Super Moderator

Default SDCC: DC's Young Animal with Gerard Way

The Young Animal imprint looks to make DC Comics a little weirder, and Gerard Way, Jim Lee and more discussed what to expect from the line.

Full article here.

Oh jeez, I am pumped for Scioli's Super Powers.

I'll absolutely check out Scioli's Super Powers. Not just because I'm already going to be reading Cave Carson, but because Scioli is a genius. If you haven't read it, read Transformers vs. GI Joe. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

With that in mind... Is... Is that an OMAC Superman? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I'll absolutely check out Scioli's Super Powers. Not just because I'm already going to be reading Cave Carson, but because Scioli is a genius. If you haven't read it, read Transformers vs. GI Joe. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

According to Scioli's twitter, his name is KOMAC. Absolutely delightful.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

If you haven't read it, read Transformers vs. GI Joe. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.
    that just sounds wrong, counter-intuitive on every level lol. But I believe you and may check it out.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I will give mother courage a miss . it's too conventional, can't see it doing more than what's out there already. It's an odd choice in that regard. Everything else seems fresh, even if doom patrol and shade are being marketed as being too reverent of previous volumes.
    Carson should be the big breakout, especially with that backup story. Even if it doesn't sell, it'll be one of those books well all be glad existed.

Amazing Member

Yeah, talk about burying the lead!!! Transformers vs GI Joe was easily my favorite comic of the past few years. This is so exciting, although I wish it was more than just a backup.

Absolutely beautiful.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I hope the trades and hardcovers have these gimmicks. I want to check out, all but Cave Carson
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This is totally "my DC". Sounds great, looks like heaven.