it’s annoying because they refuse to give her basic character development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thankfully, that should be cleared up next week when the next solicits come out. The cover will probably also spoil Hulk 717 by showing whether Amadeus still has his powers.

Also, that captive girl in the preview appears to be A-Force's Singularity. Though I'm baffled why she'd use a foreign language to talk to someone who was apparently speaking English.
    Honestly, I’m not sure that is Singularly. That appearance seems to be the generic form used when someone is powered up. We’ll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 04-11-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Yeah, she definitely hasn't learned her lesson! A blight on an otherwise good issue in my book.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Pretty good issue. I like where this is going.

Astonishing Member

So far meh, I have my 4 issue rule so I will give the new writer that but not enjoying the new feel.

Astonishing Member

Yeah interesting. Haven't read Riri's stuff outside of her Generations team up. She seems to be occupying a role somewhat like Amadeus was before. But instead being the insufferable genius who's extroverted she's the genius tinkering and constantly fixing and worrying.

Which amusingly makes Amadeus seem like Iron Man and Riri more like Ant-Man if we compare the personalities. Haha.

All that and Viv does an upside down Spider-man pose *cough* to try to kiss Riri. *cough*

While I definitely enjoy seeing Viv interact with everyone I'm a bit surprised that since the team inducted Red Locust we haven't had the two interact again.

And yeah while I too assumed that was Singularity at the start the voice doesn't really read as her. But I can't tell if that's just what happens when another writer use her or not.

I'd be surprised if Nova's injury is all that fatal.

Here's the solicit for Champions #22 and Infinity Countdown #2 and things aren't looking good for Sam.

INFINITY COUNTDOWN: CHAMPIONS #2

JIM ZUB (W), EMILIO LAISO (A) Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

CHAMPIONS...OF THE CHITAURI?

Nova and the Champions fighting for Thanos? Strange allies abound and sacrifices will be made...One of these young heroes is about to lose everything.

32 pages, $3.99.

CHAMPIONS #22

JIM ZUB (W), KEVIN LIBRANDA (A) COVER BY STEFANO CASELLI

Guest-starring the macabre Man-Thing! The Champions' mission in space (in INFINITY COUNTDOWN!) has left its mark, and the team tries to move on. A chance to bring life back to a desolate village might be just what they need -- or push them even farther apart...

32 pages, $3.99.

I see the solicits are vague enough to avoid spoiling Incredible Hulk 717.

So i read the latest issue and;
    1) i loved seeing nova and spider man take on scorpia and the fly. I miss the days when nova would fight bad guys on earth.
    2) viv’s outfit isn’t really working for me; i liked her full on costume.
    3) i didn’t read her regular series, but has riri always been so uptight? That’s gonna get old for me, real fast.

Riri's had some bad experiences. Her stepfather and best friend were murdered right in front of her, and she's kept herself to herself ever since. As a result, she's a loner, hence why she was reluctant to join the Champions at first (she could've joined immediately after Secret Empire, having worked with half the team under Black Widow in the Red Room, and they'd already asked her to join just after she debuted her current armor, so Champion For a Day was their third attempt at recruiting her).

Here's an article on Snowguard a.k.a Amka Aliyak and she's a confirmed as new member plus here's her costume.
    http://www.cbc.ca/books/meet-snowgua...hero-1.4634479

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's an article on Snowguard a.k.a Amka Aliyak and she's a confirmed as new member plus here's her costume.
    http://www.cbc.ca/books/meet-snowgua...hero-1.4634479
    She reminds me of Equinox from Jeff Lemire's Justice League United.

Actually, now that I think about it, her powers remind me a lot of Snowbird's from Alpha Flight.

I agree. Seems to be a mix of Snowbird and DC's Beast Boy.