Page 54 of 218 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he's a Spider-Man in a team book, so that's kind of a given isn't it ?

Better then the alternatives at least.
    And it's only been three issues with two group skirmishes so far, the first of which was the team's first mission together. As long as Champions gets through major Marvel events unscathed I'm sure we'll get some degree of Miles focus at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    That's mechaphobic.

Also, there is no way Cyclops is LGBT. And if Chulk, Ms Marvel, Nova or One-Sting-Man are, they need to be outed in their own series, by their own writers, not in Champions.
    So the only character left is Viv.
    There doesn't need to be an "outing." Just because a character isn't straight doesn't automatically mean they are in a closet. Amadeus, Sam and Miles (even Kamala) never said they were straight.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I think is discriminatory to say that synthezoids can't have a Sexual preference... You are talking as if Viv was less than a human when she's an individual with will and desire
    When did I say that synthezoids can't have sexual preferences? Neither do I say that she's less human when she has a will. Wowza, it's like you're just making up things to further your own points!

Spectacular Member

Wow how cringe is the "topical" Champions.

Nothing worse then misinformed artists making statements.

The best part was when the "terrorists" were defeated by being lectured.

Some problems can not be solved easily even with super powers but this is not the mission of Champions is about helping people and sending a positive message to the world or hope.

You can not kill an idea or symbol it spreads, it grows and one day with luck it becomes so powerful that it can no longer be contained no matter the size of the violence and hate used to prevent it.

That's what Kamala and the others gave to these womens.

People may disagree, may prefer not to have political messages in comics, some believe that countries should not interfere in problems in other countries and maybe they are right but where is compassion and humanity? If you see someone needing help you help is that simple.

And much better than seeing heroes destroying cities and fighting each other.

Spectacular Member

I dont mind topical art so long as there is an understanding of what is going on, for an example look at the directors cut of Apocalypse Now.

Boko Haram and ISIS are able to do what they do because they might be monsters but they provide stability to the regions they are in. I guess people really think that these organizations could exist with out popular support.

Nigeria, Iraq, and Libya are all plagued with corruption and oppression. Iraq and Nigeria the states themselves are the sponsors of it, Libya has devolved into the natural state by outside intervention.

The idea that hashtags and good intentions have the power to make these places more stable is incredibly arrogant and leads to stuff like the toppling of ghaddafi in Libya or dividing up Sudan.

Also #bringourgirlsback didnt actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    There doesn't need to be an "outing." Just because a character isn't straight doesn't automatically mean they are in a closet. Amadeus, Sam and Miles (even Kamala) never said they were straight.
    I meant "outing" as revealing their sexuality to the readers. That's something that should be up to Bendis, Wilson, Pak or Loveness, not to Waid.
    Now concerning "outing" in-universe, I still think they would need one if they were LGBT. They are not like D-Man or Eros who can just casually show that they are not heterosexual. They are teenagers who have their own ongoings, so if there is no sign that they are gay, it's because they are not or because they didn't discover/reveal it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I meant "outing" as revealing their sexuality to the readers. That's something that should be up to Bendis, Wilson, Pak or Loveness, not to Waid.
    Now concerning "outing" in-universe, I still think they would need one if they were LGBT. They are not like D-Man or Eros who can just casually show that they are not heterosexual. They are teenagers who have their own ongoings, so if there is no sign that they are gay, it's because they are not or because they didn't discover/reveal it yet.
    You act as if all teens, in this day and age, still "come out of the closet." They CAN be casually shown that they aren't straight. It makes for a more progressive tactic by not putting so much heat on the topic. Also, there doesn't need to be "signs" of someone's sexuality before revealing it. Stop treating non-hetero sexualities like some sort of mystery. Morph never had any "signs" and neither did Anole. Even Iceman (because any scenes used as "proof" for him being gay weren't originally created to be interpreted that way).

Mighty Member

Well I don't read Chulk, and viv doesn't have her own series, but they've shown everyone else to be hetero so far.

Nova had a girlfriend and has a crush on another and is shown to constantly be that preteen boy he falls for girls all the time.

Don't know if miles ever had a gf before, but he's about to hook up with SpiderGwen...btw, wtf is up with that?

Kamala has shown an interest in at least one boy (who turned out to be evil) but I'm pretty sure if she was anything other than straight she would've mentioned it when her friend came out of the closet to her.

None of this really proves that any of them aren't lgbt, they could all technically be bi or not realize yet, but I still think it's safe to say that they're all straight.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    Wow how cringe is the "topical" Champions.

Nothing worse then misinformed artists making statements.

The best part was when the "terrorists" were defeated by being lectured.
    More than that happened in the story. It's not like the girl made a speech and then the terrorists said, "we're sorry. we won't do it again" the end.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I dont mind topical art so long as there is an understanding of what is going on, for an example look at the directors cut of Apocalypse Now.

Boko Haram and ISIS are able to do what they do because they might be monsters but they provide stability to the regions they are in. I guess people really think that these organizations could exist with out popular support.

Nigeria, Iraq, and Libya are all plagued with corruption and oppression. Iraq and Nigeria the states themselves are the sponsors of it, Libya has devolved into the natural state by outside intervention.

The idea that hashtags and good intentions have the power to make these places more stable is incredibly arrogant and leads to stuff like the toppling of ghaddafi in Libya or dividing up Sudan.

Also #bringourgirlsback didnt actually work.
    True. But no thoughtful person thinks that hashtags alone change things. It is one of the many ways though that people communicate. A generation ago someone might have gone to the press or circulated flyers or something. It's a way for people to call attention to their cause. It's not an end in itself.

The issue was good. I think Cyclops is the best candidate to be team leader, because to me Cho is too arrogant and I think he should be the team's scientist, Miles & Sam are not really interested in being team leaders they could be the scout and response to interstellar threats respectivelty, Vivian could be the team's analyst and Kamala seems likes she too desperate to lead (It reminds me when she said "Avengers Assemble!" in the first issue of ANAD Avengers, it seems that she always wanted to lead her own team just like her idols) but she doesn't have enough amount of experience such as Cyclops, Cho and Miles but she can be the team's voice-of-reason.

Mighty Member

...Maybe I'm "whats wrong with comics"...but I just want to see this team punch bad guys .

Also, get rid of Chulk and get a new artist. Ramos art is to exaggerated for this title.

Mighty Member

Also, in regards to viv, I think instead of exploring her sexuality, it'd be much more interesting to explore whether or not she is a person or a machine. I know that this stories been told all the time with characters like cyborg, but I think it would be a lot more interesting through the eyes of a teenager.

Mass Effect did a really good job trying to get you to qualify what would or would not be considered alive or not.

BANNED

Guys...
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...Selling-Comics

Champions #2 is 40 something, probably around 60k sales...

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    ...Maybe I'm "whats wrong with comics"...but I just want to see this team punch bad guys .

Also, get rid of Chulk and get a new artist. Ramos art is to exaggerated for this title.
    I don't know waht your opinion is about middle east politics but taliban are rarely not depicted as "bad guys".

I guess this is just not the book you are looking for. Waid while he was promoting the book said if the Champions were fighting the Circus of Crime by issue 6, it would be a failure.