Page 49 of 218 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    A question for you guys. I know this is NOT happening, but now Tyke is back on the X-men, who do you think should replace him on the team if he left?

I think it should definitely be another mutant to represent the X-franchise, so my pick would be Hope Summers.

Like Tyke, she's also a time traveler with leadership abilities and is even a member of the same (convoluted) family LOL.
    As someone who was the whole pivot of a war between two factions of heroes (AvX), I think she'd share a lot of the same feelings the Champions have towards the superhero community. She also needs purpose now that she's no longer the mutant messiah. The Champions would give her that.
    She'd also improve the male/female ratio, which would be cool.

What do you guys think?
    I'd prefer Scott's New X-Men Expy - Surge.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'd prefer Scott's New X-Men Expy - Surge.
    I really like Surge. I have to admit I've given up my hopes she'll ever get a big focus again

If Tyke does leave, I wouldn't want a replacement. It should be just a five members team.

BANNED

A question for you guys. I know this is NOT happening, but now Tyke is back on the X-men, who do you think should replace him on the team if he left?

I think it should definitely be another mutant to represent the X-franchise, so my pick would be Hope Summers.

Like Tyke, she's also a time traveler with leadership abilities and is even a member of the same (convoluted) family LOL.
    As someone who was the whole pivot of a war between two factions of heroes (AvX), I think she'd share a lot of the same feelings the Champions have towards the superhero community. She also needs purpose now that she's no longer the mutant messiah. The Champions would give her that.
    She'd also improve the male/female ratio, which would be cool.

What do you guys think?
    He just got here and you want him to leave so fast? It's like the third time someone asks for him to leave...

I'd also vote for surge aka Cyke stand in... Speedster nuker and bruiser, she'd give half of the team a run for their money
    Regarding hope, well she doesn't represent the X men or mutants AT ALL
    Last edited by somacula; 12-02-2016 at 07:31 AM.

How many times does it need to be said, he's not leaving, he'll be pulling double duty. Don't forget, so is Kamala, who is joining the Secret Warriors.

I can't foresee any roster changes before the next summer event, which means no sooner than issue 12. The only changes we should be getting before then are Scott's and Sam's uniforms, which will presumably be updated to match the new Nova volume and X-Men Blue once those launch.

Astonishing Member

I'm confused why are people saying he's leaving the team, he just joined?

Because X-Men Blue was announced and he's on that team. But as I and others keep saying, that doesn't mean he'll be leaving the Champions!

Did you guys actually read my post? I acknowledged he isn't really leaving, I was talking about a hypothetical. Jesus.

Astonishing Member

Kamala is on two teams, so is Scott.

Did you guys actually read my post? I acknowledged he isn't really leaving, I was talking about a hypothetical. Jesus.
    I merely considered it a thought exercise as well. Over in the X-Boards we are poking fun at the fact that Scott and Jean have picked up Logan's old ability to be on multiple teams at once (or a team and a road trip in Jean's case). They haven't reached the level where they can be on every single X-Team, 2 Avengers teams, and two simultaneous solo arcs like he was able to pull off though (Even Multiple Man was never able to manage THAT).
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 12-02-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Kamala is on two teams, so is Scott.
    I was hoping Marvel would stop that kind of crap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Not going to happen, as long as Marvel are selling their book (good or bad).

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Yeah, they had somewhat stopped that (I think Carol was the only on two teams for a while), but now they're back at it again. The X-books alone have Tyke and Old Man Logan pulling double duty already. Ms Marvel will also be doing that between Champions and Secret Warriors (lol).
    I really hate it. Takes space from characters not getting any spotlight.

I really like Surge. I have to admit I've given up my hopes she'll ever get a big focus again
    I actually believe Champions is one of the reasons we do not have young mutant heroes /legacy characters in Generation X.

The writer himself had to fight hard to include young Scott against the editors' will.

So obviously Surge never had a chance it was not to be mutant heroes in Champions originally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I actually believe Champions is one of the reasons we do not have young mutant heroes /legacy characters in Generation X.

The writer himself had to fight hard to include young Scott against the editors' will.

So obviously Surge never had a chance it was not to be mutant heroes in Champions originally.

The lack of new/legacy mutants falls under the X-office, Cyclops not being wanted by the editor could be because using a X-character out of their jurisdiction brings headaches and there's a ton of examples