Page 161 of 218 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3266
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I read the issue where Thanos destroyed her armour and I am rather baffled that Riri bounced back too quickly from that it seems rather lazy her recovery needs to be more of a journey and I do wish Zub capitalised on that more and let paly out longer like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The magic is in the journey.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 07-06-2018 at 05:08 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Corps themselves did.

https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Scott_Adsit

Confiscating Sam's helmet was definitely counterproductive and will infuriate Rich Rider.

As for that preview, the recap page mentions it's after Avengers No Surrender as well, so the next part is probably Viv and Snowguard reacting to what happened to Vision - Nadia's probably working on his repairs. Miles is probably offering the girls a shoulder to cry on, if he's not still in the hospital as seen in Spider-Man #240. For some reason, Vision is seen in Amazing Spider-Man back in his old pre-Secret Wars costume, so we do know he'll be fixed up.
    Just read that Scott Adsit link. A reject from a Deadpool title is now a high ranking member of The Nova Corps? Man, Marvel really needs to start using some of that Disney money to start stealing talent from DC's Green Lantern books.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    According to Zub on Twitter, Miles isn’t showing up in 22 or 23, because he’s still recovering from the last issue of his solo. Issue 24 is Miles-centric and supposed to be hard-hitting and emotional, though.

You can tell Zub’s struggling to fit eight characters in one book, which is probably why Sam’s taking a break. Having to shove all the teen characters Marvel still wants around into one title now Kamala’s the only one with a solo for a while can’t be easy.
    Nadia has a book too. Ant-Man and the Wasp has a couple of issues left (out Aug 1 and Sept 5), and then Unstoppable Wasp returns October 3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just read that Scott Adsit link. A reject from a Deadpool title is now a high ranking member of The Nova Corps? Man, Marvel really needs to start using some of that Disney money to start stealing talent from DC's Green Lantern books.
    Adsit is a great character. He's not a "reject from a Deadpool title," he's a supporting character that was built up during the course of Duggan's long DP run and eventually advanced to a position in the Nova Corps. I love it when new characters are introduced, developed over a long period of time, make an impact on current continuity and that impact is respected and carried forward by others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I read the issue where Thanos destroyed her armour and I am rather baffled that Riri bounced back too quickly from that it seems rather lazy her recovery needs to be more of a journey and I do wish Zub capitalised on that more and let paly out longer like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The magic is in the journey.
    Riri got beat down but it'd be a waste of time and narrative space (not to mention a disservice to her strong character) to have her moping about it for issues on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Riri got beat down but it'd be a waste of time and narrative space (not to mention a disservice to her strong character) to have her moping about it for issues on end.
    I mean Thanos is a villain Riri never fight before there should be some lingering trauma from how he nearly tore her apart. I mean the best stories come from when characters come out from conflict and trouble changed and a lot stronger and it would be a disservice to Riri's character if she didn't become stronger.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 07-06-2018 at 09:27 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The New Mutants got a trauma arc because they got killed and removed from existence. Riri got bodied by Thanos and came out in a better shape than Rhodey. She just needs to suck it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I mean Thanos is a villain Riri never fight before there should be some lingering trauma from how he nearly tore her apart. I mean the best stories come from when characters come out from conflict and trouble changed and a lot stronger and it would be a disservice to Riri's character if she didn't become stronger.
    She will become stronger. She already designed a new armor for herself. And there's no reason to think that the effects of her fight with Thanos won't continued to be referenced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The New Mutants got a trauma arc because they got killed and removed from existence. Riri got bodied by Thanos and came out in a better shape than Rhodey. She just needs to suck it up.
    Yeah, that's about it. She lost a fight but it wasn't such a monumental thrashing that she has to go into deep therapy over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    She will become stronger. She already designed a new armor for herself. And there's no reason to think that the effects of her fight with Thanos won't continued to be referenced.
    Well personally I would have liked to have seen her go on a journey of change rather than a quick bounce back and it doesn't have to be annoyingly depressing a good writer can and should be able to do that. Still you would think that from the way her eyes looked after Thanos tore apart her armour there would be some trauma.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the preview for issue #22

I don't blame Sam for reacting that way......And something tells me that Sam's story {as no longer being NOVA} is far from over.........

Astonishing Member

Well the art definitely looks really nice, reminds me of the writer who use to do super sons in DC. But I am not feeling Cho's reduction in size. It's essentially like Cho got hit with the nerf bat which is crap.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. He gained control of his powers, but at a cost - not only has he lost some of his strength, he's also no longer able to change out of his green form. Definitely nerfed. Hopefully though, he'll use his brains more, and not just the muscles that gave him his new codename. He is supposed to be the 8th smartest person on the planet after all.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cho looks more like a Teen Hulk now then he ever did before. I wonder just how strong he is now.

I really don't see Cho coming up with "Brawn." That seems like the kind of name someone else would try and stick on you (which, when you think about it, is kind of true).

Ironheart 3.0 looks good here but I think the stylized anime-esque art helps a lot. I feel like she's either going to get a more streamlined armor at some point or other artists will just plain streamline it.

Also, Riri out-of-armor reminds me a lot of Tiffany Fox from Batman: The Telltale Series. I'm not sure how much of a coincidence that is, on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cho looks more like a Teen Hulk now then he ever did before. I wonder just how strong he is now.

I really don't see Cho coming up with "Brawn." That seems like the kind of name someone else would try and stick on you (which, when you think about it, is kind of true).
    Maybe it was. Brawn could've been Maddy Cho's idea (bear in mind she has no powers, but is almost as smart as her brother, so maybe she should be called Brains?).