Page 87 of 218 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3266

Yeah, I'm sorry, if Ms. Marvel leaves, I leave too. Nothing against any of the other Champions members, since over the course of reading this book I've grown incredibly fond of them, but Kamala was always the main reason I got the book. Of course that would leave me in an odd rut since that would leave Champions incomplete when looking at my shelf of comic TPB's. At least ANAD Avengers properly ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am a little worried about Sam .
    I am too
    Am a Big Nova/Sam fan and I loved this last run with Rich and Sam, it was perfect. I will be dropping Champions too it seems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Endeavor to persevere.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Maybe there's a chance they'll avert the divided team trope and all the members stay together? (Or am I just kidding myself)

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Maybe there's a chance they'll avert the divided team trope and all the members stay together? (Or am I just kidding myself)
    No kamala khan is leaving the team and staying with the secret warriors muhahaha(:

Looks like Champions won't be immune to the effects of "event transition". Let's see who we have:

-Ms Marvel
    -Spider-Man
    -Nova
    -Hulk
    -Cyclops
    -Viv
    -Wasp
    -Ironheart
    -Falcon
    -Patriot
    -Red Locust

This is honestly a hard one. Wasp is most likely leaving since she's already on the Avengers. Riri joining the Champions is supposed to be one of the "paths" that Bendis has been hinting at for Riri so maybe she might leave to reconsider a permanent spot. Looks like Kamala might leave which would super suck because it was the trio (K-M-S) that left the Avengers together and started the Champions together. Cyclops is iffy because Mark Waid begged for him to join but he's would also be doing double-duty and they are trying to trim down the roster. So that leaves:

-Spider-Man
    -Nova
    -Hulk
    -Viv
    -Falcon
    -Patriot*
    -Red Locust

*I don't know what the hell they are gonna do with his character. Like literally no clue. I really hope he gets moved to a supporting role in Captain America or becomes a Defender or something so we can possibly get Kamala back. I like the character so far but not at the expense of Ms. Khan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Looks like Champions won't be immune to the effects of "event transition". Let's see who we have:

-Ms Marvel
    -Spider-Man
    -Nova
    -Hulk
    -Cyclops
    -Viv
    -Wasp
    -Ironheart
    -Falcon
    -Patriot
    -Red Locust

This is honestly a hard one. Wasp is most likely leaving since she's already on the Avengers. Riri joining the Champions is supposed to be one of the "paths" that Bendis has been hinting at for Riri so maybe she might leave to reconsider a permanent spot. Looks like Kamala might leave which would super suck because it was the trio (K-M-S) that left the Avengers together and started the Champions together. Cyclops is iffy because Mark Waid begged for him to join but he's would also be doing double-duty and they are trying to trim down the roster. So that leaves:

-Spider-Man
    -Nova
    -Hulk
    -Viv
    -Falcon
    -Patriot*
    -Red Locust

*I don't know what the hell they are gonna do with his character. Like literally no clue. I really hope he gets moved to a supporting role in Captain America or becomes a Defender or something so we can possibly get Kamala back. I like the character so far but not at the expense of Ms. Khan.
    That Riri path felt more of Bendis way of giving his characters the "OMG U R SO KEWL" thing, but honestly I have put it out there a lot what does it matter if someone is on another team or not there are no comic laws against it, and unless that team has a "us or them" rule it should be fine. I could only see it be a problem if the teams the character(s) were on were 2 similar, but Ms. Marvel: Champions = A Superhero team to take on the less violent problems out there, and to start the spark to get the ball running. Secret Warriors = Inhumans taking up the protection the Royal family did, but secretly.

BANNED

For me, there's certainly an ideal Champions line-up. I think it's important to retain the core members, that being Kamala, Miles and Sam, for they're the founding members and the most significant. Next up, I think Viv needs to stay with the team, as she doesn't really fit anywhere else right now, and she's a cool 'legacy' character. I'd like her to get a codename though, even if she just adopts the Vision mantle. I'm not a big fan of Amadeus, but he does suit the Champions vibe. As for Cyclops, he's pretty cool but I'm not so sure he's necessary here. Perhaps substitue him for another mutant (Loa perhaps?) Beyond that, it's sort of hard to tell. Nadia I think is pretty cool, and if she leaves the Avengers (with Janet probably stepping up again) then I think Champions is probably a good place for her. I really don't like Joaquin, and I'm curious if anyone does geuinely like him. Patriot is too new of a character to say anything one way or the other, but I'm in the crowd who is bothered that Eli Bradley was completely ignored in regards to the Patriot identity. I didn't really take to Red Locust, and I'd rather there was a focus on existing characters rather than new ones that are somewhat sub-par. As for Ironheart, I've noticed a vocalisation of people bashing her as a character, so I'm not so sure they should continue pushing her character so much. A team book might just be the best place for her to be right now.

I'd consider adding Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon) as another Legacy character who takes plenty of inspiration from Spider-Woman (both Jessica and Julia). I'd love to see her here. Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) is wihout a spot in the MU right now, and I think he fits perfectly for two reasons. 1.) his Secret Wars romance with Kamala Khan and 2.) it mirrors the original Champions team.

