Page 31 of 218 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Some champions foreshadowing on cw #6

Apparently they know Tyke already pre CW II, I wonder if they didn't called him because they forgot, or they did but he took a while to arrive or something bad happened in CW II and that's the reason nova punches him, or I am thinking this too much...
    Not really......in fact, the readers will probably learn the answers within CIVIL WAR II #7 & CHAMPIONS #2 (soon).

They probably just thought he was already on a team, the All-New X-Men. Scott's going to ask to join, not be invited like the others were.

I guess it is just because Old Cyclop has made a bad impression during Death of X and some members of the Champions are not very keen to have him on the team.
    Last edited by ian0delond; 10-28-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    I guess it is just because Old Cyclop has made a bad impression during Death of X and some members of the Champions are not very keen to have him on the team.
    Well, how would you feel if Kid Hitler was part of your team ?.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It seems like there are Peter stans who are dreading Spider-Man being on the Avengers teams b/c Waid dumbs down Peter and can't write Spider-Man, so I'm just glad it's not just us seeing things, maybe Waid can't write Spiders characters.
    What I really like tho is that he rarely uses Miles' Venom Sting, which feels oversaturated due to Bendis using it for almost every fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Fair point, but Waid mentioned in an interview there's a big hypocrisy in that considering everything that happened in CW II and charging teen cyclops with the possibility of him becoming his older self. Can't wait to read champions #2, hopefully it'll deep and thoughtful and not generic

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    What I really like tho is that he rarely uses Miles' Venom Sting, which feels oversaturated due to Bendis using it for almost every fight.
    can't wait for waid to put miles against an enemy that gets stronger by absorbing miles venom sting

Fair point, but Waid mentioned in an interview there's a big hypocrisy in that considering everything that happened in CW II and charging teen cyclops with the possibility of him becoming his older self. Can't wait to read champions #2, hopefully it'll deep and thoughtful and not generic

can't wait for waid to put miles against an enemy that gets stronger by absorbing miles venom sting
    He said that? Can you give me a link?

Also, I think it's a very good idea that they are showing their powers. People who don't know much about these characters(like me) can get the idea of who they are.

BANNED

This one mentions cw II
    Short interview
    http://www.cbr.com/mark-waids-champi...-of-injustice/

This one doesn't mention cw II but it's pretty good
    http://www.cbr.com/live-champions-wa...ext-big-thing/

Also... Camping!
    Last edited by somacula; 10-29-2016 at 12:41 AM.

This is probably too early to ask and speculate over, but when Ghost Rider aka Robbie Reyes eventually joins like most speculated in the early pages based off those interviews, how is it gonna work; b/c if I remember it correctly, Robbie said he'd kill the most horrible people his uncle finds, considering Champions basically dealt with a sex trafficking clown, if Robbie was in issue #1 he would have killed that bad guy and wouldn't have stopped like Cho did.

So if there is a no killing policy how exactly is GR gonna stay on the team, unless that whole deal doesn't cross over into the team book...

Apparently they know Tyke already pre CW II, I wonder if they didn't called him because they forgot, or they did but he took a while to arrive or something bad happened in CW II and that's the reason nova punches him, or I am thinking this too much...
    You're thinking on this too much, although with the character placements it could have been a shout out.

~~

I need to appreciate how all the kiddies are drawn by Marquez, before I'm stuck with Ramos ...that actually sounded worse than I meant it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I feel the complete opposite, I want Waid to use it, it's best to see how other writers would use it so that people can stop using the word "op" to describe Miles venom sting instead of, idk saying something more nuance, like they want a longer more drawn out battle, or to see an opponent who could be or nearly be invulnerable like 1610!Scorpion or 1610!Taskmaster, or even 1610!Prowler (before the whole glitch incident). Of course if Waid actually utilizes venom sting and uses it more effectively than Bendis can you imagine the threads...

In any case, while I want Bendis to utilize Miles camouflage like Waid does, I'm happy that Bendis uses Miles venom sting, and I wouldn't mind if he uses it even more, make people grumble, make them roll their eyes, make them irritated, muhahahahhaha.

I enjoy people's anger over that particular subject

Astonishing Member

Riri looks like a Cyberman in the silver armour and that helmet (the groove in the top reminds me of the forehead guns from Revenge of the Cybermen). Also, how does that hair fit in there?

I assume you've seen the current model of Cybermen, that first appeared in Nightmare in Silver? Those look a lot like Iron Man. So it works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I feel the complete opposite, I want Waid to use it, it's best to see how other writers would use it so that people can stop using the word "op" to describe Miles venom sting instead of, idk saying something more nuance, like they want a longer more drawn out battle, or to see an opponent who could be or nearly be invulnerable like 1610!Scorpion or 1610!Taskmaster, or even 1610!Prowler (before the whole glitch incident). Of course if Waid actually utilizes venom sting and uses it more effectively than Bendis can you imagine the threads...

In any case, while I want Bendis to utilize Miles camouflage like Waid does, I'm happy that Bendis uses Miles venom sting, and I wouldn't mind if he uses it even more, make people grumble, make them roll their eyes, make them irritated, muhahahahhaha.

I enjoy people's anger over that particular subject
    No reason they shouldn't use it, I mean people are going to find a reason to complain about Miles anyway so there's no point in holding back anyway.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

First issue was great. The only characters I'll need some warming up to will be teen Cyclops and Viv. Also that 2nd cover makes Nova look like a real jerk. And why is he fighting Spider-Man in that variant cover? Logically it should be Miles vs Peter. Just one of those things.

Astonishing Member

Maybe It was Anti Mutant Hysteria! Maybe Sam hates Stinkin Mutie Freaks!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Not really......in fact, the readers will probably learn the answers within CIVIL WAR II #7 & CHAMPIONS #2 (soon).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Maybe It was Anti Mutant Hysteria! Maybe Sam hates Stinkin Mutie Freaks!
    No wonder Rich is taking back the helm
    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    First issue was great. The only characters I'll need some warming up to will be teen Cyclops and Viv. Also that 2nd cover makes Nova look like a real jerk. And why is he fighting Spider-Man in that variant cover? Logically it should be Miles vs Peter. Just one of those things.
    Recommended reading for Teen Cyclops if you're interested
    All new X v1 up to the trial of Jean Grey
    Cyclops v1 by Greg Rucka
    X men first class v1, v2 and finals