Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Wonder Woman trailer from SDCC2016

Seen it 3 times now. It's growing on me. I'm really looking forward to this Movie. Love the WW1 scenario.

I like how it feels as if there's a weight to the things she does. Cracking a gun into splinters, sliding on her kneepads and shield. Gal seems to top 300 when it comes to looking cool using a shield. Also cool to see how well the colours of her uniform mixes with the cold morning blue of the war that's on. Especially when she trashes the tanks and stuff !

The Zeus-thing is still in, but seems well balanced enough. Says she doesn't have a father, even if Zeus brought to Life by IT (Zeus).
    Last edited by borntohula; 07-23-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Just Awesome. After the rug being pulled so many times, for so many years it's such a great feeling to see a Wonder Woman film! The action sequences looked solid, loved the glow of the lasso. Thought the interaction that Diana had with Steve and Etta was spot on. They seemed to get the essence of the character, can't wait for this flick!

OH MY GODS

AND "...brought to life by Zeus" NOT HE'S MY FATHER!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

All-New Member

Like I said over the years, I'm not believing it until I've paid for the ticket and I'm sitting in the audience.

Mighty Member

One thing I'm impressed with is that they managed to pull of a rather solid trailer with the Movie being quite early into production. Really felt like some solid Wonder Woman versus World War 1

Steve and Etta was fun also. Given that they'll poke some "fun" at gender roles of those times, but the "where I'm from, that's called slavery" didn't feel too on the nose or nothing. Rather very much in spirit with both the older and the modern ones.

Btw, what does Hyp say to Di? "Careful Diana, hate does not deserve you"?

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    One thing I'm impressed with is that they managed to pull of a rather solid trailer with the Movie being quite early into production. Really felt like some solid Wonder Woman versus World War 1

Steve and Etta was fun also. Given that they'll poke some "fun" at gender roles of those times, but the "where I'm from, that's called slavery" didn't feel too on the nose or nothing. Rather very much in spirit with both the older and the modern ones.

I thought it was "They do not deserve you."

Curious as to who the woman with the cracked mask is (isn't that Elena Anaya?). First thought was Doctor Cyber, but could be Doctor Poison or Baroness von Gunther, or an entirely new character.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post

I thought it says "They" do not deserve you. BTW, who was the woman with the cracked face? I forget the name in the comics, the one from "The Beauty Hater" back in the 70's that later on dressed in a purple outfit and wore a mask.

Mighty Member

No idea about the mask, but I really Think it's cool that it's put in. To show how war can affect civilians.

Btw. Here's the Justice League trailer. Di is also in it. Doesn't look that bad either. Diana seems to have gravitas in the JL film as well

Last edited by borntohula; 07-23-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Trying to temper my expectations but damn if that didn't get me hyped.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 07-23-2016 at 01:57 PM. Reason: language, please :)
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That looked amazing!

It's early early days but I found the Wonder Woman trailer a little lacking in the 'epic' scale of things. Still, I liked the fighting scenes and Gal's comic timing seems really strong. I'd rather have a good character film than a bad film with huge special effect ridden set pieces - but still, this is Wonder Woman. I liked Steve Trevor - he looked the part. What was going on with the woman with half a face?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I thought it was "They do not deserve you."

Curious as to who the woman with the cracked mask is (isn't that Elena Anaya?). First thought was Doctor Cyber, but could be Doctor Poison or Baroness von Gunther, or an entirely new character.
    Yes I believe that it is Elena. And my thought right now is that she's Baroness von Gunther.

The mask and the green cloak tell me Dr. Cyber. And my GOD, both these trailers look fun, but the Wonder Woman one looks darn near PERFECTION! What a time to be a Wonder Woman fan!

Also, I noted that Diana said she has no father, but was brought to life by Zeus. I really hope they leave it at that and let her retain a little mystery. If not, I hope it's that Hippolyta sculped Di and Zeus empowered her. This, I feel, reconciles both origins pretty well. He"s not her LITERAL father, but still her major male patron, if not her ONLY male patron! Anyhow, I ramble from excitement...

Ultimate Member

I'm still not ruling out the possibility that he is her father, and she just doesn't know it yet. But we'll see soon enough,

Fantastic Member

So who are the villains?