Page 99 of 218 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3266

but that’s not all they’ve got; after watching the events of secret empire unfold with the x-men, cyclops rejoins the team and takes center stage. Waid admits that yes, scott “slim” summers comes in as his all-time favorite member of the x-men and that he may or may not have used issue #12 as his love letter to the one-eyed wonder.
    Hell yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nobody's leaving before Worlds Collide. I think both teams' rosters will be updated after that.
    When I read about the new event, I can't but think about something like this:

Tony Stark: And the High Evolutionary has decided to destroy Earth... but hurling another inhabited planet against it! We must save Earth! But we can't destroy an inhabited planet!
    Avengers and Champions: ...
    Amadeus Cho/Hulk: Hey, Ms. Marvel, pass the doritos.
    Ms. Marvel: Not until you wash your hands. You have spend, like fifteen minutes scratching your but. With both hands.
    Amadeus Cho/Hulk: Not my fault, those alien mutant parasite worms we fought yesterday crawled inside every nook and cranny and I can't get rid of their eggs no matter how many times I shower!
    Nova: I... I think I will sit further away. And puke.
    Tony Stark: GUYS, PLEASE!!! PLANETARY COLLISION!! KIND OF IMPORTANT!!
    Hercules: Meh. We have had, how many of those, lately?
    Spider-Man: Even if we consider all the Incursions as a single incident, that would make two planetary collision events just during the last two years.
    Nadia: Which was the other one?
    Thor: I think it was that planet the Avengers made intangible and put in phase with Earth...
    Nadia: Neat.
    Vision: I think Black Panther still keeps a shrinking ray Hank Pym built when they were trying to find a way to stop the Incursions...
    Sam Wilson: I will give him a call tomorrow morning. I think it is night in Wakanda already, and it would be kind or rude to awake
    Cyclops: Cool. So, we can go home now, can't we?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    @#$% why does him assume readers hate Cyclops?

Many mutant readers only end up reading Champions because of Cyclops and not everyone likes or thinks that every team needs a Wolverine .

Even the old Cyclops treated as worse than Hitler is more interesting than the crybaby Cyclops that came from the past although have nothing against the boy scout version.

Well hope that the encounter with the Avengers is an opportunity for reconciliation and not another fight between heroes vs heroes .
    I wasn't feeling cyclops in the series, but that was because Waid appeared to be trying to set him up as a leader when it should have been Ms.Marvel and he was clearly given the bulk of attention from Waid. So it's not surprising that when he comes back, he's going to get an almost entire issue to himself. So yeah, there's definitely readers of champion that doesn't feel cyclops like myself. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of readers who enjoy the book but doesn't care for every single member of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    @#$% why does him assume readers hate Cyclops?

Many mutant readers only end up reading Champions because of Cyclops and not everyone likes or thinks that every team needs a Wolverine .

Even the old Cyclops treated as worse than Hitler is more interesting than the crybaby Cyclops that came from the past although have nothing against the boy scout version.

Well hope that the encounter with the Avengers is an opportunity for reconciliation and not another fight between heroes vs heroes .
    Cyclops got quite a bit of hate in the '90s, when Wolverine-mania hit its peak. A lot of people who loved Wolverine hated Cyclops, feeling he was boring and stiff and a boy scout. So, the same complaints people have had for years about Captain America, but arguably amplified even more. Truthfully, I suspect Waid was thinking more of those older fans who hated Scott in the '90s, rather than any of the more recent heat the adult version of the character took.

I'm glad to see Cyclops will be getting a spotlight issue given I've been feeling Waid's Tyke better then I have Bunn's over in X-Men Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to see Cyclops will be getting a spotlight issue given I've been feeling Waid's Tyke better then I have Bunn's over in X-Men Blue.
    Same here.

Champions recent appearances:
    • Ms. Marvel had an issue of both her solo and Secret Warriors out this week.
    • Hulk and Ironheart both have issues of their solos next week, previews are on CBR.
    • Miles will be in next week's Gwenpool and cameoed in this week's Defenders.
    • X-Men Blue, which of course, includes Cyclops, also has an issue out next week.
    • Nova finally made a proper appearance in Secret Empire this week, but he had no lines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm worried the issue is about him because he leaves? One of the previews says: There's no eye in team.

Well, if he goes, I can save some money by dropping this book.

He's not leaving, if this cover is accurate.

He's not leaving, if this cover is accurate.
    Is that a new visor ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Is that a new visor ?.
    Nope. Ramos just draws it like that.

Astonishing Member

Sam Wilson being there but Joaquin not is kinda weird to me.

It's an Avengers crossover. That's five of the six Avengers on the left (Spidey is missing) and all six Champions on the right. Joaquin was just a Secret Empire stand-in - but since he apparently isn't in the Falcon series (replaced by Patriot), hopefully he'll join full time later.

Astonishing Member

It's an Avengers crossover. That's five of the six Avengers on the left (Spidey is missing) and all six Champions on the right. Joaquin was just a Secret Empire stand-in - but since he apparently isn't in the Falcon series (replaced by Patriot), hopefully he'll join full time later.
    It just looked a little odd visually to me, seeing Sam and not Joaquin.

I hope Joaquin doesn't end up in limbo.

Here's the solicit for Champions #14

MARK WAID (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    WORLDS COLLIDE Part 4
    THE ELECTRIFYING TEAM-UP BETWEEN THE AVENGERS AND THE CHAMPIONS CONTINUES!
    The High Evolutionary is on a suicide course — and he plans to take billions of people from two worlds with him! How can even the Champions and the Avengers together save an entire planet from destruction?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99