Page 16 of 218 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

I say that Tyke and Kamala will be co leaders. She the idealist who reminds us what the mission/purpose is and basically team heart and he the growing hard@$$ who makes sure they are ready to fight for it. Basically Team Mom and Team Dad.

...And I think I see the reason why Sam does this

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Gawdammit, Sam. Why must you always be the center of unwanted attention in ever team you join?

Sam: You're not my real Daddy!!!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post

Cannnot unseen Viv rubbing her butt against Spidey's crotch...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Cannnot unseen Viv rubbing her butt against Spidey's crotch...
    Dude, check miles left hand

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    That's some unfortunate body placement

Niffleheim

It's holding air

BANNED

So much grinding its definitely a High School Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    So much grinding its definitely a High School Dance.
    That's why Scott and Sam are fighting, someone spiked the punch and they're drunk.

BANNED

Haven't looked forward to a book this much in years.

No avengers title in sight.

Champions being the flagship Marvel book scares me that it might change drastically when the status quo inevitably shifts. Also, Humberto Ramos' art is so fitting here. I hope we get at least 40 issues out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Champions being the flagship Marvel book scares me that it might change drastically when the status quo inevitably shifts. Also, Humberto Ramos' art is so fitting here. I hope we get at least 40 issues out of this.
    Well, if we put the next 3 relaunches together, that's how we are going to get 40 issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I remember when they said their intentions with flagship invincible iron man by Bendis was to make him as popular as he is in the movies because movie and comic popularity should be equivalents and yadah yadah. Then after issue #2 dropped to 70k (Brubaker and Gillen numbers in their respective runs #2's) from 300k "sales" of issue 1# and now we have Iron Riri and Tony is... dying?

So for champions to succeed it has to :
    -Be a comic of the highest quality e.g rebirth one shot (you could say it's overrated, but it's the best stuff I've read in years)
    -Generate hype, "hype", yeah there's not much hype because there's nothing barely controversial except a bunch of legacies that one way or another have earned (or forcibly inherited) those names , altough the reception of the announcement was overall positive and the complaints were mostly about specific members (mainly kid Hitler) a lil bit of controlled controversy that gets people to talk about champions won't hurt, and teasers with copy pasted text on already existing art doesn't help.
    -Be a revolutionary comic: the promise is change the world, and I won't deny it, the MU is changing a lot whether we like it or not. So the actions of the Champions should have ramifications through the larger MU if they are committed to change the world, if the changes are just mentioned and self contained there won't be anything special about the comic.

I remember when they said their intentions with flagship invincible iron man by Bendis was to make him as popular as he is in the movies because movie and comic popularity should be equivalents and yadah yadah. Then after issue #2 dropped to 70k (Brubaker and Gillen numbers in their respective runs #2's) from 300k "sales" of issue 1# and now we have Iron Riri and Tony is... dying?

So for champions to succeed it has to :
    -Be a comic of the highest quality e.g rebirth one shot (you could say it's overrated, but it's the best stuff I've read in years)
    -Generate hype, "hype", yeah there's not much hype because there's nothing barely controversial except a bunch of legacies that one way or another have earned (or forcibly inherited) those names , altough the reception of the announcement was overall positive and the complaints were mostly about specific members (mainly kid Hitler) a lil bit of controlled controversy that gets people to talk about champions won't hurt, and teasers with copy pasted text on already existing art doesn't help.
    -Be a revolutionary comic: the promise is change the world, and I won't deny it, the MU is changing a lot whether we like it or not. So the actions of the Champions should have ramifications through the larger MU if they are committed to change the world, if the changes are just mentioned and self contained there won't be anything special about the comic.
    I believe in Mark Waid and Ramos. But I wonder what sort of big opener they would have to perform in order to completely blow everyone's socks off. I mean...DC Rebirth mostly got a hgeu portion of its audience because it was...well fixing its own mistakes. I don't know what sort of meta mistakes that can be fixed by the Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, if we put the next 3 relaunches together, that's how we are going to get 40 issues.
    Truth Be Told

Sam’s a good guy, but he has his moments when he just has to burst.
    Like the time with Vision (falsely accusing Ms Marvel), fight with evil Dad clone, etc…

so it could be… they are…

… hashing out the seating arrangement at the lunch room table?

Or

Folks (and Sam) are tired of Cyclops borrowing money and not paying it back?
    Everyone knows Cyclops is a bit of a mooch

Or

Could be Sam’s way of Welcoming Cyclops to the CHAMPIONS!!!

Teams have been known to have members that don’t see... eye to eye… sorry about that... had to. Well… not really.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Endeavor to persevere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vak View Post

Sam’s a good guy, but he has his moments when he just has to burst.
    Like the time with Vision (falsely accusing Ms Marvel), fight with evil Dad clone, etc…

so it could be… they are…

… hashing out the seating arrangement at the lunch room table?

Or

Folks (and Sam) are tired of Cyclops borrowing money and not paying it back?
    Everyone knows Cyclops is a bit of a mooch

Or

Could be Sam’s way of Welcoming Cyclops to the CHAMPIONS!!!

Teams have been known to have members that don’t see... eye to eye… sorry about that... had to. Well… not really.
    I know Sam has issues, his life has been suffering recently, but cyclops is a different kind of suffering, and I'm sure after a few slugs they'll make up and find out they can relate,and explain why the hell Cyclops came back to earth instead of staying with his dad

As for the slugfest I'll go with the theory of the spiked punch, dammit Cho you got that idea from hercules!
    Or maybe they're deciding the leadership in... Mooooortal Kooooooombat with Trudeau rules, if you hit your enemy he wins.

Dismiss the money theory, being an X men automatically makes you part of the 1%, at this point teen Cyclops has :
    -His older self money, he has access to his banks accounts and money stashes
    -Xavier's money, Cyke inherited it all
    -I'm sure his dad gve him quite a lot of money before he went back to earth, as a birthday present and to make sure he doesn't lack proper housing and food.
    So don't be surprised if Tyke is the one funding the team

Also since there's the new trend of making teasers over existing art I made my own champions teaser with Tyke