Page 184 of 218 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I will concur with everyone else, the actual placement of this issue was really strange. Felt like it should've been an extra length annual rather than a one-shot smack dab in the middle of an arc where Sam and Nadia have gone missing.

That said, the issue itself was really good. Turns out for all the fear mongering, there was no political messages, just showing how the various members of the team actually cope with grief.

spoilers:
    Would be interesting to see whenever Miles' ongoing gets back up and running if Fabio's injury will carry over.
    end of spoilers
    One thing doesn't make sense there. spoilers:
    He's an X-Man, for crying out loud. Is he too proud to go to the mansion in Central Park and ask for Triage's help? The healer who was on Cyclops' team with Fabio?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's an X-Man, for crying out loud. Is he too proud to go to the mansion in Central Park and ask for Triage's help? The healer who was on Cyclops' team with Fabio?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Counting with the good job that Marvel has done with the former members of the X-men and even with the current student body, Fabio is lucky to have survived to a gunshot lmao
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 09-12-2018 at 01:16 PM.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Knowing the X-Men these days, they would let him die so they can use him as an example to support "the dream".
    end of spoilers
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

It's important to address a topic-especially as long as it's handled tastefully. And considering what I read in the issue, not bad. Jim Zub certain handled the material tastefully. From how characters cope with grief to even that encouragement of words from Ms. Marvel. Comics are a political statement in general. If you can't see that, that's on you. And you seem like the type who revels, enjoys the world of Kingdom Come unironically.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The discussion about the political message that Marvel is allegedly deliberately shoving in Champions is railroading this appreciation thread and is better off discussed elsewhere.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I like how Zub included those to make some light jokes about Miles' antics during Bendis' run. Showed some true dedication to character continuity.
    Same. Habits by the character shouldn't just disappear between writers, even if they are habits that some fans may not care for.

That was indeed a nice touch in detail. In fact, Miles really is known to not be the best when it comes to diligently safeguarding his identity. Besides, he had other things to worry about in this issue.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You mean the same X-Men he was and still currently is trying to distance himself from? I don't think that has anything to do with pride. It's simply part of the choice he's made.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-12-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Same. Habits by the character shouldn't just disappear between writers, even if they are habits that some fans may not care for.

That was indeed a nice touch in detail. In fact, Miles really is known to not be the best when it comes to diligently safeguarding his identity. Besides, he had other things to worry about in this issue.

spoilers:
    You mean the same X-Men he was and still currently is trying to distance himself from? I don't think that has anything to do with pride. It's simply part of the choice he's made.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't read Bendis' run of Miles and I'm not interested in doing it, but this is something that I like, because it means that Zub is the kind of writer that cares about the contiunity from other authors and series, something really appreciated and needed nowadays. It showed how good Zub is as a writer too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    If people do not want to change what you can do?

That's a good question .
    Riri was STRAIGHT trolling folks with that comment and her armor.

I will concur with everyone else, the actual placement of this issue was really strange. Felt like it should've been an extra length annual rather than a one-shot smack dab in the middle of an arc where Sam and Nadia have gone missing.
    It felt like something that should have been in MILES'S book with Miles finding out who the shooter was and what might have triggered all of this.

BANNED

A very nicely done issue. Hardly grim or controversial or even political. Instead Zub focused on the character's reaction to events and their frustration and helplessness in the face of situations where their powers aren't enough.

There's no soapboxing, just people forced to cope with their own personal limitations and deciding whether to be immobilized by that or to keep fighting and keep hoping.

As for whether this should have been an annual - I don't see why it would have had to be. I get that it's kind of a "side story" that could have been isolated from the flow of the main story but ultimately, what does it matter? If there was an annual banner on the cover, we'd still have to wait for the next issue to get to the Weirdworld story.

And, who knows, there might be something coming up after Weirdworld or for Miles after Spidergeddon that would have made this story impossible so they had to get it in now.

Whatever the case, I wasn't distracted by its placement. It was a solid one and done that showcased Zub's spot on handling of these characters.

Now bring on Weirdworld!!

Good issue. I thought they handled the topic the best they could.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Riri was STRAIGHT trolling folks with that comment and her armor.

It felt like something that should have been in MILES'S book with Miles finding out who the shooter was and what might have triggered all of this.
    The police already found out who the shooter was, he committed suicide.

And it couldn't be in Miles's book, as he doesn't currently HAVE one.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Newsarama did a interview with Zub about issue #24 and he even teased that both he and Marvel in general have big plans for Miles down the road. You can read the interview here

‘I Don’t Want to Tell People They Must Feel This Certain Way’

This was a very special issue of Champions, IMO. I don't mean that as a compliment. It's not an insult either. It is what it is. As "very special issues" go it could've been bad. But Zub turned in some harmless forgettable hope/unity stuff, no infamous stuff like Dr Doom crying. Okay, Zub pulled it off.

One thing kind of stuck out.

"After helping raise funds for our community center, we didn't expect you kids to build it too!"

It's amazing that this is the thing that breaks my suspension of disbelief. Now I can buy them helping to raise funds for a community center but there is no way the city will let them build it themselves. I can see if they were building a superhero base. But if this is just a regular community center the Champions would find themselves smack dab in the middle of a labor dispute.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-12-2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Because some people need to see an "IMO" or they think you aren't giving an opinion.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

^spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this was Mike, Zoe, and Nakia's first appearance outside of Ms Marvel. And it must be before Ms Marvel #31, because Kamala told Mike that she was texting "a friend from another school". If it was after she revealed her identity, she would've been able to admit it was Spider-Man without any issues.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nakia was in the first ANAD Avengers issue, with Bruno, for the Ms. Marvel/Nova backup.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Newsarama did a interview with Zub about issue #24 and he even teased that both he and Marvel in general have big plans for Miles down the road. You can read the interview here

‘I Don’t Want to Tell People They Must Feel This Certain Way’
    Don't read that without reading the issue first - article pretty much spoils the whole thing.