Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Grace Randolph's reaction

So hyped for this movie!! You guys have no idea!! Lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    It's early early days but I found the Wonder Woman trailer a little lacking in the 'epic' scale of things. Still, I liked the fighting scenes and Gal's comic timing seems really strong. I'd rather have a good character film than a bad film with huge special effect ridden set pieces - but still, this is Wonder Woman. I liked Steve Trevor - he looked the part. What was going on with the woman with half a face?
    Considering how early into production it is, I'd say they made okay. What's more, DC films doesn't have the best of trailers attached to them every time. IMO it took BM v SM 3 trailers until there was a good one, simillarly with Suicide Squad. Seems like a patern

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    The mask and the green cloak tell me Dr. Cyber. And my GOD, both these trailers look fun, but the Wonder Woman one looks darn near PERFECTION! What a time to be a Wonder Woman fan!

Also, I noted that Diana said she has no father, but was brought to life by Zeus. I really hope they leave it at that and let her retain a little mystery. If not, I hope it's that Hippolyta sculped Di and Zeus empowered her. This, I feel, reconciles both origins pretty well. He"s not her LITERAL father, but still her major male patron, if not her ONLY male patron! Anyhow, I ramble from excitement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm still not ruling out the possibility that he is her father, and she just doesn't know it yet. But we'll see soon enough,
    Haven't read it in a while, or the issues with me at the moment, but I can't remember N52WW ever acknowledging Zeus beyond giving her a bigger family (to her sister the wind Siracca was it?) or in WW#35 where she says that while she's the daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus she doesn't need to be anyone but herself.

To my memory that's all she ever had to say about Zeus. While Diana called him her father, Athena said she (Zeus) was her mother.

Idk, perhaps it'll play into that. The Point that you don't need to BE your parents, title or what not?

Last edited by borntohula; 07-23-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Amazons rule

Spectacular Member

Are Ares and Circe confirmed?

Gadot looks great as Wonder Woman. I've always given her that much. Being "brought to life by Zeus" still provokes my ire. If they're going to say she wasn't conceived through sex then why does Zeus have to be involved?

Fight choreography looks good...glowing lasso--nice!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Despite I am out of WW World.. sorry, DC has not erased Diana as superman(in favor of the old version) but all has changed, even Trevor as love interest, I hate him...

But I desire luck to the character.. I see the trailer, Is amazing.. sure I end see the movie.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-23-2016 at 04:26 PM.

BANNED

Seeing Wonder Woman duck behind the shield feels totally wrong but in saying that the trailer's awesome, I'm relieved

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    The mask and the green cloak tell me Dr. Cyber. And my GOD, both these trailers look fun, but the Wonder Woman one looks darn near PERFECTION! What a time to be a Wonder Woman fan!
    Interesting call on Dr. Cyber. Maybe that's the reason Rucka may be using her (based on the Liam Sharp cover to #9)

I'm beyond words with this trailer. I was in tears watching it and can only imagine what I'll be like in the theater!

Anyone remember where Paradise Island location filming took place? That beach!

BANNED

I take this back
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 07-23-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Gadot looks great as Wonder Woman. I've always given her that much. Being "brought to life by Zeus" still provokes my ire. If they're going to say she wasn't conceived through sex then why does Zeus have to be involved?

Fight choreography looks good...glowing lasso--nice!
    I'd like to Think that it's to try to drive home the Point that it doesn't have to define who she is as a person? While the "guy" (who gave birth to Athena) was to help, he wasn't to much use then. Wonder Woman being the Child of a family of which the father abandoned is a story some could relate to in a way or another. I know I could, and I know quite a few who also can.

Similarly to Batman being a loner as a kid, or Superman being adopted or an immigrant.

But to the core of it. I'm fairly certain it has to do with it being in the latest internation of the comic.

That looked really good!!! Would like to see/know more of the villains as well.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

It looks AMAZING!!!!

Loving everything I just saw. The bright colors? Paradise Island actually LOOKS like a paradise? A tender moment between Diana and Hippolyta? Kickass action moments? The Lasso? Steve and Diana having some cute moments? Love it all!!

As far as the question of Diana's parentage? I'm thinking they might go with something I pitched at least a year or two ago as a possible compromise between the clay origin and the Zeus origin.

Remember the animated movie? Hippolyta sculpted a clay baby and anointed it with her blood. Lightning struck the baby. Diana was born. In the animated movie, it was never established who sent that lightning bolt. But? Come on......lightning is kinda Zeus' thing. Right?

Zeus could be Diana's "father" in the sense that he's the catalyzing agent that brought Diana to life, just like all fathers from a biological standpoint. Boom! Best of both worlds. Hippolyta doesn't look like a scumbag anymore. No betraying Hera. Heck, Hera may have given Zeus her blessing to do this thing. Who knows?

I couldn't be more pumped for this movie! We've waited more than TEN YEARS for this moment, brothers and sisters......and it's now only less than a year away.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I'd like to Think that it's to try to drive home the Point that it doesn't have to define who she is as a person?
    This cannot be had both ways. If Zeus "doesn't define her/doesn't really change anything" then incorporating him was a waste of time. It was done precisely to define who she is. You don't add a new ingredient to an old recipe for no reason.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Mighty Member

I think Patty tried to go the least offensive route and i respect her for it, still doesnt quite solve my problem with the zeus origin. I never cared if she had a father tbh i only cared that her powers were the result of a man and that her position was defined by a man "i.e daughter of Zeus" this version, while much preffered, still has that problem for me so hopefully Diana will see other live action versions outside of this and we'll get to see her be born of clay or brought to life by a goddess or something but thats honestly less important than the fact that the amazons seem to be done with respect here.

The lasso work looked nice. Gal seems to have the acting chops. Im glad to see that we could be getting a non greek myth related villain as its long over due that we dont rely on that stuff to define the character and to respect her long history and vastly underrated rogues gallery. Im excited. Frankly as long as they drive home Dianas compassion and belief that "love(-ing submission) is the answer to end human suffering" I'll be more than pleased.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 07-23-2016 at 03:06 PM.