So as a whole, my ideal Champions lineup would be:
    • Ms. Marvel
    • Spider-Man
    • Nova
    • Viv Vision

with some of the following, either on a permanent or temporary basis
    • Amadeus Cho
    • Loa
    • Ghost Rider
    • Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
    • Ironheart
    • Wasp

If Riri leaves i would like to see Red Hornet replace her http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Melinda...gh_(Earth-616)

Janet won't be on a new core Avengers team. She's already on the Unity Squad. I don't think Nadia being an Avenger is an obstacle to her being a Champion, because I think the current Avengers are breaking up anyway. If Ultimates2, not solicited for September, has been cancelled, that would free up both Black Panther and Captain Marvel, who I think would be part of a new lineup, Panther taking over both Sam Wilson's leadership role (solicit indicates he may be retiring from superheroics) and Spider-Man's bankroller role (due to events in Amazing - even if he doesn't leave the team, he can probably no longer fund it). The Ultimates HQ, the Triskelion, could take over as the Avengers HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    For me, there's certainly an ideal Champions line-up. I think it's important to retain the core members, that being Kamala, Miles and Sam, for they're the founding members and the most significant. Next up, I think Viv needs to stay with the team, as she doesn't really fit anywhere else right now, and she's a cool 'legacy' character. I'd like her to get a codename though, even if she just adopts the Vision mantle. I'm not a big fan of Amadeus, but he does suit the Champions vibe. As for Cyclops, he's pretty cool but I'm not so sure he's necessary here. Perhaps substitue him for another mutant (Loa perhaps?) Beyond that, it's sort of hard to tell. Nadia I think is pretty cool, and if she leaves the Avengers (with Janet probably stepping up again) then I think Champions is probably a good place for her. I really don't like Joaquin, and I'm curious if anyone does geuinely like him. Patriot is too new of a character to say anything one way or the other, but I'm in the crowd who is bothered that Eli Bradley was completely ignored in regards to the Patriot identity. I didn't really take to Red Locust, and I'd rather there was a focus on existing characters rather than new ones that are somewhat sub-par. As for Ironheart, I've noticed a vocalisation of people bashing her as a character, so I'm not so sure they should continue pushing her character so much. A team book might just be the best place for her to be right now.

I'd consider adding Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon) as another Legacy character who takes plenty of inspiration from Spider-Woman (both Jessica and Julia). I'd love to see her here. Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) is wihout a spot in the MU right now, and I think he fits perfectly for two reasons. 1.) his Secret Wars romance with Kamala Khan and 2.) it mirrors the original Champions team.

So as a whole, my ideal Champions lineup would be:
    • Ms. Marvel
    • Spider-Man
    • Nova
    • Viv Vision

with some of the following, either on a permanent or temporary basis
    • Amadeus Cho
    • Loa
    • Ghost Rider
    • Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
    • Ironheart
    • Wasp
    If we are going to need a new mutant I would like surge or blindfold to be on the team

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Janet won't be on a new core Avengers team. She's already on the Unity Squad. I don't think Nadia being an Avenger is an obstacle to her being a Champion, because I think the current Avengers are breaking up anyway. If Ultimates2, not solicited for September, has been cancelled, that would free up both Black Panther and Captain Marvel, who I think would be part of a new lineup, Panther taking over both Sam Wilson's leadership role (solicit indicates he may be retiring from superheroics) and Spider-Man's bankroller role (due to events in Amazing - even if he doesn't leave the team, he can probably no longer fund it). The Ultimates HQ, the Triskelion, could take over as the Avengers HQ.
    I think it's fairly likely all of the Avengers teams will be the most impacted by Legacy. Whether this means a more classic incarnation with founding members, or something that resembles the MCU, or something else entirely. I'm very interested to see what this looks like, as I generally find there's at least one member of any given team I'm not fond of lol. I'd love Black Panther back on a core Avengers team. And I'm very interested in the Triskelion being used more often. It makes sense for it to remain in use, and leaves the Avengers mansion open for another team to occupy it

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    If we are going to need a new mutant I would like surge or blindfold to be on the team
    I love Surge and Blindfold, but I was trying to figure out who is the most likely to fit the team. Loa has history with Avengers Academy, and she has ties to both the mutants and to Atlantis. And she's pretty much a blank slate in terms of character history, as much more has been done with Surge and Blindfold, and that then requires further ability from the writer

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think it's fairly likely all of the Avengers teams will be the most impacted by Legacy. Whether this means a more classic incarnation with founding members, or something that resembles the MCU, or something else entirely. I'm very interested to see what this looks like, as I generally find there's at least one member of any given team I'm not fond of lol. I'd love Black Panther back on a core Avengers team. And I'm very interested in the Triskelion being used more often. It makes sense for it to remain in use, and leaves the Avengers mansion open for another team to occupy it
    Yeah - the Mansion, I think, will return to being the Unity Squad's base.

Champions #10 preview:

http://www.cbr.com/champions-10/

Kamala's in hiding in New Mexico? Pretty sure that contradicts Secret Warriors, where she was still in New Jersey until she joined Daisy's team, just avoiding suiting up because people know that Ms. Marvel is Inhuman but DON'T know that Kamala Khan is.

Yeah, when Mark Waid said something about this being a story to rescue Kamala, it seemed like he didnt know Secret Warriors was going over that. Also dumb that, especially in an event, editorial can't keep every character in a certain place.
    Last edited by Tycon; 06-30-2017 at 04:31 AM.