Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so the first issue is 48 pages....nobody has talked about
    I hope half of it isn't ads.
    Maybe some back up stories for Tyke and viv since they aren't the ones with their own solos?
    Also I wanna know how they're gonna react to the IvX...

Finally, this teams makes a better unity team than the uncanny avengers!
    Last edited by somacula; 07-25-2016 at 08:09 PM.

BANNED

and i hope to god that mark waid writes champions better than he's been writing ANAD Avengers that book feels like it's been put on auto pilot

BANNED

and i hope to god that mark waid writes champions better than he's been writing ANAD Avengers that book feels like it's been put on auto pilot
    I think the whole concept of ANAD avengers was flawed... It seems that they jusst wanted to mishmash most of their legacy characters into one book with no actual reason, and if there's any valid reason I'd like to know...
    I don't even understand how the hell did the avengers accepted 3 untrained kids into their main roster instead of... captain marvel, OG hulk, hawkguy and plenty of options with more experienced characters... I think people read avengers to read about earth mightiest heroes not more legacy characters than we already have.

At least from before civil war 2 I can guess what's the whole idea of forming the champions, it's correct to say that all earth heroes acted like a bunch of idiots since CW 2 started and the teen heroes wanted to form a team to make things differently, that's where the whole idea of champions lie, idealistic team that tries to do the right thing (unless kang or red skull comes, down with those bastards). Also they've got a lot to live up to considering the past marvel now flagships, like that failure of uncanny avengers that derived into the trainwreck of axis or ANAD avengers that's selling the same as the lowest selling X book (ANXM, and hopeless isn't even trying)
    Last edited by somacula; 07-25-2016 at 08:33 PM.

BANNED

i think most heroes weren't ready to team up with jackass tony stark so he was forced to make due with whatever scraps he could find to form another avengers team

not to mention all the heroes who were either potentially dead Or M.I.A. after secret wars

BANNED

i think most heroes weren't ready to team up with jackass tony stark so he was forced to make due with whatever scraps he could find to form another avengers team

not to mention all the heroes who were either potentially dead Or M.I.A. after secret wars
    I can agree with that because of Superior iron man or all the crap that happened in times runs out, but has it ever been brought up? And I'm sure stark wasn't the only jerk suring times runs out

Also all champion variants released so far to get hyped

BANNED

COnt

This one is my favorite

Also how was the reception of ANAD avengers here, in it's annoucement and during each issue?
    My best guess is that it was lukewarm because i felt there's nothing particularly big or controversial happening there and it was all self contained, but I'd like if someone tells me...

Also the best bet with champions is keep it controversial to make people talk , tyke is the young master of controversy

BANNED

a ghost rider variant and it's not even Robbie Reyes....

a ghost rider variant and it's not even Robbie Reyes....
    It's meant to be a callback to the original Champions line-up. All the variant do the same thing. Look, I'm a huge Robbie Reyes fan, and I will take any opportunity to praise or defend him. But these covers had no reason to include him. He's not on the team - yet - so it makes no sense to include him on the covers.

Incredible Member

Not sure why I'm really wanting this series.

I know nothing of the Vision girl nor an Amadeus cho Hulk. I figure a Hulk with Amadeus cho mind is a bit to powerful. (unless he can't access his chess like mind whilst in Hulk form).

I guess I just wonder who they will fight. Can we get a legacy character villain team plz?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post

I know nothing of the Vision girl nor an Amadeus cho Hulk. I figure a Hulk with Amadeus cho mind is a bit to powerful. (unless he can't access his chess like mind whilst in Hulk form).

I guess I just wonder who they will fight. Can we get a legacy character villain team plz?
    They're working on social issues it seems...
    Vision girl is part of Vision solo, you're missing a lot

So you haven't read The Vision or Totally Awesome Hulk? Put that right ASAP, The Vision is brilliant, and TAH is a fun read too.

Amadeus does have his own mind when he's the Hulk, but he's weaker as a result. He does occasionally black out, and is stronger in that mindless form. One issue had Enchantress use that to her advantage, resulting in a team up with an angry Thor (Jane Foster) in the next issue, as he cleans up his own mess!

Incredible Member

So both are good reads?

I may check them out then. I know Miles and Sam pretty well and love young Cyke. Miss Marvel is cool so now I'll have to read up on the other 2 to see how well they will "mesh".

BANNED

So both are good reads?

I may check them out then. I know Miles and Sam pretty well and love young Cyke. Miss Marvel is cool so now I'll have to read up on the other 2 to see how well they will "mesh".
    All of the teens are good reads with no gimmicks or agendas
    Tyke also had a 12 issue solo, it's him in a space road trip with his dad. Hopefully Waid will get Tyke characterization from there and not current ANXM which is hopeless in my opinion

So both are good reads?

Vision is amazing. It's Required Reading. One of the best comics Marvel has ever put out.

Fantastic Member

ANAD Avengers was a weird mishmash because it both wanted to be an Avengers book with threats of that level and a book focusing on the teen characters; Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man for example aren't going to shine fighting cosmic level threats. Splitting them into two different books will benefit both greatly in my mind.