Page 198 of 218 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3266
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

There's going to be a Champions relaunch with Zub continuing to write, and Steve Cummings on pencils.

They say Champions will be the "Legion of Superheroes for Marvel" along with this picture which features some familiar faces.

Along with Red Locust and Patriot it looks like we'll also have a mutant with Prodigy.
    And Sam is still without his helmet it seems.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that's the Victor Alvarez "Power Man." Not Prodigy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    They say Champions will be the "Legion of Superheroes for Marvel" along with this picture which features some familiar faces.

Along with Red Locust and Patriot it looks like we'll also have a mutant with Prodigy.
    And Sam is still without his helmet it seems.
    That's not Prodigy, its the new Iron Fist from the excellent POWER MAN/IRON FIST mini of a year or so ago (not the most specific of dates I know, sorry!)

That’s weird they added Powerman when they have Amadeus Cho still on the team. I mean I know Victors powers are more based in Chi but still it’s a bit weird. But hey nice to have him back since the New Avengers.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-06-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

You all are right I couldn't make it out properly, but I am definitely excited about this news.

I’m not a fan of the idea of the team being too big. 7/8 members should be the max.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    I’m not a fan of the idea of the team being too big. 7/8 members should be the max.
    My reaction is the opposite, I like the idea of a bigger team to distinguish the Champions from other teams (especially if YOUNG AVENGERS *is* coming back). Its nice to see characters like Victor have a home even if not every character is in every arc.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    I'm assuming since Zub made the LoSH comparison that means the cast will actually rotate arc from arc.

But damn, like we were talking about earlier this week, Press F for Joaquin.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I don't think a relaunch was needed, but I'm just glad the series is continuing in some form.
    I'm undecided on the new additions. White Tiger would have been way cooler than Power Man.

Incredible Member

Regardless if Sam truly will be powerless or they are hiding what he'll eventually become, im glad they didn't just shuffle him out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the Victor Alvarez "Power Man." Not Prodigy.
    Ugh...just because Luke Cage looks forgettable doesn't mean Victor has to as well. He needs a better costume. Count me among the people who feel the relaunch isn't needed. But if the book is going to be relaunched hopefully Marvel avoids Super Hero City USA in favor of Chicago or Seattle.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-06-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

More characters are set to appear than just who was on the cover. Sounding more and more like it'll be a rotating ensemble arc to arc.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

Im assuming you're referring to New York. The Champions go all over the place. Id argue they've been operating outside of New York more than in.

What are everybody's hopes for future members, now that we know we're getting a "legion"?