Page 206 of 218 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3266

Anonymous asked:
    Hey jim! During NYCC just before the champions announcement, cebulski said to a young avengers fan theyd be back in 2019 (which made a lot of us think they'd be joining the champions) is it safe to assume the YA news is something unrelated to the relaunch?

That’s correct. Young Avengers is unrelated to the Champions relaunch.

I don’t know if any of the Young Avengers cast will show up in Champions at any point, and I don’t know anything specific right now about plans to relaunch YA. I’m forging ahead with my own Champions plans and trust that editorial will tell me if it’s something I need to know about.
    So for the short term, that's all of the Young Avengers ruled out as members or guest stars in Champions.

Anonymous asked:
    In terms of power set who do you consider to be the strongest Champion in the current team?

It depends on what you mean by “strong.”

Physical strength? Brawn.

Overall power? It would have been Nova before, but now that he’s lost his helmet it’s probably Viv since she can phase, fly, is super durable, can shoot beams from her forehead and has a super synthezoid brain connected to the internet. That’s a really flexible and useful power set that would give her an advantage in most scenarios and it’s not something she wears that can be taken away from her like Nadia’s outfit or Riri’s armor.
    Tell that to High Evolutionary, who did just that!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So for the short term, that's all of the Young Avengers ruled out as members or guest stars in Champions.
    Damn. I figure it is/was the best place for them to show up outside of a relaunch. Pretty sure Kelly Thompson doesn't plan to bring in any other Young Avengers outside of Kate, America and Noh-Varr in West Coast Avengers.

That question to Zub was prompted by Bleeding Cool's report that there were plans for them, so a relaunch may be in the works. But since it would take a few characters off limits for Zub, he'd need to know, so it won't be before the summer, I think.

I agree that barring a YA relaunch, this is the best place they could've shown up, with one exception - Cassie. Nadia's just had a mini-series with Scott Lang and didn't meet Cassie, even though she was mentioned and he took Nadia to see a baseball game at the end - that's suspiciously like father-daughter time, something he should be doing with Cassie. I think that was a missed opportunity for them to meet, and so maybe they could do that in Unstoppable Wasp.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    And? it wont stop people shipping them and you know what? it's not canon so let them write fanfics about Kamala and Miles, people is in their right to ship whoever they want.
    Yeah, it kind of comes across as "old man yells at cloud" getting bent out of shape at people shipping a pairing you don't like. Unless people are going out of their way to like harass creators in a bid to make their ship "canon," then they are literally harmless.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Anonymous asked:
    Will Scott Summers ever be coming back?

There are no current plans to bring Scott Summers back to Champions. He’s busy with events underway in the Extermination series happening in X-Men.
    Yeah, Extermination probably ends with him going to the past, and his adult self then gets revived shortly after (there a Cyclops focus annual solicited). So this response doesn't surprise me at all. Cyclops going forward will be the adult, and probably won't remember his time as a Champion.

wlwblckwidow asked:
    Is Riri Williams non-binary?

I get asked this question relatively frequently here on Tumblr.

I get asked similar questions about the gender identity and sexuality of Viv, Nadia, and Amka (though not Miles, Amadeus, or Sam for some reason - go figure).

The reason I haven’t responded to it before is because I don’t have a definitive answer I can give at this time and this isn’t the kind of thing I want to be sarcastic or dismissive about.

Please understand that, yes, I’m the writer on Champions and am able to make certain story elements happen, but I’m also writing characters part of a much larger structure. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that readers aren’t aware of.

So, in some ways the answer is simple, but it’s also complicated.
    The reason he isn't asked about the boys is because they're confirmed to be heterosexual. Nadia and Riri they should be asking their solo writers about.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-28-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Well, I got that wrong...
    spoilers:
    Cyclops is dead.
    end of spoilers

Someone asked Zub about the Kamala secret identity issue:
    Anonymous asked:
    Why do you think Ms. Marvel is so tight lip when it comes to revealing her identity to the other Champions? Won't that make them not trust her as much as they all seem to be willing to share their own identities to each other? If not with the current team what about the future members that will be joining?

It’s something I’ve thought about and am looking to address at some point in Champions, but beyond that I’ll leave it spoiler-free in terms of how I’m going to treat it.
    Core three are focus of issue LGY#28:
    Anonymous asked:
    I'm a big fan of Miles, Sam, and Kamala. I like how they grew from All-new-all-different avengers to the bond they shared in Civil War 2 to founding the Champions together. I'm not seeking any spoilers but I was wondering if that bond will still exist in 2019 Champions?

Yup! Miles, Sam, and Kamala are the core of Champions and crucial to the first arc of the relaunch starting in January.
    While Sparky has a significant role in issue 27, I guess that last instruction Viv left him comes into play:
    amazingmrhipster asked:
    Jim, all of the best comics dedicate an issue that shows a story told solely through the eyes of the book's lead canine. Should we expect an issue as told by Sparky the Synthidog during your run?

No plans for a Sparky-solo issue, but Sparky does have an important role to play in Champions #27, arriving in December.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-31-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Now on sale in the UK:

That contains the first half of Worlds Collide along with Uncanny Avengers #28 and the classic Avengers #16. I think the next issue is the rest of Worlds Collide plus the end of Uncanny Avengers, and then after that they're onto No Surrender. I wonder if Champions will remain in Avengers Universe from now on (or at least, once NS is over)? After No Surrender there's only one Avengers book to run - Hawkeye replaced Champions in Mighty World of Marvel and they can't run West Coast Avengers until that's done.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I can't help but feel that Riri and Miles are looking at a "WANTED" sign.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Probably for the best to leave Miles' being from the Ultimate Universe alone from here on. That annual WAS A MISTAKE. He was from Earth 1610, now he is chilling on Earth 616, the end. Done and dusted.

Even what little they already tried to delve into has been more trouble than its worth. He's here now, lets run with that.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm betting that Nature Girl will be the guest mutant. I don't foresee any of the Young/New X-Men/Academy X characters being considered as they're all considerably older creations than the majority of the current Champions by up to Ten years. Amadeus Cho being the only Champion who was created at the same time. I would assume Jim would try pulling from the more recent teen X-Man book, which would be the short lived Gen X relaunch. Nature Girl.

Lin is actually ruled out I think - she's involved in Age of X-Man.

Popular consensus over in the X forums seems to be Surge, Pixie, or Honey Badger.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lin is actually ruled out I think - she's involved in Age of X-Man.

Popular consensus over in the X forums seems to be Surge, Pixie, or Honey Badger.
    I would love to see Surge or Pixie in Champions. Another character I would love to see and I think would fit well would be Dust