Page 214 of 218 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218 LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3266
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the preview for the annual
    It looks like they're eating raw meat at dinner, which I remember from Nat Geo or so that Inuit do.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No Sam Cap in the 2010's or Falcon in the 70's? No Boom-Boom in the 90's? Straight into the T-T-T-Trash. Sorry, Phil. You know I love you, boo.
    Sam Cap was Remender so of course he got the boot.

No Mar-Vell family until Carol on the present day cover.

Extreme Trash.

Solicit for issue #3

CHAMPIONS #3
    JIM ZUB (W)
    STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS
    VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    • The ultimate sacrifice or the ultimate betrayal?
    • Ms. Marvel will find out the truth, even if it kills her...
    • Jim Zub (AVENGERS, UNCANNY AVENGERS) and Steven Cummings (Wayward, Legends of the Dark Knight) take the Champions into new territory, and the team will never be the same.

Solicit contains an empty threat there. Solo title = plot armour.

No Wasp solicit. Cancelled?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-18-2018 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

I was trying to think what the cover would represent so if the figure isn’t Amadeus (just based on the height and Zub’s comment that in 2019 we’d all be mad at him for torturing Amadeus too) I bet it’s the Master, who Sam’s allied with to get his powers back, but I don’t know how that would be a sacrifice... Maybe he has to give up his soul or something in return, and he sees it as a sacrifice for the good of the team?

Vote for Champions as most improved series and Snowguard as best new character in the Reddit r/comicbooks BestOf Awards here:
    https://s.surveyplanet.com/uRgFuajYT
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Solicit contains an empty threat there. Solo title = plot armour.

No Wasp solicit. Cancelled?
    Not cancelled, known to be a skip month because the book has fallen behind (which is a relief). Sorry not to have mentioned this before. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas though.

Astonishing Member

Vote for Champions as most improved series and Snowguard as best new character in the Reddit r/comicbooks BestOf Awards here:
    https://s.surveyplanet.com/uRgFuajYT
    My one problem is the implication that I didn't like the series prior to Jim Zub, or that I thought it needed "improvement", strictly speaking. I could vote on the notion of "went from awesome to awesomer", if voting that way will be perceived that way. Plus, the jury is still out on Sam Alexander and his fate in Zub's story, so I'm still worried for him and how he will be treated in practice. (Voting in favor of Snow Guard is more than doable, however. EDIT 3: But please don't hate me for picking Sideways. )

EDIT 1: Just going over it now, but I'm not a fan of the vast majority of these choices. Most of the entrants seem arbitrary, obscure, or vague. Or arbitrary, obscure, and vague. Most of this picks are things I haven't read or barely even heard of, if I head of them at all before this survey. Even their "underdog" picks feel shallow.

Like, I'm halfway down the list, and I don't see anything from Catalyst Prime, as an example.

I guess I'll keep going, but I dunno about this. There seems to be a certain bias to whatever way these entrants were chosen.

EDIT 2: Based on the choices for "most improved", it's as I thought. They're going from those that the loud internet crowd complained on. The Amazing Spider-Man being on that list gives it away, considering all the Dan Slott haters.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-26-2018 at 02:32 PM.

People nominated stuff, the mods picked out the ones with the most upvotes for this poll.

And personally, I did like Champions before and it is better now, but the writing isn't the only reason. The art now is so much better than what Ramos did.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if we’ll see any of the New Warriors from Yost’s run in this book.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

People nominated stuff, the mods picked out the ones with the most upvotes for this poll.

And personally, I did like Champions before and it is better now, but the writing isn't the only reason. The art now is so much better than what Ramos did.
    I’m currently reading the Champions from the beginning, and I’m loving Ramos on this. There’s so much energy to his pages here, and Waid’s funny. It’s probably my favorite teen book since Fabian Nicieza’s original New Warriors run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

I had a chance to read next week's new #1 and while I won't give any spoilers, I'll just say that it was a strong relaunch and I'm very curious as to what the reactions will be.

It definitely feels like Zub is working hard - in a good way - to justify the new #1 on the cover and give the title a renewed sense of purpose while retaining the qualities that have made it endearing in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m currently reading the Champions from the beginning, and I’m loving Ramos on this. There’s so much energy to his pages here, and Waid’s funny. It’s probably my favorite teen book since Fabian Nicieza’s original New Warriors run.
    It's exactly like a modern version of that. Really sweet.

OH AND ALSO THE WASP TRADES ARE UP FOR PRE-ORDER YA FILTHY TRADE WAITIN' ANIMALS ALL SMART PEOPLE EAT THEIR UWU

https://www.amazon.com/Unstoppable-W.../dp/130291426X
    https://www.amazon.com/Unstoppable-W.../dp/1302916564
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I had a chance to read next week's new #1 and while I won't give any spoilers, I'll just say that it was a strong relaunch and I'm very curious as to what the reactions will be.

It definitely feels like Zub is working hard - in a good way - to justify the new #1 on the cover and give the title a renewed sense of purpose while retaining the qualities that have made it endearing in the first place.
    OwO PogChamp
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ramos is very divisive. Just look in the Spider-Man section. People seem to like Ottley on ASM much more than him.