Page 164 of 218 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    But Marvel is committed to Miles being Spider-Man. You won't see that change.
    Unless he's in a cartoon, where he will then be saddled with "Kid-Arachnid" or not even be called Spider-Man .
    I like Brawn as a code name for Cho. I don't think it's going to hurt Cho as a character at all, if anything I think it's going to help him stick around.
    I dunno. I think it hurts him if only because I don't see someone named "Brawn" getting a massive push and ongoing in the near future, but that's just me.

Extraordinary Member

After all, no one likes when minorities are among the strongest in the MU
    For some people that's true,for some others of course not true.
    There some others who just really don't care about that type thing as well.
    Another point when come to marvel alot folks tend to not care about superman like characters.
    That's one of the reasons why sentry and hyperion for example get bashed alot.
    Anyway some characters from marvel 2.0 are in limbo now like spectrum and hyperion,so i think it has to do with current direction marvel wants right now,not powers or power levels.
    If blue marvel strength level was close to iron man or carol's or some of the past hyperions and he still had all his other powers i still think he would be in limbo right now.
    Marvel has many characters (more then dc)so some will go into limbo for awhile and later come out it.

The most known and older ones on average will be in limbo less often however.

A alternate version of monica and blue marvel was shown recently in one of the captain marvel books a few months ago.
    When 616 monica shows up again constantly in the future i think 616 blue marvel will be with her since they are in a relationship and are
    really a team now.

It would be same the for scarlet witch and doctor voodoo, jessica jones and luke cage or sue storm and reed richards.

Unless he's in a cartoon, where he will then be saddled with "Kid-Arachnid" or not even be called Spider-Man .

I dunno. I think it hurts him if only because I don't see someone named "Brawn" getting a massive push and ongoing in the near future, but that's just me.
    I think the name brawn is fine for cho.
    I prefer he had his own code name first anyway but the code name hulk would still have fine as well.
    I wonder how strong brawn would be?
    Will he be 100 tons like rage or gentle?or still have incalculable strength like she hulk,rogue or wonder man?

Could he have greater strength then gentle and rage but lower incalculable strength then she -hulk or wonder man.
    Amadeus Cho would not be strong as before but it is possible he could still be top tier in strength but just wonder man or she hulk level or around their level.
    I guess we just have to wait and see how strong he is now.

Note-
    Sunspot now he has hulk like strength.
    His strength is incalculable.

He was in The New Mutants: Dead Souls (2018) #4,so that recently.
    and
    Gentle
    Nezhno Abidemi (Earth-616)
    Variable, up to Class 100; It was stated that at his peak, he could go toe-to-toe with the Hulk, and that he was one of the strongest mutants the world had seen.
    Gentle is current in x-men red.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-17-2018 at 05:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, jeez - how much of a "massive push" is Cho supposed to get?

If he's still in circulation and still an active part of the current universe that still puts him ahead of hundreds of other characters who have fallen into limbo.

Will Brawn ever be a household name? No, of course not. But I'm just happy that Marvel hasn't closed the book on him now that he's no longer Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

If he's still in circulation and still an active part of the current universe that still puts him ahead of hundreds of other characters who have fallen into limbo.

Will Brawn ever be a household name? No, of course not. But I'm just happy that Marvel hasn't closed the book on him now that he's no longer Hulk.
    I edited/added more of my thoughts above before i saw your post.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-17-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    For some people that's true,for some others of course not true.
    There some others who just really don't care about that type thing as well.
    Another point when come to marvel alot folks tend to not care about superman like characters.
    That's one of the reasons why sentry and hyperion for example get bashed alot.
    Anyway some characters from marvel 2.0 are in limbo now like spectrum and hyperion,so i think it has to do with current direction marvel wants right now,not powers or power levels.
    If blue marvel strength level was close to iron man or carol's or some of the past hyperions and he still had all his other powers i still think he would be in limbo right now.
    Marvel has many characters (more then dc)so some will go into limbo for awhile and later come out it.

The most known and older ones on average will be in limbo less often however.

A alternate version of monica and blue marvel was shown recently in one of the captain marvel books a few months ago.
    When 616 monica shows up again constantly in the future i think 616 blue marvel will be with her since they are in a relationship and are
    really a team now.

It would be same the for scarlet witch and doctor voodoo, jessica jones and luke cage or sue storm and reed richards.

I think the name brawn is fine for cho.
    I prefer he had his own code name first anyway but the code name hulk would still have fine as well.
    I wonder how strong brawn would be?
    Will he be 100 tons like rage or gentle?or still have incalculable strength like she hulk,rogue or wonder man?

