Page 2 of 218 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I'm looking forward to this. I'm not a fan of Ramos' art, so I'm disappointed about that. But the cast is cool. Even if I do resent Marvel spoiling that Viv will survive the Vision solo. I am glad she'll be OK, because she's a sweet kid and teen girls being total sweethearts has somehow become my thing. Viv is great.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'd rather have a different artist too but Ramos' art is fit for a teen book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

my biggest concern for this book is that Mark Waid will fall into the same slump he did during ANAD Avengers and just start writing like he's on Auto-Pilot

but i think that book's problem was having to be careful about stepping on the solo writers toes and having to balance The Young Heroes With The Adult Heroes

it just really felt like Waid was forced into a corner where he had to play it so safe that it wasn't even exciting anymore or cool

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. I'm not a fan of Ramos' art, so I'm disappointed about that. But the cast is cool. Even if I do resent Marvel spoiling that Viv will survive the Vision solo. I am glad she'll be OK, because she's a sweet kid and teen girls being total sweethearts has somehow become my thing. Viv is great.
    Yup, it's a shame we know she comes out of the Vision ok, before we've read the end, but I'm very happy with her inclusion. She's an intriguing addition and I'm looking forward to her interaction with the team. You just know Sam'll get weird around her.

Now we need a Classic Champions Appreciation Thread.

Peace

The function of this team is the same as Luke's team after the first Civil War meaning serving as opposed group to the one that won the war. The only difference is that Luke and the others were considered criminals unlike those young heroes who disagreeing with the methods of the old heroes using the political field.

I'd really like to see the Robbie Reyes (Ghost Rider) and Bombshell join this book. Robbie would be a nod to classic Champions (along with Cho, who used to be Hercules's sidekick). Bombshell because she's just pure awesome.

I'd also take basically anyone over Tyke. Even Goldballs
    Aside from Tyke, I really like this team and I think it has a lot of potential. The younger heroes are the best part of ANAD Avengers, so it makes sense to have a book just for them.
    I do wonder why the new Wasp is the only who is still a member of the main Avengers team. I guess having her join the Champions would make this book look too much like "Young Avengers 3.0"? Probably not that, they're all legacy Avengers characters anyway.

I am so looking forward to this series.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Now we need a Classic Champions Appreciation Thread.

Peace
    How many Champion teams has there been? I'm sure I heard it mentioned somewhere that the Original Nova was also in a Champions team.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd really like to see the Robbie Reyes (Ghost Rider) and Bombshell join this book. Robbie would be a nod to classic Champions (along with Cho, who used to be Hercules's sidekick). Bombshell because she's just pure awesome.

I'd also take basically anyone over Tyke. Even Goldballs
    Agreed that Tyke is out of place.
    Robbie would be awesome on this team! Maybe they'll bring him in around the time he debuts on Agents of SHIELD?

Who is Bombshell? I haven't seen her before. I know the DC Bombshell, but not this one. That looks like a cool panel.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    How many Champion teams has there been? I'm sure I heard it mentioned somewhere that the Original Nova was also in a Champions team.
    Only this team and the original one. The Order (the team Matt Fraction wrote during the Initiative) was originally supposed to be called the Champions, but Marvel didn't have the rights to publish a book with that name, so they had to change it.

The original Champions were Black Widow, Angel, Iceman, Hercules, and Ghost Rider, later joined by Darkstar. Nova debuted around the same time but he was never on the team, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Robbie would be awesome on this team! Maybe they'll bring him in around the time he debuts on Agents of SHIELD?

I'm with you on THAT one!
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Agreed that Tyke is out of place.

Who is Bombshell? I haven't seen her before. I know the DC Bombshell, but not this one. That looks like a cool panel.
    She's originally from the Ultimate Universe. She used to her mother's partner in crime (they were the Bombshells), but she redeemed herself and became a hero alongside Miles and the All-New Ultimates.

After Secret Wars, she came to the MU like Miles, but not much has been done with her since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    The function of this team is the same as Luke's team after the first Civil War meaning serving as opposed group to the one that won the war. The only difference is that Luke and the others were considered criminals unlike those young heroes who disagreeing with the methods of the old heroes using the political field.
    i think the difference here is that The New Champions formed after seeing just what the adults believe being a hero means and what has to be done to keep the peace

this team is mostly a result of the new generation clashing with the old generation's views and opinions they are just bright positive kids that want to inspire the world and bring about a true sense of justice

but the adults keep having wars with each other and acting like Nazi's about everything.....The New Champions think the old guard has lost it's way and have forgotten what being a hero means and what a hero is suppose to be

it brings you back to the old days of your youth when all you focused on was saturday morning cartoons and video games while the adults bickered about politics and the state of the country

when you grow older you start to see those things come into your world view and what those arguments can lead to.....you never thought much about them as a kid but as time passes by you get to see what the adults deal with everyday and how they solve their problems as opposed to how the newer generation would solve their problems

you just want to have a good time and have some peaceful days uninterrupted by the filth of the adult world.....but as i said when you get older that filth starts to seep into your life and it's up to you if you wanna struggle against it or give into it and just be another screaming ranting fool who wants to fight their neighbors about who they are voting for

So it looks like Robbie may actually end up joining the team:

The floor opened up to questions. A fan asked about seeing all of Marvel's new teen characters teaming up, and Alonso mentioned "Champions," which sees a lot of the new young heroes on the same group. "Maybe Robbie Reyes will show up down the road, spoiler alert," teased Alonso.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ded-marvel-now