Page 7 of 218 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Although Kamala IS a legacy hero to someone who does have serious outer space ties, so there is that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hm...well it could go towards a possible repair of the Marvel name if the pooch is really screwed in CW2. Maybe a crossover/team up with Hulkling?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Although Kamala IS a legacy hero to someone who does have serious outer space ties, so there is that.
    Yes but she is not cosmic level at least not yet. Nova is around for that.

Nova is Cosmic.
    Tyke is Mutants.
    Ms Marvel is Inhumans.
    Vision's Daugther is Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'd argue that, outside of the name and perhaps really being generous to her Inhuman roots, Kamala isn't really that much of a legacy hero to Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, and to other generations of heroes, Marvel's teen heroes who are not part of the X-Books actually age!
    Cassie is 16/17 now, she was stated to be 14 in the first YA.
    Miles started as 14/15, he's now 16/17.
    Cho was 16, now he's 19.
    Etc.
    Miles started out as a 13 year old. He was 15 when the Incursion destroyed 1610, and he's aged another year due to the post Secret Wars timeskip, making him now 16.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Yes but she is not cosmic level at least not yet. Nova is around for that.

Nova is Cosmic.
    Tyke is Mutants.
    Ms Marvel is Inhumans.
    Vision's Daugther is Tech.
    Well Tyke dad is Corsair so he has direct cosmic ties through that, he even enjoys being an space pirate. Also he bonded more with his dad in his own solo than OG cyclops in 50 years of comics.

Also Tyke is not a legacy hero, he's some sort of reverse legacy? Pseudo legacy... Can't tell, he should probably be 18 at the time, altough Ramos is drawing him like a 16 year old

He should be 18, because that's how old he was in the earliest X-Men comics. But for some reason, the time displaced Cyclops has been stated to be 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He should be 18, because that's how old he was in the earliest X-Men comics. But for some reason, the time displaced Cyclops has been stated to be 16.
    Bendis happened.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Bendis happened.
    Actually, I think his age when he first joined the school was retconned years ago. It's one of those things that everyone just kinda forgot. Everyone assumed he was 16 back then, and that just became accepted knowledge, and I'm pretty sure has been made canon. Jason Aaron, for example, had him say he's been fighting Sentinels since he was 15.

But no, by all means, it's entirely Bendis' fault. Everything is Bendis' fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Actually, I think his age when he first joined the school was retconned years ago. It's one of those things that everyone just kinda forgot. Everyone assumed he was 16 back then, and that just became accepted knowledge, and I'm pretty sure has been made canon. Jason Aaron, for example, had him say he's been fighting Sentinels since he was 15.

But no, by all means, it's entirely Bendis' fault. Everything is Bendis' fault.
    Well for ANXM Tyke yeah but if Bendis was the last one to mention it, he takes credit/blame for the retcon. At least until the next one comes.

...Seriously first the Lee era, then children of the Atom, then Xmen season 1. I honestly don't know which is the one being used.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

BANNED

this topic was started a week ago and it's gotten more pages than the songbird appreciation topic created last year....(which only has 6)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Well for ANXM Tyke yeah but if Bendis was the last one to mention it, he takes credit/blame for the retcon. At least until the next one comes.

...Seriously first the Lee era, then children of the Atom, then Xmen season 1. I honestly don't know which is the one being used.
    I think regarding Cyclops there's really no need to expand or create a new dark twisted sad tear jerker origin story that is the staple of many heroes. He can simply be a mutant boy that wants to help other people, his past only comes back when necessary.
    Now with teen Cyke you got one big continuity mess that marvel doesn't feel like sorting out, I think Rucka simply explained that he was an X man for a few months and then he was brought into the future/present to face his older self, over that you got all his past origins combined, and his fate / destiny in the form of old Cyclops. Now that's a continuity snarl worth of DC

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    this topic was started a week ago and it's gotten more pages than the songbird appreciation topic created last year....(which only has 6)
    I think having a lot of legacy characters that have some sort of popularity (and most of them solos) should bring a level of success, with their own team they can do their own thing apart from the avengers and the X men and the Inhumans. Marvel is pushing these guys hard, I mean they solved a rights issue with another company, their formation post CW II seems logical (most Champions are team Tony or against carol), and most characters have been established for a few years instead of creating a bunch of legacy characters out of nowhere. Now let's just hope Waid avoids triangles

BANNED

how about let's hope waid doesn't put this book on auto pilot like ANAD Avengers?

i swear Waid has no idea what he's doing in that book

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    how about let's hope waid doesn't put this book on auto pilot like ANAD Avengers?

i swear Waid has no idea what he's doing in that book
    He's mostly telling old fashioned avengers stories. So yeah they're more self contained and come off as single stories. I don't think he's on auto pilot at all. I'm quiet liking them.

Ages:
    YA cast when it started.

Billy, Teddy, Speed and Eli were all roughly 15
    Kate was 16 I believe
    Cassie was 14 at the start

Billy and Teddy aged normally I think they're now 18 or so, same with Speed and Eli
    Kate was changed to 23 due to Gillian wanting her older for plot reasons. So they pushed her up from the same age as the others to 19 during YA V2
    America was roughly 17 then was 18 in YA
    Loki's about 19 to 21 in AoA and now I think he's supposed to be 22 or 23 at oldest, but much older in reality
    Nor Varr came in at 19, he's now about 24 or something of the like
    Cassie due to being reborn was 14 at the start of Ant man she's now 15 roughly
    Kamala was 15 at the start, she's about 16 now
    Sam I think was 14 and now he's 15
    Lunella is the youngest right now at 8 going on 9, or 9 going on 10
    Riri who's just come into play is 15 or 16 I think
    Ahura is 16ish

Runaways that remain: Victor is hard to tell I think he's 17 or so, Chase and Nico are both roughly 18 or 19, maybe older. Molly is 12 along with Klara

X-men: Laura came in at age 16 or 17, she's now about the same age as Katie, 23, Most of the younger x-men are about 16 to 22 right now. Wolverine's cast aged about a year so Quinten is 18 now.

BANNED

it's just in ANAD Avengers Miles Morales Kamala Khan And Sam Alexander seem like...Wallpaper

nothing much has been done with them honestly....the book reads like one big gimmick that tries to play it far too safe