Page 94 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3266
    Spectacular Member

I certainly hope so because if Viv goes I've got no reason to read this or Ultimates - so I guess I'd just be hoping for King to come back from being exclusive to rescue her from Limbo, but then she'd almost certainly die in a King-written Vision sequel...

This is the problem with liking unpopular characters... although seriously despite subtext from Nadia, she is the only confirmed non-straight one. That has to count for something in a series celebrating diversity right?

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    I certainly hope so because if Viv goes I've got no reason to read this or Ultimates - so I guess I'd just be hoping for King to come back from being exclusive to rescue her from Limbo, but then she'd almost certainly die in a King-written Vision sequel...

This is the problem with liking unpopular characters... although seriously despite subtext from Nadia, she is the only confirmed non-straight one. That has to count for something in a series celebrating diversity right?
    pretty sure America is not straight unless you dont care about her at all and Nadia is not confirmed anything

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    pretty sure America is not straight unless you dont care about her at all and Nadia is not confirmed anything
    The 'she' means Viv in that sentence, sorry it wasn't clear. I'd argue Nadia's suggested to be gay through hints in her solo, though. The writer for that has a history of writing gay characters in his creator-owned works, so it's at least likely.

It's true that America also isn't straight so that's something, but she's way older than the rest of them too - even Cho, and I wasn't sure he should have joined when he's 19 when the rest are 16 anyway.

I know she's the leader in this scenario, but it's like an adult hanging out with a bunch of kids - I can't see how it could be long-term, but it does depend on the writing.
    Last edited by FantasticVision; 07-10-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Here's an interview Waid did about the Champions/Avengers crossover:
    https://www.newsarama.com/35254-inev...-showdown.html

It seems they're doing the only story I don't trust them with. They might shove in some conflict around Vision's actions in Uncanny Avengers ages ago, but that was so OOC it's barely canon. I guess it could end with Vision and Viv hugging it out and getting some therapy finally, but Waid does love to make poor Vision an antagonist, and anyway the only person I trust with Vision fallout is Tom King, who's not coming back for a long while.

Coupled with those rumours about the Champions turning into a team led by America Chavez with every member except Viv, I'm pretty worried right now. I just want my faves to not be ruined.
    Cyclops again facing the Avengers or almost his younger version in Champions during legacy.
    Fans of the old Cyclops should love the irony .

Judging by his comments Cyclops and Viv will play a key role or at least that's what understood.
    It is possible that this story marks the end of Scott in the team Champíons.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Cyclops again facing the Avengers or almost his younger version in Champions during legacy.

Judging by his comments Cyclops and Viv will play a key role or at least that's what understood.
    And enter Surge as team leader please marvel

The 'she' means Viv in that sentence, sorry it wasn't clear. I'd argue Nadia's suggested to be gay through hints in her solo, though. The writer for that has a history of writing gay characters in his creator-owned works, so it's at least likely.

It's true that America also isn't straight so that's something, but she's way older than the rest of them too - even Cho, and I wasn't sure he should have joined when he's 19 when the rest are 16 anyway.

I know she's the leader in this scenario, but it's like an adult hanging out with a bunch of kids - I can't see how it could be long-term, but it does depend on the writing.
    i agree America is too old but we cant do anything about marvel making this team if they go thought with it.

And enter Surge as team leader please marvel
    HAHAHA no chance of that happening but I'm on your side.

It's easier MG to join the team than that to happen.

HAHAHA no chance of that happening but I'm on your side.

