Page 89 of 218 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3266
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala's in hiding in New Mexico? Pretty sure that contradicts Secret Warriors, where she was still in New Jersey until she joined Daisy's team, just avoiding suiting up because people know that Ms. Marvel is Inhuman but DON'T know that Kamala Khan is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, when Mark Waid said something about this being a story to rescue Kamala, it seemed like he didnt know Secret Warriors was going over that. Also dumb that, especially in an event, editorial can't keep every character in a certain place.
    Well.....I've read the issue that came out Today and it appears that Mr. Waid pull a smoke-screen on this Story.....

Yeah, I really like that opening scene with Viv, Miles, and Ammy staring at the Hydrafied American flag. Shows how hopeless things have become.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Sigh. As I'm completely ignoring Secret Empire (I'm good, I'd rather not read it) I'm sad to hear it's apparently going to be shaking up the Champions roster according to what folks are posting?
    Regardless about how SECRET EMPIRE is currently happening; whatever changes to the Champions' roster would have occurred sooner or later........

Spectacular Member

Speaking of the line-up, New Patriot's presence in Falcon suggests he may not be joining this team, which may make it more likely that Joaquin joins, although he will have to change his name.

Why? Sam was already sharing his name as Cap, why wouldn't he continue to do so as Falcon? It's no different to Spider-Man or Wasp or Nova.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Well.....I've read the issue that came out Today and it appears that Mr. Waid pull a smoke-screen on this Story.....
    Yeah, the preview was misleading. The Kamala in Champions #10 wasn't Ms Khan, but some other Inhuman with an unrevealed power who just happens to be her fan and have the same first name.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-05-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Regardless about how SECRET EMPIRE is currently happening; whatever changes to the Champions' roster would have occurred sooner or later........
    IKR I'm pleasantly surprised. Waid's been on a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    If Skin or Synch were still alive they'd be a perfect replacement for Cyclops
    They'd seem a little old for the team, though. I'd prefer Surge or Trance or Velocidad.

BANNED

They'd seem a little old for the team, though. I'd prefer Surge or Trance or Velocidad.

Skin maybe but Synch still died before he hit 18

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Speaking of the line-up, New Patriot's presence in Falcon suggests he may not be joining this team, which may make it more likely that Joaquin joins, although he will have to change his name.
    Wait why can't he join, I mean some of the other Champions have their own books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Wait why can't he join, I mean some of the other Champions have their own books.
    Well the whole thing about Champions is meant to be them doing things differently from the Avengers, right? That seems hard to do when you're co-starring in a book with one of the main ones. Admittedly, some of it may be wishful thinking as I'm not a fan of huge casts for team books - I felt Hickman's Avengers mostly wasted their good cast just because of how many people there were to address and I don't want to see that happen to Champions if it gets too many members.

I actually think everyone being in solos might be the problem - it doesn't feel like a cohesive team because it's like pushing a bunch of solo heroes together who do their own thing as opposed to a team that interacts and bonds. (This is also my issue with the modern Avengers). Viv's the only one Waid can actually do anything with because he doesn't have any control over the others, and this has had mixed results. Champions just feels like filler for the ones with solos.

Of course, there is that theory that Natasha will be staying to guide them post-SE to get dwindling sales up so they might not be separate for long, and the wisdom of insisting they're totally different to the Avengers when a) we don't see much evidence of that imo and b) the vast majority of the cast are just legacies of various Avengers has always seemed off to me. They might as well call it Young Avengers, given the execution of the book's main premise and reason for the different name, Millennial Social Justice (As Written By An Old White Man Trying Too Hard To Be Hip And Woke), has been very lacking frankly. Young Avengers was actually way more diverse than this team, come to think of it.

Actually, scratch that, I'm fine with a huge cast as long as Waid and Ramos go - to be replaced by hopefully Jeremy Whitley now Wasp got cancelled, and an artist who's good consistently not just occasionally.
    Last edited by FantasticVision; 07-05-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

With the prelim info on the new "Falcon" series, especially with Joaquin only getting a passing mention in it, I worry for the All-New Falcon's fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Yeah, that post doesn't really make much sense when you think on it.

