Page 147 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3266
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    It's a really busy design and art consistency might falter. The helmet shaping is odd.

I honestly would have been fine with a color scheme change-up, the armor would've looked great in some shade of blue or purple.
    Indeed the original design was perfect the way it was it just needed a more original colour scheme being simple is sorely lacking these days in art.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, seemed obvious to me, he can no longer change back into his old scrawny self.
    end of spoilers

The links in my sig are there for a reason... here's his appreciation thread.
    http://community.comicbookresources....o-Appreciation
    That sucks tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Riri looks like she's piloting this classic 70's anime robot, Aphrodite A.
    Cute tbh.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Kamala, Miles, Sam - Marvel's new Trinity?
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-new-trini...sam-alexander/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

One problem what have they done to be considered on the same level as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    One problem what have they done to be considered on the same level as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America?
    They may represent that kind of importance to their generation (and/or next), in terms of representation and heroic journey and such.

This is not an analog situation. They aren't interchangeable WITH those icons but could represent this next generation of heroes in that same model.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    They may represent that kind of importance to their generation (and/or next), in terms of representation and heroic journey and such.

This is not an analog situation. They aren't interchangeable WITH those icons but could represent this next generation of heroes in that same model.
    Well you may say that but aside from that article is the idea that they are that important to this generation a thing? Ms Marvel's comic is a little too kiddish. And what prompted her to form the Champions in the first place now I know this is an appreciation thread but I have to say it the reason is a little flawed as Kamala threw a temper tantrum at Sam Wilson when his logic was sound. Miles Morales is kind of bland and one note. May Bryan Hill help him. Sam Alexander well he's not bad but he hasn't really done anything worth talking about either.

Cute. Thanks. Sounds like you've done your research.

I am entitled to my own opinion.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-05-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Lol exactly, then he has to nerve to comment this in an appreciation thread is mindboggling. you notice how no one goes to Incredible Hulk or Tony Stark thread to bash a character.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Lol exactly, then he has to nerve to comment this in an appreciation thread is mindboggling. you notice how no one goes to Incredible Hulk or Tony Stark thread to bash a character.
    I was trying to say what I can in the most polite way possible. But fine if I'm breaking any rules I won't do it again then.

Astonishing Member

I've said that for a while now. Marvel has a gold mine with these three characters, and even better these are characters DC has almost no counter part to. DC had certain attempts. Blue Beetle would be the closest they had, New Superman, Val Zod would be very distant seconds. But in the end, DC hasn't been able to capture that magic, nor provide anywhere near the same level of push as Marvel has with these characters. That's why it's so important Marvel doesn't muck it up with this fresh s*** revamp, which they slowly seem to be doing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nova, Ultimate Spidey and Ms. Marvel can be their own trilogy when they get written better. Kamala shines better in Secret Warriors and Champions than in her own solo. Nova should be multi-tasking some more. Miles needs to suffer some more like his predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well you may say that but aside from that article is the idea that they are that important to this generation a thing? Ms Marvel's comic is a little too kiddish. And what prompted her to form the Champions in the first place now I know this is an appreciation thread but I have to say it the reason is a little flawed as Kamala threw a temper tantrum at Sam Wilson when his logic was sound. Miles Morales is kind of bland and one note. May Bryan Hill help him. Sam Alexander well he's not bad but he hasn't really done anything worth talking about either.
    Don't forget, during that incident in Champions #1, the Avengers were down to only four members - Kamala, Sam Wilson, Jane Foster, and Vision (Tony was in his coma and Miles and Nova had already quit). It was only in Avengers #1 just after that that Hercules and Peter Parker were recruited, with Nadia also given full membership at that point. I reckon Sam Wilson was pretty stressed out that day.

During Worlds Collide, there was a moment where Nova was lashing out and Falcon yelled at Kamala, telling her to keep her teammate under control. And then in No Surrender, Johnny Storm disregarded one of Falcon's orders because it wasn't what Reed Richards would've done. Honestly, Sam Wilson just seems to have trouble leading his team (he was only Avengers leader in the first place because of Iron Man's coma). In fact, since he knew Thor was the cancer patient Jane Foster, he almost got her killed by allowing her to continue. Hell, maybe that's why teen Falcon and Patriot didn't stick around after Champion For a Day - they support Sam Wilson and the other Champions don't.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-05-2018 at 09:43 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Just ignore them. Along with their other gaps in knowledge, they seem to think that these Trinities are based on in-universe accomplishments. DC's Trinity formed as such through Supes, Bats and Wondy being the three heroes popular enough to maintain their own titles through the fifties and onward while also being internationally recognizable icons, while Marvel's 'Trinity' has historically not even been close to DC's, Thor and Iron Man being characters most of the general public wasn't familiar with till the MCU.

I've said that for a while now. Marvel has a gold mine with these three characters, and even better these are characters DC has almost no counter part to. DC had certain attempts. Blue Beetle would be the closest they had, New Superman, Val Zod would be very distant seconds. But in the end, DC hasn't been able to capture that magic, nor provide anywhere near the same level of push as Marvel has with these characters. That's why it's so important Marvel doesn't muck it up with this fresh s*** revamp, which they slowly seem to be doing.
    This is something we've talked about on the DC threads, but if DC actually knew what they were doing, Cass Cain and Jaime Reyes would easily be able to serve as counters to Kamala and Miles.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Yeah, before the new rosters were announced, people were definitely expecting Jaime to join the Teen Titans. Instead, his book's cancellation = limbo.