It's easier for MG to join the team.
    Surge would be the perfect fit and everything that happened at the end of the New x-men run i think letting her lead the Champions would be an great experience for her to become a better leader. plus i feel she could be part of the Big three well Big four... Miles younger spider-man for the future , Nova young nova for space marvel and then , Kamala the most likeable Inhuman and then Surge Future X-men team leader make that the Big four of Marvel Sam/Kamala/Miles/Noriko

Astonishing Member

I see only Scott leaving if Waid leaves, cause he fought for him to be on the team

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

ok so here is the info i got from the rumor take it with a grain of salt none of this is confirmed until we see what marvel has after legacy

spoilers:
    They’re bringing back the Ultimate line for the teen heroes. Miles will become Ultimate Spider-Man again. Riri becomes Ultimate Iron Man. X-Men Blue becomes Ultimate X-Men. Champions becomes the Ultimates. The only “adult” character that will be a regular presence is Captain Marvel because they want her to be seen a prominent character to the overarching power structure of the WSC/SHIELD and other elements that will factor into her movie heavily. They’ll still make guest appearances in the “main” books but don’t expect them to anchor anymore franchises. Bendis staying on Miles and Riri. Hopeless is still on Ult X. New Ultimates writer is Amy Reeder
    end of spoilers

and Redder recently had a tweet saying her fav spider-man is Miles

Extra stuff spoilers:
    the new ultimates lineup is Miles, Kamala, Riri, Cho Hulk, and new Wasp led by America
    end of spoilers
    Outside of Sam seemingly going into limbo, I like the sound of all of that, but since it's just a 4chan rumor, I'm not holding my breathe.

Didn't the whole "X-Men are totally going to get retconned out of the MU for Secret Wars" that never came to be originate from 4chan as well? And then there was another rumor about how Generations was meant to seperate the teens and adults into two seperate universes.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

ok so here is the info i got from the rumor take it with a grain of salt none of this is confirmed until we see what marvel has after legacy

spoilers:
    They’re bringing back the Ultimate line for the teen heroes. Miles will become Ultimate Spider-Man again. Riri becomes Ultimate Iron Man. X-Men Blue becomes Ultimate X-Men. Champions becomes the Ultimates. The only “adult” character that will be a regular presence is Captain Marvel because they want her to be seen a prominent character to the overarching power structure of the WSC/SHIELD and other elements that will factor into her movie heavily. They’ll still make guest appearances in the “main” books but don’t expect them to anchor anymore franchises. Bendis staying on Miles and Riri. Hopeless is still on Ult X. New Ultimates writer is Amy Reeder
    end of spoilers

and Redder recently had a tweet saying her fav spider-man is Miles

Extra stuff spoilers:
    the new ultimates lineup is Miles, Kamala, Riri, Cho Hulk, and new Wasp led by America
    end of spoilers
    This reminds me of an idea Redjack posted in a recent thread, though it strikes me as being a tad implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Outside of Sam seemingly going into limbo, I like the sound of all of that, but since it's just a 4chan rumor, I'm not holding my breathe.

Didn't the whole "X-Men are totally going to get retconned out of the MU for Secret Wars" that never came to be originate from 4chan as well? And then there was another rumor about how Generations was meant to seperate the teens and adults into two seperate universes.
    here is another rumor David walker Had a pitch for a new Miles storyline and the editors loved it but they can't take bendis off the book without burning bridges with him so they will not let it happen... take that with a grain of salt

here is another rumor David walker Had a pitch for a new Miles storyline and the editors loved it but they can't take bendis off the book without burning bridges with him so they will not let it happen... take that with a grain of salt
    I'd totally give that a read, if it was just one storyline it could at least be a mini. I mean he's got a novel coming out soon, so it doesn't seem like they have a problem with letting other writers take a chance at writing him.

Where's the rumor that Chavez is taking over? nvm

Surge would be the perfect fit and everything that happened at the end of the New x-men run i think letting her lead the Champions would be an great experience for her to become a better leader. plus i feel she could be part of the Big three well Big four... Miles younger spider-man for the future , Nova young nova for space marvel and then , Kamala the most likeable Inhuman and then Surge Future X-men team leader make that the Big four of Marvel Sam/Kamala/Miles/Noriko
    Exactly. This hits all corners of the MU.
    Last edited by Tycon; 07-10-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'd totally give that a read, if it was just one storyline it could at least be a mini. I mean he's got a novel coming out soon, so it doesn't seem like they have a problem with letting other writers take a chance at writing him.
    The rumor is Walker wants to write the on going comic which in turn would take bendis off ... The novel is just a side story And bendis is still waiting his character