Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218
Results 3,256 to 3,266 of 3266
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For example? Storm?
    Zub mentioned Storm, but considering the time frame, I'm not sure how much of a comparable example that is. Things aren't quite what they were in the 80's. Not sure how "classic" Storm's time being powerless was for readers of that period, either.

We also don't know how well Sam'll end up post-story, which is the crux of the worry, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Let Sam develop some sword fighting skills, and make him a Black Knight analogue.
    I mean, I for one would be fine with that provided Sam didn't loose his heritage as a Nova for the sake of it.

It seems apparent that we can deduce every move Zub makes by reviewing an 80's Spider-Man or X-Book for a similar scenario. In which case, we know Sam's going to Africa.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Zub mentioned Storm, but considering the time frame, I'm not sure how much of a comparable example that is. Things aren't quite what they were in the 80's. Not sure how "classic" Storm's time being powerless was for readers of that period, either.

We also don't know how well Sam'll end up post-story, which is the crux of the worry, anyway.

I mean, I for one would be fine with that provided Sam didn't loose his heritage as a Nova for the sake of it.
    Richard Rider has lost his Nova powers several times over the years, yet he still retained his Nova heritage.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It seems apparent that we can deduce every move Zub makes by reviewing an 80's Spider-Man or X-Book for a similar scenario. In which case, we know Sam's going to Africa.
    I mean, that wouldn't be a bad storyline, depending on how it played out. (Though I get the feeling some would wish Miles go, and interact directly with Black Panther. If BP's not still in space... :/)

Richard Rider has lost his Nova powers several times over the years, yet he still retained his Nova heritage.
    Again, so long as Sam might be that generally fortunate.

Let Sam develop some sword fighting skills, and make him a Black Knight analogue.
    That...would take years of training. Sam would have to start as a page which means all his time would be spent with The Black Knight learning and he would have no time for The Champions. So "developing" skills is out. Unless you want to go the Kate Bishop route. That is when he inexplicably picks up the skills in no time and Marvel starts calling him "one of the two greatest knights to ever live" like Kate is "one of two greatest marksmen to ever live", resulting in someone asking me why I'm rolling my eyes while reading West Coast Avengers 6 where I saw this description used for the character.

He would have to get a magical shortcut, have him remember the fighting skills he picked up in the other world.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Magical shortcuts have happened before. See: Kitty Pryde and Psylocke with their ninja skills. He could just have the skills and memories of Weirdworld come back, and he have to deal with both the memories and the new skill set. Also, it’d be a great excuse to see Dane again.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Magical shortcuts have happened before. See: Kitty Pryde and Psylocke with their ninja skills. He could just have the skills and memories of Weirdworld come back, and he have to deal with both the memories and the new skill set. Also, it’d be a great excuse to see Dane again.
    Now you're talking. Maybe find an excuse for Dane to wield The Ebony Blade, yeah it's cursed but it looks cool and has a cool name and does cool things. If Katana over at DC can carry The Soultaker Sword I don't see why Dane can't carry The Ebony Blade.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Now you're talking. Maybe find an excuse for Dane to wield The Ebony Blade, yeah it's cursed but it looks cool and has a cool name and does cool things. If Katana over at DC can carry The Soultaker Sword I don't see why Dane can't carry The Ebony Blade.
    Yessssss. Give it other properties too. Like it can disrupt different energy fields, like Magik’s Soulsword. Maybe give him a new mystical armor with it. Give Ewing the keys to Dane, with a new mini. Maybe have Jacinto on art.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    For Red Devil, I was speaking on pre-Flashpoint's Teen Titans' Eddie. I did know he had a cameo-esque moment in Black Lightning and Blue Devil's story arc (loved that story!), but that was just that. His role never went past that and he was never Kid Devil/Red Devil.
    According to Heroes in Crisis, he was. Teen Titans got a continuity alteration thanks to Superman Reborn. Pre-Flashpoint continuity was apparently restored for the Titans (see also, Cyborg and Starfire being "old friends" in Justice League Odyssey, when in New 52 they were strangers), and New 52 TT (and it's version of Superboy) erased.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How would people feel if Sam got the Star brand? It gives a similar powerset to his Nova powers and it's currently without an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    How would people feel if Sam got the Star brand? It gives a similar powerset to his Nova powers and it's currently without an owner.
    I feel like Jason's gonna give it to Roz Solomon.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate