Page 91 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3266

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Eh. Not Riri just yet, she needs training wheels. Falcon and Wasp should join up. And I'm surprised Cho is here since he should be in space, on Sakaar.
    actually have a question for you. if Ramos were to leave who would you want to replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Waid tried to do WOKE AVENGERS, failed and is now basically making them Teen Titans.
    Which to be fair is what they should have been in the first place.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    you actually like Ramos's art? Champions needs a better artiest IMO i rather have Jamie McKelvie from young avengers come do the art and i do like Asrar
    McKelvie's busy with The Wicked +The Divine, and will be for a couple more years yet. And he's actually mentioned having another project planned once WicDiv ends. So, not much chance of him returning to Marvel, at least for interiors. They'll probably still ask him to do redesigns now and then, because he's the best at them.

Asrar would be good on Champions. I like his style. I think my own preference would probably by Jenn St. Onge, though I'm not sure if she's actually interested in doing Marvel work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    McKelvie's busy with The Wicked +The Divine, and will be for a couple more years yet. And he's actually mentioned having another project planned once WicDiv ends. So, not much chance of him returning to Marvel, at least for interiors. They'll probably still ask him to do redesigns now and then, because he's the best at them.

Asrar would be good on Champions. I like his style. I think my own preference would probably by Jenn St. Onge, though I'm not sure if she's actually interested in doing Marvel work.
    not a fan of her art at least for me i want the Champions to have a somewhat B-list maybe A-list artiest on the book, this book should be marvel's Teen titans and have at least an decent artiest that can draw them serious

actually have a question for you. if Ramos were to leave who would you want to replace him?
    Mahmud Asrar or Chris Bachalo. Seriously, what is Bachalo doing currently?

now that i think about it i would love to have Mark Brooks,David Finch or Adam Kubert on this book mainly Mark Brooks love what he was drawing during the end of Ultimate x-men

BANNED

He's rumored for Spidey/Deadpool

Not just rumoured, he's credited on Amazon for a TPB.

Eh. Not Riri just yet, she needs training wheels. Falcon and Wasp should join up. And I'm surprised Cho is here since he should be in space, on Sakaar.
    Worlds Collide could just be set before Return to Planet Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Amazon has been known to use the names of artist who've simply done the covers as the interior artist, I can wait until a official announcement

now that i think about it i would love to have Mark Brooks,David Finch or Adam Kubert on this book mainly Mark Brooks love what he was drawing during the end of Ultimate x-men
    Oh god, NOT David Finch. He should NOT draw a title about teen heroes. I'd love to have him on a Marvel title but he's burned his legacy in my mind as a mature artist. Mark Brooks could be nice and Adam Kubert's art heavily relies on the colorist.

Worlds Collide could just be set before Return to Planet Hulk.
    Eh. Part of the charm of Champions acknowledging what was going on in other books was that it happened concurrently. Unless he's absent from the next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    He's rumored for Spidey/Deadpool
    sigh.

S I G H.

Well, Bachalo is probably a better fit for Spider-Man/Deadpool then he would be Champions, even if that's not saying much .

He would probably be a fitting successor for Ramos though.

BANNED

Would love Bachalo on champions, his work on Dr Strange and Generation X is some of my all time favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Amazon has been known to use the names of artist who've simply done the covers as the interior artist, I can wait until a official announcement
    But there's no cover art for that TPB yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Waid tried to do WOKE AVENGERS, failed and is now basically making them Teen Titans.
    That concept isn't actually bad because I could see how a team like that could be created. There are real concerns about how heroes are operating in universe that could be addressed and lead to some interesting stories. The monopolization of superheroics by SHIELD, overzealous heroes "fixing" things that lead to conflict (see Civil War I and II, World War Hulk), and some incredibly flawed leaders who exercise too much control over the broader hero community (Tony, Carol). Those are legit criticisms to be made of how heroes do business and I could see how young heroes want to turn away from all that and be more interested in social justice. You know, actually helping people on the ground and taking out real problems.

However, truly being socially active requires an intimate relationship with the people and area you're affecting and a dialogue more or less. That's hard to do when you're globetrotting heroes going from one side of the Earth to knock out terrorists then another side to take out some supremacists. Being grassroots for these heroes is hard because their so disembodied from normal people while their doing their actual hero work. Social justice in this book should be more than just knocking out easy targets like religious extremists or racists.

The concept would've been better if they actually had a base somewhere where social justice could be applied and they did more than beat up bad guys. A place where they could help people in one area, grow to understand it and their role in helping make it a better place. Then they could expand from there. They should be meeting with community leaders and facing what it really means to be "for the people". Hulk could meet the people whose property he destroys in every battle, Viv tries to carve out a respectable social media presence for the group and deals with online bullying or something. I mean, them being embedded somewhere and actually being activists opens up new stories for them and differentiates them from other groups.