Page 5 of 218 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I think the whole concept of ANAD avengers was flawed... It seems that they jusst wanted to mishmash most of their legacy characters into one book with no actual reason, and if there's any valid reason I'd like to know...
    I don't even understand how the hell did the avengers accepted 3 untrained kids into their main roster instead of... captain marvel, OG hulk, hawkguy and plenty of options with more experienced characters... I think people read avengers to read about earth mightiest heroes not more legacy characters than we already have.

At least from before civil war 2 I can guess what's the whole idea of forming the champions, it's correct to say that all earth heroes acted like a bunch of idiots since CW 2 started and the teen heroes wanted to form a team to make things differently, that's where the whole idea of champions lie, idealistic team that tries to do the right thing (unless kang or red skull comes, down with those bastards). Also they've got a lot to live up to considering the past marvel now flagships, like that failure of uncanny avengers that derived into the trainwreck of axis or ANAD avengers that's selling the same as the lowest selling X book (ANXM, and hopeless isn't even trying)
    Carol Denvers was doing important stuff with Alpha Flight and the Ultimates, plus a third job as member of A-Force. She couldn't waste time with Iron Man's Garage Avengers.

OG Hulk was depowered and not interested in joining any team.

Most other Avengers would join Steve Rogers's team rather than Tony Stark's low budget team (Tony has been kinda assholic for a long time and has had clashes with most fellow Avengers... if he doesn't even have money anymore, why would anybody want to join him?).

Tony Stark's team was made of Avengers who didn't get along with Steve Rogers (Tony and Sam Wilson) plus newbies (Jane Foster, Kamala, Miles and Kid Nova) plus Vision, who has been acting weird lately.

BANNED

Looks like Ghost Rider will be joining the team, Alonso mentioned big plans for Reyes when someone asked if a former champion would join.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Looks like Ghost Rider will be joining the team, Alonso mentioned big plans for Reyes when someone asked if a former champion would join.
    Well That would be good. Seems to me that the book needs just a little more tie in to the original. If it were me I'd add Young Bobby, Warren or Jean instead but you can't have everything.

I don't know why they didn't make Robbie a member from the start. He's just an obvious fit as both a somewhat fan-favorite new teen character like the other and as an organic tie to the previous Champions.

BANNED

After that last TA Hulk issue, I'm kind of warming up to see Cho on this team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    After that last TA Hulk issue, I'm kind of warming up to see Cho on this team.
    I think after the issue it makes more sense why Amadeus wants to keep distance from the avengers (apart from BP hulk buster)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

Robbie/Kamala/Miles love triangle?

BANNED

Plz no triangles

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Plz no triangles
    what about a pentagon ?
    Robbie/Kamala/Miles/Sam/Young Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    what about a pentagon ?
    No. Tyke is partnering with Viv. That way he won't be involved in triangles or romance(I say while laughing evilly)

But with the hopeful addition of Robbie Eyes, the Champions will have footholds in:

-Inhumanity
    -Mutants
    -Robots
    -Mutates
    -Super Science
    -Space
    -Supernatural/Magic

So...does the team need a badass normal?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't know why they didn't make Robbie a member from the start. He's just an obvious fit as both a somewhat fan-favorite new teen character like the other and as an organic tie to the previous Champions.
    He or someone else will probably join after 1st arc or 2nd arc to bring in New/more readers or boost sales.. I've noticed a few marvel books doing that recently..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    what about a pentagon ?
    No Love shapes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    ANAD Avengers was a weird mishmash because it both wanted to be an Avengers book with threats of that level and a book focusing on the teen characters; Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man for example aren't going to shine fighting cosmic level threats. Splitting them into two different books will benefit both greatly in my mind.
    it was weird because it seemed like mark waid had his hands tied with what he was allowed to do due to all the solo books involved with The ANAD Avengers cast and might have had to play it super safe as to not step on anyone's toes

hopefully champions gives mark waid a little more freedom since he doesn't have iron-man captain america(Sam Wilson)And Thor(Jane Foster)to look after

plus not being a mainline avengers book means he doesn't have to play it too safe and put it on auto-pilot like he did with ANAD Avengers
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 07-28-2016 at 11:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    No. Tyke is partnering with Viv. That way he won't be involved in triangles or romance(I say while laughing evilly)

But with the hopeful addition of Robbie Eyes, the Champions will have footholds in:

-Inhumanity
    -Mutants
    -Robots
    -Mutates
    -Super Science
    -Space
    -Supernatural/Magic

So...does the team need a badass normal?
    Tyke is the closest you'll get to a badass normal, he has no super strength or superseed or super reflexes or regeneration or a mechanical body or a force field, he's the glass canon of the team

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Tyke is the closest you'll get to a badass normal, he has no super strength or superseed or super reflexes or regeneration or a mechanical body or a force field, he's the glass canon of the team
    That or add Red Widow, who wil have a back-up story in the post-CWII Ms Marvel book. She actually mesh's well with the team, since she's been working in protecting the homeless people and poor immigrants of NY, whom she's part of.
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 07-28-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    Everything Lives!