Thread: Blair Witch

BANNED

Default Blair Witch

A new Blair Witch movie directed by Adam Wingard, director of You're Next and The Guest. Wingard is also doing the upcoming Death Note Netflix movie.

Normally I wouldn't really care about this since I don't like The Blair Witch Project, but Wingard has been making some of the better movies of the last few years.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 07-23-2016 at 12:54 AM.

BANNED

Lionsgate pulled a 10 Cloverfield Lane. Hopefully unlike Book of Shadows, this wasn't micromanaged.

Hopefully this won't be a Car Sick Inducing ride where we get forced to look up some chick's snot filled nose for 10 minutes.

All-New Member

never watch this alone!

Incredible Member

Well holy shit at this news. This genuinely took me by surprise. Um...not saying that it looks like it's going to be as original or innovative as the first movie was, but I dig the fact that Adam Wingard said "Hey, here's my take on this mythology", and the review in the article below makes it sound promising.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...pletely-wreck/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Well holy shit at this news. This genuinely took me by surprise. Um...not saying that it looks like it's going to be as original or innovative as the first movie was, but I dig the fact that Adam Wingard said "Hey, here's my take on this mythology", and the review in the article below makes it sound promising.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...pletely-wreck/
    That review that says it's a game changer for horror films? It makes it sound a bit more than promising.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    That review that says it's a game changer for horror films? It makes it sound a bit more than promising.
    I'm slightly skeptical because the original movie was an actual gamechanger and this looks a lot more like a traditional horror movie, but it does look very interesting nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    I'm slightly skeptical because the original movie was an actual gamechanger and this looks a lot more like a traditional horror movie, but it does look very interesting nevertheless.
    Isn't "It's A Gamechanger!" par for the course in movie reviews now?

Never mind the ties between that review site and the film maker.

I really disliked the original. All the characters were idiots and the plot went nowhere. Felt like a student film to me.