Astonishing Member

True. In theory. But line wide events also often force changes that wouldn't have otherwise happened (or at least the same way) due to the need to put characters in certain places or change their status quo etc...

How would Gabriel work? his powers speed up his aging right?

Is it wrong that I want either or both Patriots to join but then that would bring it two close to the rule of three
    Nothing wrong with that, I break that rule all the time.. My list does with Patriot, Spider-Man & SunGirl

If Skin or Synch were still alive they'd be a perfect replacement for Cyclops
    Very true..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 07-05-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    True. In theory. But line wide events also often force changes that wouldn't have otherwise happened (or at least the same way) due to the need to put characters in certain places or change their status quo etc...
    We've already seen the effects of it. When Cyclops joined in #2, he'd sneaked away from the All-New X-Men. They didn't know he was on another team. By the time of X-Men Prime, they do. Cyclops being a Champion has now had a couple of mentions in the X books. I suppose they had to know, because while ANXM was touring America, Blue is based in Madripoor, which means Cyclops needs transportation (Nova as a taxi service?) to get to where the other Champions are! They haven't addressed that in either Champions or Blue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Well the whole thing about Champions is meant to be them doing things differently from the Avengers, right? That seems hard to do when you're co-starring in a book with one of the main ones. Admittedly, some of it may be wishful thinking as I'm not a fan of huge casts for team books - I felt Hickman's Avengers mostly wasted their good cast just because of how many people there were to address and I don't want to see that happen to Champions if it gets too many members.

I actually think everyone being in solos might be the problem - it doesn't feel like a cohesive team because it's like pushing a bunch of solo heroes together who do their own thing as opposed to a team that interacts and bonds. (This is also my issue with the modern Avengers). Viv's the only one Waid can actually do anything with because he doesn't have any control over the others, and this has had mixed results. Champions just feels like filler for the ones with solos.

Of course, there is that theory that Natasha will be staying to guide them post-SE to get dwindling sales up so they might not be separate for long, and the wisdom of insisting they're totally different to the Avengers when a) we don't see much evidence of that imo and b) the vast majority of the cast are just legacies of various Avengers has always seemed off to me. They might as well call it Young Avengers, given the execution of the book's main premise and reason for the different name, Millennial Social Justice (As Written By An Old White Man Trying Too Hard To Be Hip And Woke), has been very lacking frankly. Young Avengers was actually way more diverse than this team, come to think of it.

Actually, scratch that, I'm fine with a huge cast as long as Waid and Ramos go - to be replaced by hopefully Jeremy Whitley now Wasp got cancelled, and an artist who's good consistently not just occasionally.
    Well also Nova Waid has control over since his book is done . But I think these Champions having a really big team could actually work for the better cause a big motto of their's is "Anyone who can do good can be a Champion" and while yes I get those doing would be the members the rest Honourary but still maybe a rotating sometimes the members staring in that story, infact this solves the solo crisis "Why isn't this member here, oh they are doing that" something they actually did. So Champions is meeting continuity pretty good like that.

AVENGERS #672
    MARK WAID (W) • JESúS SAIZ (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    WORLDS COLLIDE Part 1
    Following the events of GENERATIONS comes the long-promised clash between the Avengers and the Champions! The countdown has started as the High Evolutionary, a twisted scientist determined to create a better world at all costs, sets the Earth on a collision course with destruction! The Avengers and the Champions are ready to meet this threat — but will their first cataclysmic clash deter them from Changing the World?

CHAMPIONS #13
    MARK WAID (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    WORLDS COLLIDE Part 2
    The titanic clash between the Champions and the Avengers continues! Since they were old enough to say the word “Avengers,” the Champions have idolized Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Now the two teams are on equal footing — and the Champs must walk the walk alongside their former mentors! Will their experiences in GENERATIONS help them — or tear the two teams apart?