Page 51 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Why do I feel like Vivian is going to be the leader for some reason?
    Well, she seems to have the most sense of the team, if only because she's as logic-minded as your typical Synthezoid.

Is......is Viv the "LGBT" member? I'll drop this book in a heartbeat (not rly I love these kids) if it's her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You have a weird sense of humor. Of course, that truck has protective Cho-tech or something.
    Come on.

When everything seemed to be over and the team arguing with Cho and yours supposed last words and then boom.

How could I not find this funny?

And my vote for team leader remains Kamala.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Is......is Viv the "LGBT" member? I'll drop this book in a heartbeat (not rly I love these kids) if it's her.
    What would be so bad about her being the LGBT member? (Especially since she's the only one Waid has free reign over)

So glad to see heroes doing hero stuff and not getting ready fight other heroes over the latest editorial mandated misunderstanding.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So . . . I think I'm actually done with this series. I wanted to love this book. I really did. Kamala! Viv! Scott! Others! A book about youths doing social justice stuff! Right up my wheelhouse!

But even I find it to be too heavy-handed, Waid writes the characters really poorly (especially Viv, who is nothing like she was in Vision), and I hate Ramos' art.

I have a hunch Viv will be revealed as asexual, and I don't trust Waid to handle it in a way that isn't incredibly clumsy and downright insulting to ace people, despite his good intentions.

Waid was the wrong choice for this book. A young POC would've been their best bet, but they went with Old White Dude Writes About These Hip Kids. Meh.

So, yeah, I'm out.

I really enjoyed this!!! Am also happy with the way Nova is being portrayed, for me anyway the core of this team is still (the Trio) Sam, Miles, Kamala. Am happy to see the others, but I would have bought the book regardless just for the Trio.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Loving the book as always, BUUT I think the book is still missing a bigger plotline. That's not something bad per se, if they make an adventure per issue it would be amazing, but knowing Mark Waid, it will join with Avengers for Infinity Wars.

Waid apparently missed Ms. Marvel #12, where Kamala learned it's not her right to interfere with other countries' problems.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

He probably hadn't read that issue at the time he wrote this: it only came out six weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He probably hadn't read that issue at the time he wrote this: it only came out six weeks ago.
    I'm pretty sure it's Wilson's and Amanat's job to inform other writers of this sort of thing in regards to Kamala.
    Last edited by Myetche; 12-08-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Wilson's and Amanat's job to inform other writers of this sort of thing in regards to Kamala.
    Have you seen the disaster that was Death of X ?. Marvel simply doesnt work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Waid apparently missed Ms. Marvel #12, where Kamala learned it's not her right to interfere with other countries' problems.
    Not what happened.

She learned that she has to know what is happening from locals and reminded herself that her home is in New Jersey.

She used the first lesson by asking the girls what to do.
    Kamala would not just go "yeah I could help, but you're not from my hood so nope".
    Last edited by ian0delond; 12-08-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Niffleheim

Too heavy handed for my taste and it's too boring for characters that i'm already following in their own solos. This it for me i'm not championing this anymore.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Not what happened.

She learned that she has to know what is happening from locals and reminded herself that her home is in New Jersey.

She used the first lesson by asking the girls what to do.
    Kamala would not just go "yeah I could help, but you're not from my hood so nope".
    You know, the moment the Champions leave, those extremists will likely come back and kill all the women anyway. So really, what did they actually accomplish?

Written properly, Kamala would have known that and pointed out to the team that they alone would not be able to solve a societal problem that plagued an entire country for hundreds-to-thousands of years, which would also tie into what she learned from her own book about meddling in foreign affairs.
    Last edited by Myetche; 12-08-2016 at 01:36 PM.