Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Gabriel Luna Is "Agents of SHIELD's" Ghost Rider

Luna is set to star as the Marvel NOW! version of Ghost Rider, Robbie Reyes, in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s" fourth season.

Full article here.

Hunh - good choice, although when I see the character, I think of Miguel Gomez (The Strain).

Cool to see Robbie finally show up in the MCU, at least on the TV side .

I wonder how they're going to portray him as Ghost Rider, and how much will be CG vs. practical effects?

Mighty Member

Excited to see which Ghost Rider he'll be. I would have guessed it's Robbie Reyes if the actor was not 33 years old. Maybe an adult version of Robbie? Dan or Jonny? A new character?

BANNED

I'm happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Excited to see which Ghost Rider he'll be. I would have guessed it's Robbie Reyes if the actor was not 33 years old. Maybe an adult version of Robbie? Dan or Jonny? A new character?
    They've announced he'll be playing Robbie Reyes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    They've announced he'll be playing Robbie Reyes.
    Duh! *facepalm*... Guess I should read the articles more carefully before jumping to the comment section, lol! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Duh! *facepalm*... Guess I should read the articles more carefully before jumping to the comment section, lol! Thanks
    NP. Happens to the best of us!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think the four big advantages of using Robbie on AOS instead of Blaze here...

1. Robbie suits the situation better, since you can imagine he'll be a bit more inexperienced than the classic Ghost Rider, and so encounters with SHIELD seem more logical. Daisy might even be considering him for the Secret Warriors, depending on how they are in Season 4.
    2. He's totally different as a character to Blaze, since we don't have a bike riding stuntman but a Latino with a Fast and Furious hot rod. And we know how popular those films are.
    3. If the character does well, we can have a Ghost Rider series on TV.
    4. Regardless we can only possibly have a more mature Ghost Rider show with Blaze and Ketch on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think the four big advantages of using Robbie on AOS instead of Blaze here...

1. Robbie suits the situation better, since you can imagine he'll be a bit more inexperienced than the classic Ghost Rider, and so encounters with SHIELD seem more logical. Daisy might even be considering him for the Secret Warriors, depending on how they are in Season 4.
    2. He's totally different as a character to Blaze, since we don't have a bike riding stuntman but a Latino with a Fast and Furious hot rod. And we know how popular those films are.
    3. If the character does well, we can have a Ghost Rider series on TV.
    4. Regardless we can only possibly have a more mature Ghost Rider show with Blaze and Ketch on Netflix.
    I do have to wonder if part of the reason they're using Robbie for TV is because they're reserving Johnny or Ketch for something else.

Incredible Member

Will he be an Inhuman or will they go supernatural to tie in with Dr Strange?
    Sounds perfect.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Will he be an Inhuman or will they go supernatural to tie in with Dr Strange?
    I really hope it's the latter, Strange is opening the door effectively for supernatural aspects to start appearing serious, so this and the Iron Fist series should be the fallout of that.

And I definitely think there's room for multiple Ghost Riders, especially if they done differently. AOS only needs a few lines to reference legends about the curse of the Ghost Rider, or Reyes could even hear of one or more of its previous users (without actively mentioning names or whether they're currently still active yet, just in case we did get a Blaze or Ketch show on Netflix).

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

What is this?

This guy is 33! Robbie is 18 at best.

This is going to change the character, and once they do that, what's the point? May as well have used Johnny or Dan.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    What is this?

This guy is 33! Robbie is 18 at best.

This is going to change the character, and once they do that, what's the point? May as well have used Johnny or Dan.
    Not really a big deal they cast 30 year olds as teens all the time.

They should have gotten someone attractive tbh, but anyway, happy that Robbie Reyes will be appearing in something.

Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    Not really a big deal they cast 30 year olds as teens all the time.
    They really don't do it all the time, they cast early 20 to mid 20's somethings, the 30 yr olds are guest star appearances not recurring or major roles.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 07-22-2016 at 06:49 PM.