Could he have greater strength then gentle and rage but lower incalculable strength then she -hulk or wonder man.
    Amadeus Cho would not be strong as before but it is possible he could still be top tier in strength but just wonder man or she hulk level or around their level.
    I guess we just have to wait and see how strong he is now.

Note-
    Sunspot now he has hulk like strength.
    His strength is incalculable.

He was in The New Mutants: Dead Souls (2018) #4,so that recently.
    and
    Gentle
    Nezhno Abidemi (Earth-616)

Gentle is current in x-men red.
    I was being sarcastic about the "no one" part. It was more of a dig at marvel for constantly depowering or remove entirely their high strength level minority characters.

I think it's definitely good to see Cho still in-use, even if it's highly unlikely he'll get the promotional push he had when he was Hulk.

so what is this about some founding character being possibly killed off? what purpose would that serve?

I haven't heard about that, but you're right it wouldn't have much purpose considering one of the members already "died".
    Edit: I think I see what you meant, and if it's about Viv I doubt it as I said she's already died once no point in it happening again.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 07-18-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is this about some founding character being possibly killed off? what purpose would that serve?
    I think I can clear it up without spoilers, I don’t think the article meant a founding champion I believe they meant a founding Avenger.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Issue 22 ended with Snowguard thinking Vivvy, as she calls her, was dead. But of course, she won't be. They didn't mean founding Avenger by the way - Vision isn't one and none of the ones who are (Iron Man, Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, Banner, Thor, Captain America) appear in this book.

Iron Man #2 has revealed why Tony AI hasn't appeared in Champions. Riri must've had it confiscated, because Jocasta said that AI's shouldn't be cooped up in Iron Man suits and thus Friday was given a body (which means she's presumably now a synthezoid). Since Tony AI was based on the real Tony, they probably just turned him off. No doubt this loss has hurt Riri's effectiveness, leading to her armor getting destroyed in Infinity Countdown (even before Thanos smashed it, it was already on the brink of failure). One feature of the new armor is probably to make it function easier without an AI.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Vision's got a solo again, written by Chelsea Cain. Considering the death plot being set up, could this in fact be a stealth solo for Viv?
    https://www.cbr.com/chelsea-cain-marvel-vision-comic/
    THE VISION #1 (of 6)
    Written by CHELSEA CAIN & MARC MOHAN
    Penciled by AUD KOCH
    Cover by MARCOS MARTIN
    THE NEXT CHAPTER OF THE VISION FAMILY!
    When the Vision decided to try to live a “normal” life, he built a wife, a son and a daughter—a family—only to watch it nearly all crumble. Now all that’s left is Viv, his learning-to-be-rebellious daughter, and Sparky, the family robo-dog. But what does it mean for an artificial intelligence to rebel? And can a synthezoid father handle single parenthood? The married writing team of Chelsea Cain (Mockingbird) & Marc Mohan join rising star artist Aud Koch for a new take on the Vision family that will once again have everyone talking!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Vision's got a solo again, written by Chelsea Cain. Considering the death plot being set up, could this in fact be a stealth solo for Viv?
    https://www.cbr.com/chelsea-cain-marvel-vision-comic/
    THE VISION #1 (of 6)
    Written by CHELSEA CAIN & MARC MOHAN
    Penciled by AUD KOCH
    Cover by MARCOS MARTIN
    THE NEXT CHAPTER OF THE VISION FAMILY!
    When the Vision decided to try to live a “normal” life, he built a wife, a son and a daughter—a family—only to watch it nearly all crumble. Now all that’s left is Viv, his learning-to-be-rebellious daughter, and Sparky, the family robo-dog. But what does it mean for an artificial intelligence to rebel? And can a synthezoid father handle single parenthood? The married writing team of Chelsea Cain (Mockingbird) & Marc Mohan join rising star artist Aud Koch for a new take on the Vision family that will once again have everyone talking!
    Can't say I was expecting this (or Chelsea Cain's return to Marvel).

Kinda curious to see how this compares to King's run since it seems to be following up on a lot of it. I guess Cain's Mockingbird was similarly cerebral, in it's own way.

Of note, by the way, is that due to Snowguard's living arrangements, Amka should be in this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think I can clear it up without spoilers, I don’t think the article meant a founding champion I believe they meant a founding Avenger.
    Surely Marvel won't kill the Vision again? Been there, done that.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Check out the cover for issue #25 that Zub posted on Twitter.