Page 154 of 218 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3266
    Mighty Member

I barely ready any champions and dropped off pretty early. When I came back, it was pretty easy to pick up, as long as you know who each of these team members actually are. That being said, other than the art improvement, I can't say there has been a giant jump in quality. It may be a personal preference thing, but this 'non-superhero" shtick they're going for is not for me. It's actually making me actively dislike Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I barely ready any champions and dropped off pretty early. When I came back, it was pretty easy to pick up, as long as you know who each of these team members actually are. That being said, other than the art improvement, I can't say there has been a giant jump in quality. It may be a personal preference thing, but this 'non-superhero" shtick they're going for is not for me. It's actually making me actively dislike Ms. Marvel.
    Yea the whole non-superhero thing just wasn’t for me and the “threats “ they faced were just boring especially the Freelancers who had aboutbas much depth as mustache twirling Saturday morning cartoon villains. Zubs run so far seems to be a step up in quality from Waid’s but it’s only been 2 issues so only time will tell if he keeps it up.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

IT has been pretty dull so far for a group that's supposed to be better than their seniors why don't they take on more powerful enemies like right now and just try to do something to prove that they are better than them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I guess the first issue or 2 just to see how things set up but the Waid era is honestly not a good way to get in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea the whole non-superhero thing just wasn’t for me and the “threats “ they faced were just boring especially the Freelancers who had aboutbas much depth as mustache twirling Saturday morning cartoon villains. Zubs run so far seems to be a step up in quality from Waid’s but it’s only been 2 issues so only time will tell if he keeps it up.
    His Uncanny Avengers run was short but decent too. Zub's a good writer. I've always said his Thunderbolts was just let down by the art and it's bookending by events.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Do that and it could get in the way of any future plans to make Rick Jone A-Bomb again.
    Only if he back similiar as to how Natasha/Black Widow came back.....!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Only if he back similiar as to how Natasha/Black Widow came back.....!!
    That one was sloppy honestly.

Mighty Member

IT has been pretty dull so far for a group that's supposed to be better than their seniors why don't they take on more powerful enemies like right now and just try to do something to prove that they are better than them.
    This is sort of my problem with the Champions. They're supposed to be 'beter" than the big heroes, but it's hard to get invested in a story about a social activisim when no one is throwing a punch and Ms. Marvel is chastising everyone, meanwhile The Avengers are saving the planet by fighting celestials. But you know...solving problems with violence is bad.

This is sort of my problem with the Champions. They're supposed to be 'beter" than the big heroes, but it's hard to get invested in a story about a social activisim when no one is throwing a punch and Ms. Marvel is chastising everyone, meanwhile The Avengers are saving the planet by fighting celestials. But you know...solving problems with violence is bad.
    Agreed what kind of superhero motto is that? And people say DC characters act like their parent well now the kid characters of Marvel are acting like the readers parents.

Here's the solicit for issue #24 not seeing Sam on it though

JIM ZUB (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
    COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    • THE CHAMPIONS GRAPPLE WITH A FOE THAT ALL THE SUPER-POWERS IN THE WORLD CANNOT VANQUISH!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the solicit for issue #24 not seeing Sam on it though

JIM ZUB (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
    COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    • THE CHAMPIONS GRAPPLE WITH A FOE THAT ALL THE SUPER-POWERS IN THE WORLD CANNOT VANQUISH!

5 dollars says it's "bigotry" or some variation of the sort.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The problem is, on several occasions already I've seen people say he looks like Beast Boy, a Teen Titan. The last thing they want is him getting confused with a member of the team's alternate company equivalent.
    He doesn't look a thing like Beast Boy, especially any current or recent era Beast Boy.

I suspect that anyone who has said that or continues to say that either doesn't know what Beast Boy looks like in this day and age (Beast Boy is more than just green after all), or they're being deliberately obtuse for the sole purpose of ragging on Amadeus's new look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Quick question, do I have to read the Champions from the start or can I just enjoy Zub's run?
    Jim Zub's run marks a good jumping on point, so feel free to start there. Sorry no one answered you until now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    He doesn't look a thing like Beast Boy, especially any current or recent era Beast Boy.

I suspect that anyone who has said that or continues to say that either doesn't know what Beast Boy looks like in this day and age (Beast Boy is more than just green after all), or they're being deliberately obtuse for the sole purpose of ragging on Amadeus's new look.
    While I agree the two are easy to tell apart, I wouldn't go so far as to say he looks nothing like Beast Boy.

I mean, talking about just him..Yeah, hes a green boy. But going on to his suit, he shares a lot of common colors with beast boy (black, purple, white). The design makes it distinct, but I'd still call them similar.

Astonishing Member

Agreed what kind of superhero motto is that? And people say DC characters act like their parent well now the kid characters of Marvel are acting like the readers parents.
    You guys do know this is an appreciation thread. Meaning if you're not a fan of the book, this isn't the place to express your disinterest in it. Take it to other threads.