Page 52 of 218 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

They did the American thing of Invade and then Leave. WTF?? Does Waid have his head up his own ass with this story???? Why would i care about Champions when i'm still thinking about those girls left alone?
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-08-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Wilson's and Amanat's job to inform other writers of this sort of thing in regards to Kamala.
    moer like waid has to consult them

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    What would be so bad about her being the LGBT member? (Especially since she's the only one Waid has free reign over)
    A synthezoid? Really??? You wouldn't have a problem with the ONLY LGBT person being mostly a robot?

I honestly don't think this deserves a proper answer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    A synthezoid? Really??? You wouldn't have a problem with the ONLY LGBT person being mostly a robot?

I honestly don't think this deserves a proper answer.
    I think is discriminatory to say that synthezoids can't have a Sexual preference... You are talking as if Viv was less than a human when she's an individual with will and desire

That's mechaphobic.

Also, there is no way Cyclops is LGBT. And if Chulk, Ms Marvel, Nova or One-Sting-Man are, they need to be outed in their own series, by their own writers, not in Champions.
    So the only character left is Viv.

Chulk does not have his own series anymore so maaaaaybe.

But honestly, my guess is also Viv.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Chulk does not have his own series anymore so maaaaaybe.

But honestly, my guess is also Viv.
    Did totally awesome hulk got canned?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Did totally awesome hulk got canned?
    No, Totally Awesome Hulk is still going strong, and will be going into a little mini arc guest starring NBA player Jeremy Lin, and then going into the series next major arc guest starring a lot of Marvel's Asian heroes. Just check the Marvel Solicitations for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    You know, the moment the Champions leave, those extremists will likely come back and kill all the women anyway. So really, what did they actually accomplish?
    That was addressed in the story. The girl pointed out that the Champions fighting off the extremists wouldn't help in the long run, so she came up with a plan, where the Champions disrupted the extremist forces while staying hidden, to make it look like god is on the side of the women.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    …where the Champions disrupted the extremist forces while staying hidden, to make it look like god is on the side of the women.
    Exactly my take on it too. They made it seem that Allah caused the ground beneath their feet to erupt in a demonstration of His wrath.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think is discriminatory to say that synthezoids can't have a Sexual preference... You are talking as if Viv was less than a human when she's an individual with will and desire
    I mean, it's like how fans still try to counter the lack of diversity in Justice League with "What about Martian Manhunter?"

Like, I see the point but it's still tone-deaf.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, it's like how fans still try to counter the lack of diversity in Justice League with "What about Martian Manhunter?"

Well cyborg is half robot and I've read enough people saying that's racist to have half a man (also castrated until very recently) as their black member. And that's johns fault for not letting in John Stewart, or blue lighting, or Mr terrific, or steel or Vixen, any of the prominent black heroes dc have but don't wanna use in the JL

Well cyborg is half robot and I've read enough people saying that's racist to have half a man (also castrated until very recently) as their black member. And that's johns fault for not letting in John Stewart, or blue lighting, or Mr terrific, or steel or Vixen, any of the prominent black heroes dc have but don't wanna use in the JL
    Johns is a good writer, but he's also a fanboy. Cyborg is who he grew up with and Cyborg is what we will all get - despite me finding Steel and Mr. Terrific to be much, much better. The second was portrayed as someone Batman considered an equal (back when he considered almost no one to be such).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Not quite the same for me - J'onn may be able to look like any racial/ethnic group, but he's still a Martian underneath, while Viv IS a girl, despite being a synthetic one.

And as has been said - Viv is probably the only one Waid is allowed to do something like this with. Everyone else besides Scott has their own comic, and Cyclops is still somewhat beholden to the X-Office. So it's likely Viv or no one, although just because something seems likely doesn't mean it will happen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Johns is a good writer, but he's also a fanboy. Cyborg is who he grew up with and Cyborg is what we will all get - despite me finding Steel and Mr. Terrific to be much, much better. The second was portrayed as someone Batman considered an equal (back when he considered almost no one to be such).
    And Stewart would've been considered competition for his boy Hal Jordan, that's how they ended up stuck with cyborg and his cancelled when I'm sure characters like Stewart could carry their own movie as the green Lantern , Vixen her own minishow or black lighting who's gonna have a series in fox

Also more on cyborg half human state

https://www.google.com.pe/amp/s/them...-included/amp/

And lets not derail the thread anymore.

The point is that I hardly see characters like kamala becoming lesbian (I don't think Wilson would allow it), miles (isn't he dating spider gwen and Bendis denied his homosexuality), or Tyke (yeah no way if adult cyclops is the proof of that)
    Last edited by somacula; 12-08-2016 at 07:43 PM.