Page 74 of 218 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3266
    BANNED

Yeah that was dumb.

Did anyone else noticed they screwed up Tyke's costume?

3.jpg4.jpg

I don't know if it was Ramos' fault or the colorist's.

Astonishing Member

I really don't get this book as of late. The Freelancers are so painfully one dimensional here and their Monsters Unleased appearance was only a bit better.

And as far as trademarks go I'm not sure that's even a viable target as such. I thought the Champions in universe WAS a trademarked name already. There was even a funny bit in a Greak Lakes Avengers story where they "won" the name from Hercules or Thing as the Avengers were basically telling them to cease calling themselves that.

It's just such a lazy story prospect at this point. I hope the next issues just has everyone who's ever used the Champions name cameo and point out how stupid that is (using the name commerically) as dozens of heroes speak up against it causing all investors who "own" the name now (somehow) to drop it and transfer it to the team. That's about all I can expect to make this story not a complete waste.

^The current GLA storyline actually involves copyright as well. It seems that Flatman is the only one with a legit claim to the Avengers trademark (it happened so early it's in issue 1's preview). Though how that happened is strange, as you'd think with Iron Man, Hulk, Hank Pym and Thor either offworld or incapacitated, it would default to the only other original Avenger - Janet van Dyne, the Wasp, who is actually active on one of the proper Avengers teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

3.jpg4.jpg

What's worse, is that this was scheduled to be the final appearance of that costume, as X-Men Prime takes place between #7 and #8, the latter's cover shows him in his new uniform.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-06-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

3.jpg4.jpg

tbh the latter costume looks cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^The current GLA storyline actually involves copyright as well. It seems that Flatman is the only one with a legit claim to the Avengers trademark (it happened so early it's in issue 1's preview). Though how that happened is strange, as you'd think with Iron Man, Hulk, Hank Pym and Thor either offworld or incapacitated, it would default to the only other original Avenger - Janet van Dyne, the Wasp, who is actually active on one of the proper Avengers teams.What's worse, is that this was scheduled to be the final appearance of that costume, as X-Men Prime takes place between #7 and #8, the latter's cover shows him in his new uniform.
    Who knows what Death and Resurrection does to one's legal rights? Do things that normally pass on after death stay passed on, or do they revert if you return to life after a few years? Trademarks are probably even dicier, since they need to be actively defended in order to be kept, and one can't do that when they are dead.

BANNED

Champions is marketed to Scholastic (they even ordered the first issue despite being usually focused on collections) so it's not to be compared with an Avengers book. It's one of the books they grade for 6-12 (years old).

Astonishing Member

CBR's Latest Article about the Champions' roles within the SECRET EMPIRE Event is being discussed here.

And here's a preview of #1 featuring half of the Champions, Falcon, and Nadia.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...ire-1-preview/
    Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Champions is marketed to Scholastic (they even ordered the first issue despite being usually focused on collections) so it's not to be compared with an Avengers book. It's one of the books they grade for 6-12 (years old).
    But Great Lakes Avengers is a comedy book. It probably was getting marketed to that crowd.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-07-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

It's important to note that kamala will be leaving the
    Champions during the crisis of the secret empire conflict to join the secret warriors with quake/daisy johnson and quake among other inhumans as a inhuman resistance like force,
    And Scott is leaving to help his X-men blue teammates during the conflict, both X-men blue and secret warriors will have their own secret empire tie in arc.

And Sam will be in space with Carol and her alpha flight forces along with the guardians of the galaxy and the ultimates facing off against the chitari invasion force.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-07-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Champions during the crisis of the secret empire conflict to join the secret warriors with quake/daisy johnson and quake among other inhumans as a inhuman resistance like force,
    And Scott is leaving to help his X-men blue teammates during the conflict, both X-men blue and secret warriors will have their own secret empire tie in arc.

And Sam will be in space with Carol and her alpha flight forces along with the guardians of the galaxy and the ultimates facing off against the chitari invasion force.
    With Scott that's something I approve of (and wish they would do with other characters during events), the ability to be in two places at the same time isn't a power most characters have - although I would love to see a crossover that brings X-Men: Blue and the Champions together (and either Viv or Kamala insisting that Scott lead the joint mission as he's the only one familiar with both groups).

But Great Lakes Avengers is a comedy book. It probably was getting marketed to that crowd.
    Y'know, outside the pointy hair, Cho's Hulk sometimes looks a heck of a lot like the original article...

Is that Riri Williams driving the Fantasticar?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post

I don't think Cyke and Kamala are leaving for real. I prefer Cyclops with the X-men, but Kamala makes more sense as a Champion than as Secret Warrior.
    I don't like when characters pull double duty, so it would be interesting to see who'd replace them if they were indeed leaving.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think Cyke and Kamala are leaving for real. I prefer Cyclops with the X-men, but Kamala makes more sense as a Champion than as Secret Warrior.
    I don't like when characters pull double duty, so it would be interesting to see who'd replace them if they were indeed leaving.
    Falcon, Iron Heart, Wasp (Nadia Pym).