Page 9 of 218 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Anyone else think we're going to get additional members eventually? Other then Robbie that is. Riri or Lunella?
    i think it'd be a little too soon to be thinking about Riri on a team and as for Lunella i think she's a little too young for this team and her ability to swap minds with Devil Dinosaur would only cause problems not solve them....

Getting an 8 year old involved in social justice affairs seems a little...bizarre

I hope they don't add too many new members because I don't want the team to be get too big.
    I think 8 members max. That said, my picks for new members are still Ghost Rider and Bombshell. Ghost Rider because he's just a no-brainer considering the Champions connection and Bombshell because the team needs more women and she'd bring a totally different personality from the others.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope they don't add too many new members because I don't want the team to be get too big.
    I think 8 members max. That said, my picks for new members are still Ghost Rider and Bombshell. Ghost Rider because he's just a no-brainer considering the Champions connection and Bombshell because the team needs more women and she'd bring a totally different personality from the others.
    I also agree with maximum of 8. But seeing Marvel's seasonal now, it would be good to shake the line-up every 15-ish issues, keeping KK, MM and SA and changing 2/3 of the other 5 to different young heroes. But keeping in friendly contact with the ones that "left". Also, a lot of team-ups between the bigger arcs or in events tie-ins.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Plus Bombshell hasn't been used much recently... makes you wonder why they spared her from 1610's demise if they didn't plan to use her. She's only appeared once since Secret Wars, in Spider-Man #3. She was also mentioned in issue 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Getting an 8 year old involved in social justice affairs seems a little...bizarre
    Lunella is in the 4th grade, she's 9 and apparently hasn't had her birthday yet in the academic year.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Plus Bombshell hasn't been used much recently... makes you wonder why they spared her from 1610's demise if they didn't plan to use her. She's only appeared once since Secret Wars, in Spider-Man #3. She was also mentioned in issue 1.Lunella is in the 4th grade, she's 9 and apparently hasn't had her birthday yet in the academic year.
    I think she'll have a bigger role in Spider-Man, but Bendis being Bendis, he's taking his time :/

Plus Bombshell hasn't been used much recently... makes you wonder why they spared her from 1610's demise if they didn't plan to use her. She's only appeared once since Secret Wars, in Spider-Man #3. She was also mentioned in issue 1.Lunella is in the 4th grade, she's 9 and apparently hasn't had her birthday yet in the academic year.
    How come she is in Earth-616/Earth Prime?

As a matter of fact, why is any of the Ultimate Universe characters in Earth-616/Earth Prime? Why didn't Molecula Man and Franklin Richards bring Earth-1610 back and return them there?

I know Owen Reece took Miles to Earth Prime/616 as a favor, but, why didn't he send him home instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Anyone else think we're going to get additional members eventually? Other then Robbie that is. Riri or Lunella?
    I'd prefer Sun Girl and Hummingbird.

If I had my choice the team would be..

Ms.Marvel
    Ult SM
    Sun Girl
    Hummingbird
    Moon Girl
    Hulk
    Ghost Racer
    Nova

BANNED

regardless i think what the new champions will be involved with...is a bit too much for someone Lunella's age to handle

again they'll be dealing with Daily Social Problems around their area that Teens And Young Adults deal with

Lunella cannot really help solve those problems when she doesn't even have much experience in those problems

it's like trying to get a 9 year old to solve marriage problems and a young couple's job situation you'll not really get much help there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    regardless i think what the new champions will be involved with...is a bit too much for someone Lunella's age to handle

again they'll be dealing with Daily Social Problems around their area that Teens And Young Adults deal with

Lunella cannot really help solve those problems when she doesn't even have much experience in those problems

it's like trying to get a 9 year old to solve marriage problems and a young couple's job situation you'll not really get much help there
    Lunella is according to the writers (and their arbitrary scale of measuring intelligence) the smartest person in the Marvel Universe (I think doom, blue marvel, T challa and Amadeus are smarter) , so I'm sure her amazing genius will solver all social issues.
    Also if she's so smart why she hasn't solved the terrigen mists issue in a way that it'll help humans and mutants live in peace?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Lunella is according to the writers (and their arbitrary scale of measuring intelligence) the smartest person in the Marvel Universe (I think doom, blue marvel, T challa and Amadeus are smarter) , so I'm sure her amazing genius will solver all social issues.
    Also if she's so smart why she hasn't solved the terrigen mists issue in a way that it'll help humans and mutants live in peace?
    This thread may not be the place for this debate.
    showsense (3).jpg

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    This thread may not be the place for this debate.
    showsense (3).jpg
    Yes. There's a entire thread all for these rants, let's not bring it here when she's not even a team member.
    Also, i love Moon-girl but don't exactly agree with her being in the team. Maybe a team-up?
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

regardless we should be talking about the people on the team and not who we want on it...but i guess when it comes to team books before release
    that's all anyone can think about

Amadeus really needs a pair of XXXL size shoes. Subway stations are so damned filthy ya know.

More on topic though, I have high hope ANAD Avengers will improve once this book comes out.
    It's painfully obvious that Waid is playing it safe while following some mandate from above to rope in younger readers with the relaunch after Secret Wars.
    Now, a year later, after the teens get their own book, we'll hopefully see a marked improvement.
    Going from a completely mindblowing Daredevil run to what we got in ANAD Avengers... well it's certainly not what I (and a lot of folks) expected.
    Last edited by IncredibleSlimeThing; 08-02-2016 at 05:26 AM.

hopefully there will be a cartoon show spinoff.

Just what was involved in Marvel reclaiming the Champions name? I remember there was a big kerfluffle years ago when it was attempted to be used for a Civil War tie-in series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSlimeThing View Post
    Amadeus really needs a pair of XXXL size shoes. Subway stations are so damned filthy ya know.

More on topic though, I have high hope ANAD Avengers will improve once this book comes out.
    It's painfully obvious that Waid is playing it safe while following some mandate from above to rope in younger readers with the relaunch after Secret Wars.
    Now, a year later, after the teens get their own book, we'll hopefully see a marked improvement.
    Going from a completely mindblowing Daredevil run to what we got in ANAD Avengers... well it's certainly not what I (and a lot of folks) expected.
    i think just dealing with Jane Foster Tony Stark And Sam Wilson on the team was enough to give Waid problems...those three characters probably gave waid few options

I Can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to keep going from one writer to another asking if this is okay? and then just saying "Screw it! I'm playing it safe from now on!"

what else is he suppose to do when he's not even allowed to make the book he owns when the other writers just have to tell him "Yeah that sounds good but it goes against everything we have planned for the future"